Society/Culture Gay marriage 2 years in review

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the things in this world that truly make me sick, your posts are near the top of the list. It's like you're living in an alternate reality where every natural human inclination is to be shunned, and every act of depravity celebrated. Your kind are the scourge of humanity, and I know where your path leads (it's not where you think).
Yeah mate, we established that. I live in Berlin. Its great.

Love doesn't endure, and neither do marriages based on it. That's why we are living in the midst of a divorce epidemic.

I'd go with the 3rd world model - marriages based on pragmatic realism, rather than emotion.
You old romantic you!!

Saturday night in the Woota household sounds amazing. Just hold on babes... this one is for god.

What the hell does this have to do with two consenting adults who wish to get wed?
What has actually happened is our resident detective extraordinaire conservatives have made the startling revelation the the geyz were nothing more than a pawn in the left's grand scheme to have six year old's endlessly masturbating.

For the good of society, thank god we had them around to foil such pursuits.

I didn't know stats devolved into sentences... But there you go.

I didn't know that either, I just presumed intelligent people could make inferences based on them. Like the 50% divorce rate in western countries for example.

What has actually happened is our resident detective extraordinaire conservatives have made the startling revelation the the geyz were nothing more than a pawn in the left's grand scheme to have six year old's endlessly masturbating.

For the good of society, thank god we had them around to foil such pursuits.
Probably, NAMBLA and PIE were part of the gay rights movement in the 70s after all. Foucault (from which all social justice and post modernism descends) actively advocated for abolishing age of consent laws. So did Roz Ward.

When he says the right to hire/fire based on religious faith, he just means no NTTAWWTters. This is the government having a tanty because people like me can now get married. It's pathetic.

They should get no public money if thats what they want. Zero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question. Is the whole SRP board a kind of distraction technique to keep the sad angry losers occupied away from the bits of the site anyone cares about? Because thats kind of how its looking.

Have you seen the main board? It's at least as much of a cesspool as SRP is.

Have you seen the main board? It's at least as much of a cesspool as SRP is.

At least on the main board the worst get sent to the bay. Here they just sit there with the same Sad Angry Losers mutually masturwanking to nirvana.

The trend towards childless marriages has been picking up pace for a while, I see no reason why same sex marriage should have a significant impact on that.

The article doesn't mention marriage, childless or otherwise.

Cone on now, don't be afraid. Just say it.

I'm more than happy to go there

My friends will be there. So will most of my family. The music I like will be playing. As I understand it there's no footy or beer or pro-wrestling in heaven so I'm more than happy to take the down escalator.

Brilliant! If theists want us to be a religion, then I say we own it. We should have the ability to discriminate as well.

BTW there are some amusing assertions about the role of marriage in western society in this thread. Some actual facts regarding marriage to digest:

1. The vast majority of marriages have (and still remain) a contract between families
  2. As a result, marriage between cousins is common throughout the world (Jerry Lee Lewis anyone?)
  3. The Catholic Church took over the secular concept of marriage in the 12th century. It had nothing to do with religion prior.
  4. The Bible is huge on polygamy.
  5. The concept of marriage being about love and equals is very new

Oh and while we're on it. Yep, the Western World is definitely the better model. Not because of Christianity or being White or whatever - it's because the Western World adopted the scientific enlightenment before the rest of the world. Check out the life expectancy across the world pre-the scientific enlightenment.

Oh and the relative recent adoption of democracy took off in Western societies as well.

Part of the adoption of the scientific enlightenment is the adoption of secular ideals - one of which is the idea that marriage should be based on the idea of love and attraction rather than forcing unwilling participants into unloving unions (which you could hazard a guess were often bad for at least one of the participants, if not all). Hence marriage equality furthers the ideal that marriage should be based on two loving participants. And on we progress.
Post of thread.

actively tells young people that they shouldn't do it
"actively tells young people that they shouldn't do it"

What? Society tells people to have kids all the time. We live in a society where not having kids is to be ostracised.

People feel sad when reflecting about not having kids. Then go and have fun doing all the things couples with kids cant do.

Having kids make you happier upon reflection. But in the moment having kids mostly makes you less happy most of the time. Boy they are annoying and restrictive and a lot of work and cost a fortune. People spend 95 percent of their day living in the moment and only 5 percent reflecting. So who actually is happier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back