Universal Love Gazza Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. It’s got nothing to do with his football commentary though.

To be honest, while he gives in to lame tabloid instincts to say "outrageous" stuff like Geelong are better without Ablett or Sam Mitchell might not get a game at any team but Hawthorn, his football commentary skills remain HIGHLY in question to me. His only plus seems to be that he isn't quite as dumb as BT.

To be honest, while he gives in to lame tabloid instincts to say "outrageous" stuff like Geelong are better without Ablett or Sam Mitchell might not get a game at any team but Hawthorn, his football commentary skills remain HIGHLY in question to me. His only plus seems to be that he isn't quite as dumb as BT.

I think he's virtually the only one who speaks his mind about the game, and doesn't fall into line with everyone else about which team they need to cheer for or which player apparently we all have to worship. Plus he speaks infinitely more sense about the game than most too.

I wonder how Gary is feeling atm... 8 Rounds in ...

He is basically GA Version3. He is again playing in a side that is more than competitive ..in fact its winning games and near the top of the ladder. He may look at his old side flying off to China to get flogged and be very happy where he is. Im sure he is enjoying that yet again the side he is playing in is expected to win. .. not just hoping to win. He is playing where the result counts and the vibe is more football than beach..

On the other hand he is probably not really feeling the same revered player he once was..he is more someone who can accumulate numbers but have less dynamic impact , perhaps lost a tad of pace.. and the side probably is less reliant on him. The emergence of "the kids" has in part taken the emphasis of him. He is no long the centre of the universe. The fact that he is not as important as he once was is probably a bit of a dint to his ego.. yet thats probably something all mature players ..especially 34 year old players have to cope with.. most at that age are not even playing.

He looks like he is still capable of big games , that West Coast game showed that but I suspect there is a bit tempo about his game now.. Im sure he doesn't want to get injured again... Its probably been a bit disappointing that he has missed the KP games so far , and he knows any injury will cost a bunch of weeks due to us being extra careful.

Personally I really hope he can just get games into his body and get as hard as possible in prep for the finals. Im sure any up and down of his form..will be just shadows and dust if can play a couple of big games come Sept. So .. on track ..steady as it goes..

Still a class above and has the ability to break the lines and open up attacking options.

The ways the byes are scheduled now should mean that he can play the majority of the year depending on injuries and umpire touches.

Has always been a big game performer so pretty sure that trend will continue come the business end of the year.

I feel he’s more of a team player and doing what’s needed for the team , he isn’t standing out like he use to.

Then again imo none of the senior players have stood out too much so far this year so it might be too early to judge
I think this is massively important and perhaps really understated.

We are 3rd and not having won on he back of stars performances.. it’s been team performances that have gotten it done.

The big 3 have been involved but not obvious. They can lift and still have those moment or games where they rip it to pieces but we haven’t needed it yet.

I think it bodes well going forward.
Go Catters

I think this is massively important and perhaps really understated.

We are 3rd and not having won on he back of stars performances.. it’s been team performances that have gotten it done.

The big 3 have been involved but not obvious. They can lift and still have those moment or games where they rip it to pieces but we haven’t needed it yet.

I think it bodes well going forward.
Go Catters
Something we have been crying out for years while the kids were developing.

Love him and he's been great this year but he was pretty bad last night. Not even bad for GAJ bad but bad for an AFL player bad.
Yes an ordinary game but he was not on his own. Still a great kick and can still read the game better than some others.

Is it possible he tweaked his shoulder when he was caught for holding the ball in the forward pocket? Arm was in a kimura position, and he stayed down a little longer. Towards the end of the game there were a couple of instances where he avoided tackling. Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough credits in the bank to cough up a poor game, he had about 20 mates with him yesterday who played s**t.

He’s 34, need to cut him some slack, his burst of speed is gone, he will still dish out some solid games but I don’t expect him to play in 2019.

Enjoy the rest of watching Gaz as you can I reckon.

There’s definitely something not right, he looks hesitant almost every time he gets the ball.

I really think his midfield days are over, even the games this year where he’s got a lot of the ball, he’s not damaging with it.

As much as he doesn’t want it, I think he has to make the move to permanent forward

You're only as good as your last game - reading these posts makes that conclusion emphatic. As CS said, it's now up to how well our "leaders" respond next week, and whether our lesser lights can step up again.

You're only as good as your last game - reading these posts makes that conclusion emphatic. As CS said, it's now up to how well our "leaders" respond next week, and whether our lesser lights can step up again.
But who are our Leaders. I can think of plenty from the past-Scarlett, Harley, Mooney, Johnson, Ling just for starters- but hard pressed to find any now.

But who are our Leaders. I can think of plenty from the past-Scarlett, Harley, Mooney, Johnson, Ling just for starters- but hard pressed to find any now.

That's what success does though, prior to Harleys appointment most people said the Geelong list was devoid of leaders as well.
Success bred plenty though, also I'm a believer of leadership is created, not appointed, to me someone like Stewart is a leader.

He avoids all physical contact. I reckon his shoulders are complete toast and he does whatever it takes to protect them.

This was clear from watching his games last season. Any stats he got for tackles were when the guy was already immobilised on the ground.

Calls for putting him as a permanent forward make little sense as he is incapable of raising his arms to take a mark.

Its simple, he is gone. Cotton wool him and roll the dice for finals.
He does not tackle. He lacks penetration in his kicking, he is tackled more than ever

Stop discussing his achievements from 1990, this year he has been poor, really poor
Possessions are meaningless as its chip and chip back

He needs to get well, and put his body on the line, and if he was cooked it was a stupid trade
it was a stupid trade anyway

He is the sprinkles, but does not get in and dirty

Agree, hence the "----"

Its simple, he is gone. Cotton wool him and roll the dice for finals.
He does not tackle. He lacks penetration in his kicking, he is tackled more than ever

Stop discussing his achievements from 1990, this year he has been poor, really poor
Possessions are meaningless as its chip and chip back

He needs to get well, and put his body on the line, and if he was cooked it was a stupid trade
it was a stupid trade anyway

He is the sprinkles, but does not get in and dirty

Bit hard to discuss his achievements from 1990 when he was only 6.

Bit hard to discuss his achievements from 1990 when he was only 6.
No it isn't, remember that time he was doing drills in Vickick and drilled one over the safety house next to Corio Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back