MRP / Trib. Ablett offered 1 week for striking Miles

What will be the outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By the way, I'd personally be happy if the AFL said every punch is at least week, depending on force. But the current rules require sufficient force to constitute a strike and this doesn't reach that threshold. At worst it could be a fine under the provisions they have available but don't always use.

Intentional, high, low impact = 1 week
(if my reading of it is right)

We may be lucky and get careless but I'm not fussed either way, if the Tiger fans rejoiced at him getting a week then he rests up and kicks 5 against them it would be gloriously delicious

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought on the other occasions the awkwardness may have had something to do with protecting his shoulder. And it's been foreign to Gaza's game.

It does seem to have become prevalent after the Folau matter. I wonder if that and perhaps some on-field comments that may have followed may be the cause of his lack of composure these days.

Not much force but it was unnecessary and you can bet other clubs will note he can be 'got-in' and will use it.

Cut it out Gaz.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought on the other occasions the awkwardness may have had something to do with protecting his shoulder. And it's been foreign to Gaza's game.

It does seem to have become prevalent after the Folau matter. I wonder if that and perhaps some on-field comments that may have followed may be the cause of his lack of composure these days.

Not much force but it was unnecessary and you can bet other clubs will note he can be 'got-in' and will use it.

Cut it out Gaz.
I think you might be reading too much into it with the folau thing. Previous two were blocking moves and could be considered a part of footy. Not sure what to call this

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Nope I can’t. It’s a week- barely made contact and miles makes the most of it but you can’t go around throwing punches at players.
Look at the hit again. Slowly. It missed. Didn’t even hit the jaw. The Gold Coast player through his head back as the fist was coming then faked it like he was hit. Doesn’t even hit the throat either. Fresh air.

And this case will be dismissed on that bases.

That’s missed by a mile. Seriously can’t you see that?
I HATE that GAJ is in this spotlight again, but it does look like no contact, and the Sun ac(centua)t(e)s it up a bit, with Parsons shoving in disgust at his simulation.

Back