Review GBU Round 5 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad: injuries starting to catch up with us

Tex obviously hobbled
McAdam with no real impact on the game
Sloane and Mrouch out, meaning we are forced to play an undermanned midfield

Tough pill to swallow, to say the least

It seems as if we are digging in with Frampton and no matter how bad he is, he plays.
To be fair, his first quarter was ok, but after that total :poo::poo:.
I'm at a loss to say how much I wanna see him dropped.
However, what mysterious element he possesses that has Nicks enamoured of him will no doubt have been shown today (to Nicks --- I can't see it, myself) and he'll be retained, especially if Tex is injured.

Jake Kelly is a serious enigma

Had a stinker last week, busts his ass to prove his fitness, comes out and plays reasonably well then totally invisible in the last under a siege of entries.

What do you even do with a guy that routinely does that?

Good:

Some players have shown they are going to turn up and "chase arse" (Nicks quote) each week. That's you, Ned. That's you, Ben.

Sholl, Seeds, Berry all reliable. Laird accumulating well.

Tex early was good, though missing early shots cost us a nice early buffer. Can't blame him carrying a calf thereafter.

There is still plenty to like about this side and we got beaten today by a 5 minute purple patch.

Bad:

Fumbly. Oh so fumbly in the way Fyfe and Mundy simply weren't.

Still some low IQ plays out there but that's to be expected.

Forward entries were horrendous

Why did we wait until 0:01 to unlock the finishing power of Fog, marking on a lead?

Ugly:

Frampton can't be seriously selected next week.

This whole win poor = unchanged policy cannot be a feature of the side going forward. Winning ugly versus the wooden spooners is not that inspiring.

Gassed. We were absolutely gassed at the end there. Wouldn't have thought using the squad would be such a bad idea. Should be a wake up call. This is the kind of game where someone out of the side could have staked a claim. Don't wait to face the Bulldogs in Ballarat to throw some kid to the wolves.

Rob’s been a disappointment.. Falling over way too much.. probably injured, no one to replace him with..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure returning to the tactic of bombing it on top of the tallest defender's head has a lot of legs tbh.

Could pretty much see this coming. We were riding a wave which had to come down at some point. Could almost lock it in against Freo or Melbourne. Two teams that, no matter how they're travelling, always manage to suck us into their shitty game style and beat us.

Fyfe got away with everything. Throws, drops, you name it. Mundy on the other hand looked like a star, everything he touched turned to gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Kelly is a serious enigma

Had a stinker last week, busts his ass to prove his fitness, comes out and plays reasonably well then totally invisible in the last under a siege of entries.

What do you even do with a guy that routinely does that?
Drop him and never play him again.

To be honest..

hard to be too dissapointed by that.. the effort was there and we fought it out till the end.. massive improvement on last year and we are chock full of young and inexperienced players.

we simply got monstered in the middle all day and we all knew that was gonna happen when we put our inexperience and youth up against Mundy, fyfe and co.

sloane (“2021 sloane”) in and we probably wouldve won..

So.. lost it in the centre.. and when we actually won the ball in the centre our delivery to our forwards was terrible mainly due to it being rushed and under pressure.

gotta be happy about our defense though.. Butts just gets better and better, Doedee is in AA form and the rest back there stood up well.

if your melting over that loss from our young rebuilding side your a whinger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back