Review GBU v Protected Tigers - Rd 17, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Chaplin a Forward?
Most defenders can be forwards and vice versa. Mostly due to the fact they all need to be good at reading the play during the marking contests and where the drop of the ball. Anyway, I agree on your point that you don't have to play at forward or be good at it as a player, to be able to coach the forward line. No different to Pyke, being a defender, and telling the forwards what to do during the game.

Mate relax, im not arguing your point, i just pointed out Leppa was a very good forward before being turned into a defender.
Brendon Lade a Forward?

The fact is the greater majority of Forward Coaches in the AFL weren't recognised as Forwards

It is totally irrelevant the position they played, they can either coach or they can't.

Why are you quoting me? I'm not arguing your point.
I was replying to a poster that seems to thinks to be a Forward Coach you must have to have played as a Forward which is not evidence based, you bought into the discussion with your Leppitsch reference. Leppitsch is recognised as one of the very best KPD's of the modern game and is the position he built that reputation in.

I was replying to a poster that seems to thinks to be a Forward Coach you must have to have played as a Forward which is not evidence based, you bought into the discussion with your Leppitsch reference. Leppitsch is recognised as one of the very best KPD's of the modern game and is the position he built that reputation in.
Your point about most coaches not having a history as forwards is valid, as is your point about coaches being good coaches or not. It's just that Leppitsch isn't a great example, because he was a very good forward before he became an AA defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why we hired Francou, Sydney's midfield coach, and put him in the forward line.

He clearly did a very good job with Sydney's midfield during his time there. But then to waste that talent giving him a completely different role? Strange stuff.

I think you got a bit of the haze going there mate. You raised Leppitsch, I just answered your question.

Hampton was worst on, but Milera and Hartigan had a stirring battle to see which one of them was second worst, and I think Milera pipped him in the end.
Milera was one of our bright spots ... rubbish !

Nigel smart is hired as an executive.

Having never played there during his career ..

Explains everything

I don't understand why we hired Francou, Sydney's midfield coach, and put him in the forward line.

He clearly did a very good job with Sydney's midfield during his time there. But then to waste that talent giving him a completely different role? Strange stuff.
Agreed , still more concerned with Hart and Kaesler in control of our "Defense" .
And Clarke and Campo but it is all part of the same conversation is it not .

I didn't think Teague was a very good forward coach and he was a forward. So, first and foremost you have to be able to coach. /

What does one need to do in order for you to consider them a ‘very good forward coach’? Every forward to kick more than 100 goals? Ridiculous.

Most people rubbed their hands together and thought ' finally Campo gets moved on or out'

Nah

Surprised with all this talk of worst on ground no one has mentioned Tex, he was putrid, doesn't put in hard enough, often enough. As good as he was last week, he was equally as bad this week. And last week seems more the anomaly now then the norm.
As good as he was for 20 minutes last week ... his first 3 quarters were terrible before he had a patch .
He is nothing more than a moments player .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back