Analysis GBU vs Goldies

Remove this Banner Ad

We certainly know the basic difference between a trade and free agent and which applies to our own players, which evidently Chapman does not
So did anyone watch the match interstate live on Channel 7 free-to-air (not Fox) and saw the Chapman thing? The delayed telecast on 7mate in Adel didn't show any of that except for a passing glimpse of Chappie just before Eddie gets to the guard of honour. Interesting.

I feel ripped off! :grin:

Last edited:
Totally agree. Roos commentary really annoyed me though as kept referring to jj and made it sound as though he would have thrived with that delivery. He talked down the berg. I really don’t like the way roo talks about our players. Far too matey. He’s a board member ffs
Roo isn't even a good commentator, so would be best if he disappeared from any coverage.

Roo the Player = Champ
Roo the Commentator = Chump
He tries hard... but he overtly praises any opposition that plays us in an attempt to not appear biased. I'm not sure it works. Worst thing is his voice. I just really struggle with his tone.

Roo isn't even a good commentator, so would be best if he disappeared from any coverage.

I'm happy for him to stick to commentating if it gets him off our board.

Nah. Look at the coaches' votes.
I didn't say they were my votes. Vince's.
I didn't see the whole game, only highlights online.
Before I look at Coaches' votes, my guess is they have Sloane/Betts either way.

Ah yes, SMITHERS/Betts, 9 each :thumbsu:.

Isnt it amazing how much better we look when there is someone that can actually take a mark inside 50.

Greenwood + Himmelberg competed and looked dangerous in the air.

Gave Eddie more opportunities, Tex more space and a point of reference for the guys kicking it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt it amazing how much better we look when there is someone that can actually take a mark inside 50.

Gave Eddie more opportunities, Tex more space and a point of reference for the guys kicking it in.
Defenders have to respect them and can't afford to sag off and double-team other players. Simple but effective.

MacKay was excellent. Credit where its due. Playing a much needed role now in the absence of Seedsman and now Milera.
Agree, DMAC is still fighting for a spot in the best 22 when we have a fit line-up, but as it currently stands he is firmly best 22.

If he plays a month of footy like that then I don't see him giving up that spot without a fight either!

Chalk and bloody cheese mate!

Also amazing how much easier it is for our crumbers to crumb the loose balls, rather then easy intercept marks from the opposition player standing JJ.

Chalk and bloody cheese mate!

Also amazing how much easier it is for our crumbers to crumb the loose balls, rather then easy intercept marks from the opposition player standing JJ.

I mean GC dont have the personel down there, but how many times did they get an uncontested mark inside our 50?
I can recall 1.

haha... yeah, it'd be a bit weird for a brother in law to have your real face tattooed on his arse I would think! I recognised the little picture when they had it in the car and realised what they were doing.

Yes... It would be weird... but that’s the cost of making a bet and losing!...

Defenders have to respect them and can't afford to sag off and double-team other players. Simple but effective.
Its incredible how simple Forward line play is when you break down what the good players/team have in common!

1) Forwards play in front
2) If you can't mark it, do whatever you can to bring it to ground
3) Small players be at feet of tall players
4) Lead to space

Play with those 4 concepts as your foundation and you generally score! Its been that way for over 100 years across every grade of football.

I mean GC dont have the personel down there, but how many times did they get an uncontested mark inside our 50?
I can recall 1.
Thats probably about right. Watching us the first 4 weeks and it was maddening how many intercept marks were uncontested. Makes such a difference when we don't have 15-20 inside 50's a week going into JJ who provides zero pressure if he's in the wrong position (which is 90% of the time)

I dont care if you don't always mark it, but FFS at least make the defender earn it!

Forward line works with Greenwood and Berg, but fast movement from the backline with players aka Smithers and Mackay (shock) taking the game on and not slowly kicking it from one side to the other means teams don't have time to flood back.
Forwards also need not to come too far up the ground. Wasn't at the game Sunday, did they stay further back this week?

Forward line works with Greenwood and Berg, but fast movement from the backline with players aka Smithers and Mackay (shock) taking the game on and not slowly kicking it from one side to the other means teams don't have time to flood back.
Forwards also need not to come too far up the ground. Wasn't at the game Sunday, did they stay further back this week?
Gibbs went to half back which freed Smith to push up a bit.

There was definitely more room I50.

Easy started deep but then got on his bike roaming pretty far and wide, then Tex rolled back deeper. Tex a far more dangerous proposition leading out into space as we all know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back