Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree ....that's why year after ....by then will be at the 50 game mark, but importantly will have 5 years in an AFL system behind him

I would suggest the 2022 season at earliest.

2020 on field recovery from knee as it takes 12 months of solid on field game to get yoiu best form back.
2021 develop his leadership style
2022 captain

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I would suggest the 2022 season at earliest.

2020 on field recovery from knee as it takes 12 months of solid on field game to get yoiu best form back.
2021 develop his leadership style
2022 captain
One year ....discussion point ....but we both agree, a future leader

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The rebuild that's needed most at the AFC right now is in the coaching group, the fitness department and in the Boardroom. Sure there's a handful of older players that we need to move on but no way do we need an all out list re-build...no way.

What's critically needed most is an all out re-jig of our gameplan/gamestyle that good oppo coaches take great delight in breaking down and opportunities given to our youngsters over serial under performing experienced players. Our list is nowhere near the point of needing a complete rebuild IMO and can easily be managed with forced retirements/delistings and smart drafting/trading.
I agree but it seems the club thinks we need to rebuild the list, if you’re doing that then Lynch would give us currency.

He also frees up a spot in our forward line and makes it less slow. We re-signed Davis for 2 years, he’s the player that should fill that role otherwise why did we re-sign him?

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Who's our next captain?

If Sloane and Walker do what Boak has done - step back and focus on their own game and fitness - who would the candidates be?

Doedee

Doedee for sure.

I’d also be tempted to offer Luko a leadership role as part of our offer to get him.

Not sure you give someone new to the club a leadership role. But 100% agree on Doedee

Brodie Smith for the rebuild and then Doedee in a couple when the s**t is all shoveled out.

Nah, just get Doedee in and make it a long term one. Tell him it's up to him to mold the next flag winning team and get some real qualities in there

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
A few questions.

Is Fog our leading goalkicker this year?

Do you reckon Brett Burton watches Brisbane and reckons he had something to do with it?

Does Kate Ellis ever ask herself what the fu** she’s doing on a football club board?

Does any media personality listed as a Crows ambassador ever criticize the club in a public forum, or is that left to Stephen Rowe every time?

Does anyone doing Ben Hart’s performance review keep a straight face?

Does Campo really give a fu**?

Does Matthew Clarke think his calling is anything other than coaching amateurs?

Does Don Pyke think any of the aforementioned people won’t completely send his coaching career down the s**tter?

Do any Crows fans still care?
Your assuming Pyke isn't the problem. He is one of many problems. Head coach is responsible for what's on field. If he isn't he shouldn't be in the job to begin with.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Doesn't seem like we have a clear plan with a number of our players

Himmelberg - potential position at AFL level is fwd/ruck but hardly rucked in SANFL due to us having O'Brien and Hunter

Smith - defender, forward, centre square mid, wingman? Season has been a motley hybrid of all of them. Inside mid only after a game is gone and our midfield embarrassed.

Milera - see Smith. Young player given inconsistent role has inconsistent season. What is our plan with him?

M Crouch, B Crouch, Sloane - doesn't seem like that combo can go head-to-head and beat the best midfields in the competition. What other strings to their bow are they working on? Apart from Sloane tagger I mean... We've decided inside mid or nothing with all of them and haven't explored anything else.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your assuming Pyke isn't the problem. He is one of many problems. Head coach is responsible for what's on field. If he isn't he shouldn't be in the job to begin with.

Even if you’re convinced he’s the problem, look at the pile-on of unelected, unaccountable junk stacked on top of the problem, who created the problem.

There are good boards, administrations and footy departments. There are bad boards, administrations and footy departments. Then there’s 50 foot of crap.

And then there’s us.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even if you’re convinced he’s the problem, look at the pile-on of unelected, unaccountable junk stacked on top of the problem, who created the problem.

There are good boards, administrations and footy departments. There are bad boards, administrations and footy departments. Then there’s 50 foot of crap.

And then there’s us.
I totally agree that there must be a complete cleanout of our club starting with Mr Unaccountanility Rob Chapman but what i saw on field yesterday and have seen previously is a group that does not believe in the coach. I have seen it many times before in numerous sports. It sticks out like the proverbial. Said it last year that Pyke lost the players and the results only back that up. I believe the players made a statement yesterday when they gave up that they want Pyke out. I bet if you asked them they would want numerous people out including Burton, Campo, Hart, Haas for starters. Performances like yesterday can't be allowed to continue. That is only half the problem btw. The list needs a complete transformation which should have begun at least 2 to 3 years ago.

Can someone list off the positional changes we made during yesterday’s game?

Jones went into the middle in the last quarter when we were 12 goals down.

I also saw poor old Eddie chasing their mids a few times as they were streaming forward (while ours were jogging in a group in the centre square).

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
After getting flogged in the middle all match by backing Crouches, Sloane & Gibbs in we finally throw Jones in there, proceed to win 3 clearances of which 2 ended in goals. Play him in the middle and develop him and maybe we'll see something to get really excited about.

Blind Freddy can see how our centre square set up is so completely stuffed but we keep persisting with this sh!t

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Can someone list off the positional changes we made during yesterday’s game?

Roo kept banging on about changes needed after HT. None came

He mentioned the fact there were zero changes made after a diabolical first half. Surely he realises that a sweep is needed? Or is he too self serving?

Such an amazing player, i don't want his legacy tarnished.....But it's heading that way

dani_giuls

All Australian
Apr 17, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would staff have performance reviews? Every corporation I have ever worked has performance reviews every 6months..we even have anonymous surveys for our managers....surely issues with staff would come out in this.

And, other than jobs for mates, how could staff with continuous negative reviews (if they exist) and obvious under-performing stay in their roles? Some of our guys in lead roles have racked up long service leave for essentially nothing -in the brutal industry that is Professional Sport.

It just baffles me..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He mentioned the fact there were zero changes made after a diabolical first half. Surely he realises that a sweep is needed? Or is he too self serving?

Such an amazing player, i don't want his legacy tarnished.....But it's heading that way

He trashed his legacy last year when he did **** all about the Burton problem.

Let's see him explain to the board halfway through next year when we are 2-10 with record low crowds.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

Roo is looking for any outs to keep his mates on board.

Pyke will take the fall for all of Burton’s failings as well as his own.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imagine my delight when I saw a starting midfield of Sloane, Crouch and Crouch.

The same combo that has been annihlated in pretty much every game since the bye.

I'm starting to wonder whether we need to ring the Guide Dogs Association of SA and get a few labradors for our coaches coz they are blind.

Back