Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
Meant to be a bit of fun so have a crack at what you think will happen and see how close you really are.

Good: Fog kicking 120 goals and taking the lead in the coleman

Bad: Atkins. Was hardly sighted

Ugly:the Collingwood cheer squad. Even with a full smile they can’t complete a full set of teeth between them.

Good

Fog jogging off the ground into the stands at half time and snotting Eddie Maguire

Crowd clapping Fog for the rest of the game

Bad

Maguire spending the next month whinging about it

Ugly

Fagan suggesting that it was "unAdelaide like"

Masterful display by the Pies late inclusion Phill Inn. We should target him in the trade period.

Maybe can take the spot going forward at the Crows of guys like Rusted Onn and Locked Inn.
Or Youtrytelinghimhesnotplay Inn

Mackay stands up in the tackle, shrugs off 3 guys followed by a huge don’t mess with me fend off, left then right sidesteps and a low bullet 50 m stab pass to Douglas, who falls over for a turnover goal to the Pies to win the game.
Mackay and Dougy then hug, knowing they gave it their all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:
We have now confirmed that neither of Jacobs or Douglas will be offered deals for next year.

The season is officially over so now we can play the kids for a whole 1 game. Oh wait, gotta do farewell games for the “legends” so further stunting of development is essential.

Bad:

The forward line consisting of Jacobs / ROB, Walker, Fog, Lynch and co allowed Collingwood to waltz it out of defense at will as soon as the ball hit the deck all night. Who’d have thunk it?

Ugly:

D-Mac’s 15 touches of run and carry in an honourable loss at home to an average side have cemented his role at the club for the 2020 season. Contract offer imminent.

There is a chance we stick with the majority of this incompetent crew of assistant coaches for another year.

Roughly 20 players currently at the club, and perhaps 2 players total at other AFL clubs, actually want to play for the AFC.

We are a feeder club with the least talented list of under 23s in the AFL combined with some fast declining veterans, s**t coaches and a toxic administration, and we are going nowhere fast.

Imagine trying to invent a game style that requires decent passing ability and average player IQ to execute properly.

We lack both.

Why do we wonder what went wrong when you see people run brilliantly to create a switch only for some moron to go back the other way into traffic and give it to a 50/50 leading to a turnover and goal.

Or some other moron look up and see someone running into a paddock and instead of kicking it in front of them to either get a quick run on or at worst a throw in, instead decide to handpass short to someone under pressure leading to a turnover and goal.

Absolute ******* joke.

Rebuild everything.

Move Pyke on now. Bite the bullet. The players' performance at the crunch shows they don't want him. They don't play for him or his message. There are a lot of machinations as to why, but he's ultimately responsible.

If Godden is on a two year deal then demote him but give him a role at the club somewhere, but far away from the AFL coaching box. Tell Camporeale and Hart they're finished.

Keep Mattner.

Burton sacked. Obviously.

Total rebuild required. New coach must have his own setup, coaches etc. No bullsh*t about soft caps etc. We have the coin. Use it on football instead of gimmicks.

Retire Betts, Jacobs, Otten, Douglas, Mackay. Walker needs a man conversation. He's basically done.

Put anyone bar Sloane, Doedee, Fogarty and O'Brien on the trade table. I mean anyone. Includes Crouches, Laird, Smith.

But that's not the biggest concern - we need an administration overhaul, a complete re-working of how the club functions. Fagan, Ricciuto and the Board should be under an independent external review with recommendations made available to the members.

Finally, treat us like members, not customers. If I continue to be treated like a customer I will behave like one and take my money elsewhere.

Anything short of that and I don't renew my membership.

This Adelaide Crows team has lucked out of not finishing bottom 4, through an easy draw and an ability to win against similarly insipid teams.

Wins against:
Sydney
Gold Coast
St Kilda
Fremantle
Melbourne (barely)
Gold Coast x2
St Kilda x2

Can't beat any team of repute including inconsistent sides in Essendon and Collingwood.

Only wins that carry any sort of pride are the Showdown, GWS and undermanned Richmond at home.

If this offseason doesn't bring with it a total clean-out, we're in for more years of pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back