Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
A very good mate of mine knows Richard Fennell one of the current board members.

My mate bailed him up and asked some hard questions and what Fennell said was along the liens of the following:

"Dont think Pyke has lost the players"

"No knee jerk reactions whilst finals still a chance"

"Everyone is frustrated and disappointed"

"Measured considered change needed, back the right people in"

So there you go. Its classic Crows.

Profits are high so why the * care about how the team is performing.

I don't think we overrated our list at all at the end of 2017, Champion Data agreed....it's what has followed that's the biggest problem, an abomination of a preseason last year and a significant catastrophic change in game plan magnified in the 2019 season with the ease half decent oppo coaches have been able to break it down.

We didn't overrate our list, we did everything to sabotage it.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was a weird comment when Ricciuto got asked during commentary why Don goes down to the bench 5 minutes into quarters

"I don't know."

Would have thought there'd be some chat at the club about that stuff. You obviously don't want board members peering over shoulders, back seat coaching. But I'd have thought that link would need to be a strong one.

Do Ricciuto and Pyke have a close relationship?

That is ludicrous. Everyone knows why he does it because he’s said he wants to see the overall view early then because of the no runners situation he and other coaches want to talk to players direct

How can Roo not know that?

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was a weird comment when Ricciuto got asked during commentary why Don goes down to the bench 5 minutes into quarters

"I don't know."

Would have thought there'd be some chat at the club about that stuff. You obviously don't want board members peering over shoulders, back seat coaching. But I'd have thought that link would need to be a strong one.

Do Ricciuto and Pyke have a close relationship?
Ricciuto seemed a tad unhinged all game (to the point where the director/commentary team rightly made the decision to never cross to him at all by the end.) His rant about Betts goal-kicking range was particularly uncomfortable to listen to.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
You are probably right but I would have thought the review would be conducted but someone not within the football department?
Hopefully it is a genuine review - external group with no links.

But I know Fagan has claimed to some posters on here that we have reviewed thoroughly at the end of seasons before. Bit vague on the details of course, none of which are publicly available.

Idontpullout

All Australian
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pike called for review of the football department at least he is trying to get the ball rolling will he be heard or brushed aside?
Is that so?
That says to me that there are people undermining him and he doesnt have much say at all. He is probably just seen as a pawn In the grand scheme of things.

Ricciuto seemed a tad unhinged all game (to the point where the director/commentary team rightly made the decision to never cross to him at all by the end.) His rant about Betts goal-kicking range was particularly uncomfortable to listen to.
Didn't hear it being at the game, but imo it would be best for Roo to stop commentating games. It's not like he is any good at it any way.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't hear it being at the game, but imo it would be best for Roo to stop commentating games. It's not like he is any good at it any way.

I would prefer he continues to commentate games and resigns from his board position. He has done so much damage to this club. If he wasn't a favorite son he would have been run out of town.

I see they've gone to ground on social media again. Not even a mention of the SANFL game.

Gutless ****heads.

I see they've gone to ground on social media again. Not even a mention of the SANFL game.

Gutless ****heads.
Poor leaders go missing in difficult times...

crowker

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its sad to see arguably the best player to ever pull on a crows jumper being reduced to this .
Unfortunately not all great players make great commentators and Roo certainly fits that category.

How he ever got a radio gig is beyond me, that " letting air out of a balloon" voice is excruciating.

I just wish he would wake up, he's suffering the media craving Jack Vidgen syndrome.. you've had your day , your come back was a failure ,now please slip back into obscurity ..;)

Back