The Gerbil King

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2007
Widgemooltha
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco
Red, Gold and Blue. Just like the mob up the road. And Adelaide.

When are AFL clubs gonna stop copying each other? What have they got against the color Green, or grey ....... or purple?

Call an enquiry.

I always thought that orange and black (a la NFL's Bengals) horizontal stripes would have made a good 17th or 18th jumper, obviating the need for a clash jumper (except against maybe Carlton).

Green is also under-done as a colour (probably becasue it resembles grass too much). From recollection, Fremantle is the only Australian "major league" team to use it.

I read somewhere that the red represents the sun, yellow the sand and blue the sky and sea.

They could have gone orange instead of red :rolleyes:

I always thought that orange and black (a la NFL's Bengals) horizontal stripes would have made a good 17th or 18th jumper, obviating the need for a clash jumper (except against maybe Carlton).

Green is also under-done as a colour (probably becasue it resembles grass too much). From recollection, Fremantle is the only Australian "major league" team to use it.

The Canberra Raiders Rugby League strip looks OK - especially with white shorts - The Green Machine

www.raiders.com.au/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrap the blue anyone? Why not move away from all other GC clubs and just have simple, plain, yellow and red (white may be included).

When are AFL clubs gonna stop copying each other? What have they got against the color Green, or grey ....... or purple?

Call an enquiry.

Not to nitpick but Brisbane wear Maroon, I think if they focus primarily on the red and yellow and keep the blue and white as understated as possible it could be a good colour combination.

Scrap the blue anyone? Why not move away from all other GC clubs and just have simple, plain, yellow and red (white may be included).
agreed.

Not to nitpick but Brisbane wear Maroon, I think if they focus primarily on the red and yellow and keep the blue and white as understated as possible it could be a good colour combination.
And Adelaide use Navy, but we're splitting hairs here.
If you compare with the other two-team towns, there's not a single common colour between the them.

Take LA and NYC for example too. The Lakers and Clippers only have the minor white in common, as do the NY Giants and Jets.

The Green Machine obviously. Aside from Canberra and Freemantle (green isn't their major colour) the new North Queensland A-League team will use green as its primary colour.

When are AFL clubs gonna stop copying each other? What have they got against the color Green, or grey ....... or purple?.

It's simple : Orange, Bronze, Silver, Grey, etc. would be different, inventive, popular with kids, help with merchandise sales and would obviously avoid guernsey clashes. It would make perfect sense - something GC17 have not got!

The average 10 year old footy fan would know more about marketing than this amateurish rabble! As a Gold Coast local I am embarrassed, as are 95% of AFL fans up here. Just check out remarks left by people on the local news papers.:thumbsdown:

I don't see any clash. Do you?

i think its more a problem about identity than clashes personally. this is suposed to be a new "exciting" club and they're using colours that are already taken

...oh and btw west coasts wing jumper is royal blue not navy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back