Gc = sf ?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SwansCrowsPortFreoGCGWS

San Francisco 49ers do not include their nickname on their logo. Their strip looks like this

Current uniform Team colors
red gold white black

If the GC substitute blue and yellow into the design, are we looking at a GC strip of red socks, yellow/gold shorts, and a white or red jersey?

Maybe the bit of blue goes around the shoulder and neck trim of an AFL jersey design. Is GC modelling itself along SF lines?

That sort of logo isn't uncommon, but to use your NFL analagy, there are a couple of teams that use text as their logo, such as the Giants, Jets, Packers and Bears. If the GC go with that I don't think it wouldn't be too bad.

Yeah its starting to grow on me too as a valid logo (one that doesn't include a critter). Now that gridiron has started again (my summer footie fix) you're right about those other text logos, Giants combining NY and NJ-ersey very cleverly.

After all the negativity following the 'GC presentation', I'm trying to build a case that they actually know what they are doing, and have a plan. The SF model I can understand.

The GC strip colours are the next to decipher from the logo. In the same vein, the 49ers strip may be the model for the GC strip (AFL style). Any artists out there- red and gold with blue trim?

Geelong and Carlton have a text logo, though Cats have been encouraged to highlight their critter, whilst Melbourne have been encouraged to drop their Demon from their logo.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 'GC' become gold text in 2010 rather than its current yellow and white.

Black Falcon, are you planning on jumping ship come 2011?

I'm hoping to be able to barrack for both teams in Qld. I will be seeing GC games live out of curiousity , plus also because my brother is a local. As a Qlder, I want to see both clubs succeed.

The GC presentation took many of us by surprise, and as a registered GC17 supporter since April, its taken awhile to reconsider my position re the new club (there would be many others also).

No I won't be jumping ship, but I'd prefer to be able to barrack for GC as well, and add them to my list of favourite clubs. :D

I still reserve the right to be a hard taskmaster in the next two years though, but I am ok about joining you GCers and watching a match live when its possible, as long as your all wearing proper clothes, not swimmers a la the Gary Cliffords. :p

Any artists out there- red and gold with blue trim?

Don't class myself as an artist, but what do you think?

2unvqf5.png

Looks like a vertical Lions jumper.

You understand, of course, that regardless of the design the colours are always going to make it look like some variation of a Lion's guernsey. Not my choice of colours either. I would have preferred orange, white and blue for the Gold Coast's colours, but that's for a different thread.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that jersey design, but its too much like Lions.

The alt uniform on the SF costumes highlights the effect of gold relative to the red, and this is something the GOLD Coast might look at.

I could live with GC having a gold jersey, red socks, and shorts which are red for home matches and gold or white for away games.

This keeps the logo colours true, and the bit of blue either gets dropped or is used only for the numbers on the back of jerseys.

Red and yellow is a bit chunderous. That yellow on the logo could easily become gold in the latter half of 2010, when things get serious.

Gold Coast wearing an all gold jersey. Is that too hard? It would be completely different to any other team, and when they played Hawthorn, the red socks and shorts would make the difference. Against Crows, the all gold strip and red socks would work a treat, same against Swans, the only other 'red' team in the comp.

Artists where are you???? This GC17 mob needs help !!! :)

Quick search of 10 jersey design pages found me one red and yellow design, which basically should be the colours of GC. Design could be improved but what about the colour combo?

Re: Create Name and Jumper of new Gold Coast Team
gcredbullsrd0.jpg

Poster was InCase

Gold Coast Football Club

Here are the lifesaver, lifeguard colours

spacer.gif
CB063720.jpg

red and yellow/gold
GC red shorts and red socks, with gold jersey

Re: GC Colors

Found this from Pumpychowdown.

If you replaced the blue arm and neck trim with red, it would cut out any Fitzroy/Lions clash. The blue numbers are a possibility to stay, but red would be a goer as well.

It would then only clash with the Crows red away strip jersey.

You owe me some new retinas.

Krudmonk, how are your retinas now?

icon10.gif
Re: Gold Coast name and mascot: They got it right (for now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Falcon
Most intelligent comment I've seen for ages. Can you post any likely meter maid jerseys for us ????

Here are a couple of 17YO draftees:

meter%20maid.jpg

This gold is far more like the SF 49ers gold. Is the appeal of red and gold more suitable for GC? The above pic is from poster Carna.

From watthe

I made this one with the logo and i think they should have the nickname the "Guards"
Jumper3.jpg

From StatsFanatic

Home:

gcfcho10.png

The above three are on p43 of GC jumper design thread.
I've stockpiled these red and yellow designs for easy future reference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back