Autopsy GC Suns V Roos - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, the pressure from GC was off the charts. It was constant and non stop. They were manic.

We aren’t experienced enough to keep up with that. We tried to in the first half but just fell over our own feet.

In the end we were constantly outnumbered, everywhere!

Some of our guys looked worse than they really are bc they had zero support or no one to kick it to.

I assumed our defense would be the worst line this year but the forwards... well it doesn’t even exist!

On a side note, is it true that there was very little rain in Qld last week, and that the majority of the floods were actually dew related?

Did he sit on the flood barriers or was it a dam?

I’ll save the negatives for others and those that seem to thrive off the negativity.

Positives:
- Jed is a gun and was one of the few midfielders to earn his stripes.
- Laz and Powell are steps in the right direction. Need to draft more leg speed.
- Corr worked hard and I thought McKay was pretty good considering king got spoon fed all night.
- Bonar was superb
- Turner had a crack.
- I never have to return to that crap hole of a stadium and their moronic plastic supporter base. Never experienced a bigger bunch of twits that lacked footy knowledge, and I’ve been to swans games.
- I know it is frustrating, but we’ve got to stick fat and not turn on the club, players and fellow fans.

Effort not good enough.
Depth not there.
Some super promising kids.

Corr, Young, Bonar & Jed were terrific.
McKay was good on King, Goldy, & JZ were ok. Powell, I've seen enough, jet.
Lazarro also really impressive.

Larkey was terrible, and it wasn't because of poor delivery. Barely halved a contest all night.

Tyson should not play for NMFC again. Ever.

Atley's been a great servant but must go end of season.

Simpkin needs to lose the baulks for a bit and get back to first option footy. Teams are on to him.

If they bring the 3rd qtr effort each week and lose every game I'll be happy. We're rebuilding from the basement so getting outclassed is gonna happen most weeks but being outworked that badly is not on.

Whoever said we could lose good Friday if we sh*t the bed next week is spot on. We'll get a free pass on the crowd numbers due to COVID bs but rightly or wrongly the AFL are itching to find a reason to take it from us, and a 100 point loss will absolutely restart the narrative.
Agree with pretty much all of this.

Anderson: 24 disposals and 14 tackles. The guy is a machine. So good to have him back. He was probably our best

Atley: Has there been a less inspiring 27-disposal game? His kicking was atrocious. I was going to say that he is surely testing our patience, but that was a year ago!

Polac: Has North Melbourne had a softer player?

Simpkin: I saw someone say during the game that he needs to forget about trying to side step everyone every single time and instead just get back to playing percentage football. I agree.

Ziebell: A couple of shockers, but overall, he did well. On the basis of last week and tonight, the Jack at halfback idea is a good one.

Corr: Solid

LDU: He was just okay tonight. Will be a LOT better, as they all will be, when Cunnington returns and takes some of the pressure off.

Goldy: His normal reliable, hard-working self. A great NM champion who never tires.

Lazzaro: 18 disposals in what was effectively his debut game. He has pace. He has composure. I’m a fan. Well played young man. A real positive to come out of a dirty night

Scott: He was good. Still in the early stages of his career. Keep pumping games into him. Big upside.

Bonar: One of the highlights for me. He is tough. He uses the ball well. He has pace. I’m glad we held onto him. He should take confidence from tonight’s performance.

Young: A good game. Plenty of intercept marks. Very pleased we got him

Thomas: Could have had 4 goals if he had kicked straight. Got better as everyone else tired. A fair game.

Turner: Busy without really ever doing much.

Powell: Another good game from the youngster. Uses the ball well, doesn’t panic. Keep playing him.

Zurhaar: Almost took Mark of the Year. Other than that … meh. Nice to see him spend some time in the midfield. He’s giving us nothing up forward at present.

Walker: The only forward who looked likely. Was good when swung down back. He’s one of our most reliable players

Stephenson: He was okay. Was going to be difficult to beat last week’s 33 possession performance. And he didn’t.

Tyson: I really WANT him to succeed. But he’s not AFL level.

Larkey: Desperately needs help. He is having almost no impact.

Mahony: Barely sighted

McKay: Defended well. He will become one of the best key defenders in the comp over the next few ye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 TO from 21 Disposals.

A 21 year old mid producing that is the least of my concerns.
Not just turnovers, and he's not alone in this, but he regularly shanked kicks that made it to the target but then immediately put the recipient under pressure. Won't show up on the stat sheet as a turnover but it's still torchign the footy.

The after game stuff with the joking smiling players pissed me off...no shame with the loss....have some respect for the supporters who get disappointed...if it mean nothing to you go and stack shelves in Coles

1st half was as bad as it gets. Lazy, disinterested, dumb football.

2nd half was actually a pretty encouraging response and gives me some hope for next week.
Hope? Be the biggest shallacking of the two previous games combined. 100pts. To be competitive players need to play in their positions. Now, Im liking Bonar grow into his role, happy for that to continue. JZ (will be out) the experiment is done. Noble cannot possibly persist. Dumbest s**t ive ever ******* witnessed in my life.

We have too many players who hit grass with their disposals instead of a player, Gold Coast did a great job to pressure us so if we didn't hit the target, the player was under the pump, the other way around we were that 1-2m off our man and it allowed them to just hit target after target with their much better foot skills. It was pretty greasy and we allowed them to take 114 marks, only 8 were contested.

It is fine if the coach wants to attack more, but you need to be able to hit targets and you need forwards who are able to get into space and you need to be able to defend a whole lot better than we did.

The quality of our decision making and execution in the middle is suspect atm and it is the main reason we are getting done like we have the last couple of weeks and in the pre-season games, we just give the ball back to the opposition even when we get a good clearance.

That's a different game if we kept our structure and ran harder. A lot of the turnovers came from a lack of options either up the field or even in the vicinity of the player in any direction.

The boys need to keep their heads up. We've already copped a lot of injuries and it's going to be a long season. Back each other as a group, follow the plan, work harder on the track (looking at you Zurhaar) and we'll start to improve.

I have not seen any vision of any North player look like they have an ounce of care about the sh*t that we are serving up. Losing faith in a lot of the players who the majority of supporters think will be the saviour of the club. First year players for other clubs are showing more in one week than LDU, Jy and TT have collectively shown across two. Powell the best thing about watching us right now. Insipid

I'm well and truly in the acceptance stage already.
We will likely not win a game this year and that was pretty obvious with how many players we cut and our preseason form. I struggle to see many games where we'll even be genuinely competitive. We've had a handful of competitive quarters in four games, including pre-season.
I still think we cut a couple of players too many and our list management is far from convincing, but that's where we are.
Good news is that things will still get worse most likely as we need to replace Goldy, Ziebell, Cunners and Taz in next couple of years.
The forward line stinks and concerns within the club about the decision to move on Brown seem well founded.
The defensive structure is non existent. GC did training drill stuff at times.
The mids don't chase.
Our disposal is deplorable.
The first half effort was simply abysmal.
We're putting a lot of stock in the likes of Jy and LDU and they should come good, but they have been underwhelming thus far (aside from LDU's first qtr last week). Jy seems to be trying to do too much.
It seems to me our guys look good in pre-season, because they are playing against us.
Tyson is nowhere near it. Waste of a list spot (along with Campbell and Hall). Shows no urgency for a bloke with career on line.
Atley is a horribly underwhelming senior footballer. He played better in second half but he can't make the mistakes he does, every week.
Thomas is class but doesn't do enough, often enough.
Walker is a pure defender.
Zurhaar and Larkey struggling, but playing forward in this team would be like being on death row. You know it's not ending well.
Mahony - goer but needs an elite quality, what is it?
Turner - days since he last kicked a goal? Tries but no impact.

On positive note...
Lazzaro looked good.
Powell shows class. But I refuse to get my hopes up on him as this game always ends in pain at North these days. Fingers crossed he bucks the trend.
McKay and Corr can hold their heads high. As can Young.
Jed cracked in, set an example. But doesn't use it well.
Bonar did well. Maybe try him on ball?

This is the worst North team in 50 years and it's gonna be that way for some time.
Never beaten? Not best year for that slogan.
I just hope we don't waste the draft capital we'll get. The implications of doing that don't bear thinking about.

I'm well and truly in the acceptance stage already.
We will likely not win a game this year and that was pretty obvious with how many players we cut and our preseason form. I struggle to see many games where we'll even be genuinely competitive. We've had a handful of competitive quarters in four games, including pre-season.
I still think we cut a couple of players too many and our list management is far from convincing, but that's where we are.
Good news is that things will still get worse most likely as we need to replace Goldy, Ziebell, Cunners and Taz in next couple of years.
The forward line stinks and concerns within the club about the decision to move on Brown seem well founded.
The defensive structure is non existent. GC did training drill stuff at times.
The mids don't chase.
Our disposal is deplorable.
The first half effort was simply abysmal.
We're putting a lot of stock in the likes of Jy and LDU and they should come good, but they have been underwhelming thus far (aside from LDU's first qtr last week). Jy seems to be trying to do too much.
It seems to me our guys look good in pre-season, because they are playing against us.
Tyson is nowhere near it. Waste of a list spot (along with Campbell and Hall). Shows no urgency for a bloke with career on line.
Atley is a horribly underwhelming senior footballer. He played better in second half but he can't make the mistakes he does, every week.
Thomas is class but doesn't do enough, often enough.
Walker is a pure defender.
Zurhaar and Larkey struggling, but playing forward in this team would be like being on death row. You know it's not ending well.
Mahony - goer but needs an elite quality, what is it?
Turner - days since he last kicked a goal? Tries but no impact.

On positive note...
Lazzaro looked good.
Powell shows class. But I refuse to get my hopes up on him as this game always ends in pain at North these days. Fingers crossed he bucks the trend.
McKay and Corr can hold their heads high. As can Young.
Jed cracked in, set an example. But doesn't use it well.
Bonar did well. Maybe try him on ball?

This is the worst North team in 50 years and it's gonna be that way for some time.
Never beaten? Not best year for that slogan.
I just hope we don't waste the draft capital we'll get. The implications of doing that don't bear thinking about.
Don't disagree but we have 20 more games. History shows we will likely jag one or two at least.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are some people in here not seeing the forrest for the trees.

We have a bunch of kids.
We have a coach who just finished his second game.
We made deep cuts to senior players last year, there are more deep cuts coming this year.
We played a ground we stuck at even when we are going OK.

If you're getting you panties in a twist in the second round of this year then I'd suggest you either tune back in in a couple of seasons or adjust your expectations.

We'll win some games this year.

Likely in the 7 game stretch between 10-16 where we play Docklands or Slowbart for a stretch.

A few positives. Bonar played his best game for the club, Jed was hard at it as usual and Young took some good intercept marks.
The negatives are too many to mention, but I will say that our forward line is the worst I can remember in half a century of following our club.
Agree on forward line. It’s essentially non-existent. A player with the ball running down the ground would have zero possibilities to kick to other than space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back