Autopsy GC Suns V Roos - Rd 2, 2021

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The hysteria on here is way over the top. We are s**t but literally everyone who is saying we won’t win a game all year and are about to be relocated also called for a full rebuild. This is what it looks like. It may work, it may not, and certainly effort like the first half is worrying. But the kids showed plenty and we fought it out. To repeat: we are doing a full rebuild. This is what it looks like. “Worst team for 50 years” and “play all the kids” cohabitating is just cognitive dissonance. You’re never as good or as bad as you think...

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
The AFL is all about protecting its players, yet schedules night games on the Gold Coast where it’s that slippery blokes are likely to do knees and ankles trying to turn on an ice rink.
The night games at the GC have become and institution and are due to clubs from colder climates complaining about having to play in the heat.
the Suns fans (and I think the club) would much prefer to play day / twilight games, it would see a great deal more fans turn up as well as young family’s aren’t taking there kids out to a game that finishes at 10pm

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dropping a chest mark perfectly placed in front of you is inexcusable
Turner had 1 tackle for the night - this from the guy who can provide zero offensive threat also provides next to zero defensive tackling.

There's people who know fu** all about football on this site and if think Turner 'is a gem' then you are clearly one of them.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turner had 1 tackle for the night - this from the guy who can provide zero offensive threat also provides next to zero defensive tackling.

There's people who know fu** all about football on this site and if think Turner 'is a gem' then you are clearly one of them.
Yep Turner is providing nothing to the team, I'd have him out the door along with Tyson, Hall, Atley & Garner.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Where are those that praised Tyson in preseason? Tyson can fu** right off.
He's probably not doing much different to what he did in the pre season. Once the real stuff has started, the games have gone up 10 notches and he hasn't been able to go with it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh that's easy. We didn't give Shaw enough support, he won't answer the phone if it's Glenn, Brady or bang bang Boomer. We paid a Kings ransom for an under performing Polec and never landed a big fish. Our sponsorship from Spirit of Tasmania is a certain sign we are relocating, especially after Ben Amarfio buys a holiday house in Hobart. James Brayshaw failed to produce the white knights and how on earth were we allowed to have an elephant run the wing at Arden St! A total disgrace that K.Greig won a second Brownlow when it soooooo should have gone to K.Bartlett and, if we relocated to the Gold Coast, then we would be flying. Simples.
I disagree. The elephant was a genius move. It is iconic and enduring.

Everyfooty show runs the footage a few times a year and they have all “Discovered” the identity of the little girl at least 3 or 4 times each.

I agree with the rest though.

Intothewind

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Record crowd?

There will be lucky to be 25k there Friday - and the majority of that will be Dog's supporters - that is why Armafio sent out an email this week to 'encourage' us to show up.

Neutral's and fair weather supporters aren't going to put in the effort to attend when they can see the North players are just going through the motions, not giving a rat's whether they lose by 10 goals or 5 goals, happy to blurt out the 'we are rebuilding...results don't matter to us' line.

People want to watch a competitive match - not a VFL side v an AFL side - which is what this will be.

Yep fair enough I sort of feell the same way but I will still go and take my family because its the best thing I can actually do for the club right now, not because some executive sends out an email which I wouldnt read anyway.

sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I disagree. The elephant was a genius move. It is iconic and enduring.

Everyfooty show runs the footage a few times a year and they have all “Discovered” the identity of the little girl at least 3 or 4 times each.

I agree with the rest though.

At least back then we all acknowledged the elephant in the room.

I don’t post much but this has sent me over the edge. We get rid of Brown,the best tall forward in the land is there to be picked and we take a midfielder. We are supposed to be rebuilding you rebuild around big forwards. Seriously we are stuffed as we haven’t got a recruiting staff who have any idea of what they’re doing.
How did Browny go on the weekend?

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Bonar - McKay - Corr
HB: Polec - ? - McDonald
C: ? - Anderson - Powell
HF: Taylor - ? - Thomas
F: Simpkin - ? - Stephenson
R: ? - LDU - Horne
I/C: Lazarro Phillips Larkey Scott

Maybe: Xerri, Perez, Zurhaar, Comben, Ford, Young, Spicer, Mahony, Kanye, Atu, PWalker.

Coming: Joffre Archer? (2021) Picketts galore (assorted) CoopHarvey(2022) and CCarey (~2035).

This is the reality of where are at and even that is being overly optimistic and generous.

Still think we are in good shape all things considered and after 2 rounds have added Powell, Lazarro, Bonar and Corr who will be part of mix. After adding McKay and Perez in 2020.

Extrapolating this out, we are still 2-3 drafts + savvy FA recruiting away from our sustained run at #5. And I will say this progress is impressive as hard as it may be to ensure right now.

18/30 is a brilliant start and is miles ahead of Ya Carltons, Melbourne’s etc - absolutely miles. And miles ahead of the 2009/2010/2011 shallackings of being 100 points down at half time with NO injuries.

Had we had Cunnington, McDonald, Tarrant, Dumont, Perez and Comben last night, we would have probably been much closer during the 3rd when we had our momentum and our front runners would gotten on the end of a few and made it interesting. Melbourne and Carlton and s**t Kilda would have dreamed of being that scenario with all their picks and billions in salary cap still in tact!!!!!

That we are playing attacking football and exposing the frauds is precisely what these next few years are about. No more coddling... exposed. Good enough or not.

We are really only 19 year olds Carey, Archer 👍 , McKernan, King, Schwass, Abraham, Grant, Rosco Glenndinning and Byron 👍 👍 👍 away from contending.

I'm turning up on Good Friday, if for nothing else than to see Cunners back in action. Has been too long since we've seen him at 100%

If people thought we we're s**t last night the absolute best course of action is to rock up and see us be s**t again against the dogs.

It is the very definition of sticking fat..

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cons:

Tyson is not taking his opportunity. You can forgive his first game back but his efforts in his second game were not good enough. Dropped for Cunners

Larkey is not working his opponent hard enough and not working hard enough to create space although on this point our forwards are not working as a unit so not much space to deal with to be fair but he's not helping by not working.

Atley is playing well, badly at present. What I mean is that he's getting in the right positions and is trying to get the ball into the corridor but gees Louise he has had a lot of howlers attempting to do so. I'd swap him and Zurhaar around next week.

Simpkin get back to basics. Loved his effort but trying too hard. Relax son and play your natural game.

Pros

Aiden Bonar looked like a quality footballer. His pace and aggression last week was met with some quality skills and disposal this week. Some midfield minutes might be coming with his pace and size.

Jed you're a beauty. Missed the last part of the preseason and comes in and has 27 possessions and 14 ******* tackles. How is this bloke not in the leadership group? :think: Threw his body around as usual and gave it his all.

Nobes for throwing the players around during the game to come up with something and not be rigid in his approach. He might have found something with Zurhaar across half back

Finally our young blokes, who I thought showed something amongst the dross most senior players dished up. While Mahoney cops a lot of s**t on here, his endeavour and energy was really good and it will click with him. Powell, Lazzaro, Scott, Young, Bonar, McKay and Thomas all showed something and had a crack. Not their fault.

I can live with Scotts up to the end of 2015.

But when the cliff appeared mid way through 2016 and we went looking for...

Kelly

Dusty

Gaff

..as one player panaceas to flaws all over the List, I now have to think thanks very much for the mess we are in by being so narrow minded.

Chris Scotts is doing the same thing atm.

Can you believe wat Dusty would be thinking about his decision?

Its all hypothetical bullshit but ... if we'd had Martin and Kelly in 2018 when we won 12 games and just missed the finals then that year and what followed may have been very different. Its not one player, its two and it compliments JZ, Cunnington and Higgins while providing Brown with much better delivery. Kelly is good, not the saviour we thought but still an improvement to our side and since that game Martin has shown himself to be a real match winner and the best player of this decade. Maybe this century. He has the ability to win the ball from a contest and create a goal out of nothing either from the midfield or the forward line. GAJ is a gun but he wasn't able to do that at the GC.

Its easy to blame Scott for what he did then but the reality was our top end recruiting was shithouse for a while. All the players we still have over that time are the ones who can/could play. The AFL's expansion probably had a bit to do with that but its also on Scott and the footy dept.

If we'd got Martin and Kelly, and by all accounts it was a close run thing, it would been a recruiting coup with similar potential to the 70's one. (But Brad Scott is no Barassi.)

That's because gems have other qualities which are more appealing
As koshari mentioned, Turner was responsible for most of our scoring last night, including when he beat three players in the forward line to set up our first goal. If people question why he is in the leadership group maybe ask yourselves why the only players who made stuff happen for us last night were the ones who showed some real fight.

Get better players with that sort of commitment and fine, he's out of the side, but its no good being silky as * if you don't have the heart to get the ball.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If supporters dont turn up, they only have themselves to blame. Get in there and support the kids, not really about footy on that day.

Remember that year when we had a really poor crowd turn up to Docklands in the last game and we ended up losing a s**t ton of money because we fell below the aggregate crowd figure by less than a thousand or some such? And then people on here whinged that the club didn't tell them they had to turn up?

Transpose that to this year when Ben Amarfio tells us to turn up. People on here whinging about being told to turn up when the team is struggling. If we lose the Good Friday fixture due to crowd numbers, the people who don't turn up this week will find another reason why it's the club's fault and not their own. Bookmark it.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's because gems have other qualities which are more appealing

Yes 50% of the time they lead to forfeiture of at least 50% of your net worth.

Turner had 2 goal assists last night but only 1 tackle. 1. This defensive behemoth that we could live without.

He has a crack, but his hurt factor both with and without ball is just not there.

Back