GC Suns W/L Record against all teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear King Cold,

I've noticed your signature includes 7 VFA and 6 VFL premierships.

Southport Sharks won 8 GCAFL Premierships and 13 QAFL flags, yet I wouldn't be comfortable including those in any tally when compared with actual AFL premierships.

You lose massive credibility by including those early premierships, which weren't even acknowledged at the time and it is frankly embarrassing that you would equate a 19th Century suburban football fixture lacking any proper structure or finals system as equal to today's AFL.

It is generally accepted that the VFL proper began in 1897 and the AFL began in 1990. 6 Premierships in a 12 team comp for 100 years is a really poor record that you really should reconsider bragging about. It's just not that impressive having a 6% record!

You should be proud of the 3 modern era AFL flags your club has achieved, including the one achieved in the Suns first competitive year. Let's not mention all those losing Grand Finals. You sure don't!

Perhaps you have some Reserve Grade flags to celebrate?
I have no problem with King Cold counting those early Premierships. The VFA was probably the best competition at the time, but even if it wasn't, who cares? His post about Gold Coast's W/L record was respectful & informative.

As it stands at the end of the 2018 season.

North Melbourne - 5-6 = 45% (+1%)
Carlton - 4-6 = 40% (+2.5%)
Brisbane Lions - 6-10 = 37.5% (+1.5%)
Richmond - 3-5 = 37.5% (-5.5%)
GWS Giants - 4-7 = 36% (-4%)
St Kilda - 4-7 = 36% (-4%)

Melbourne - 3-9 = 25% (-5%)
Collingwood - 2-6 = 25% (-3.5%)
Fremantle - 2-7 = 22% (-3%)
Essendon - 2-7 = 22% (-3%)
Geelong - 2-8 = 20% (-5%)
Western Bulldogs - 2-8 = 20% (-2%)
Hawthorn - 2-9 = 18% (-2%)

West Coast - 1-1-8 = 15% (-2%)
Sydney - 1-8 = 11% (+11%)
Port Adelaide - 1-9 = 10% (-1%)

Adelaide - 0-11 = 0%

- 2018 was another poor year for the Suns which sees more red than green :thumbsdown:

- Maiden win against Sydney came this year :D

- A lot less percentage changes this year, to be expected now it's been 8 seasons :thumbsu:

- No overall positive W/L ratio against any team :(

- The Power pact against the Suns continues, that loss in 2011 still burns them :p
I’ve enjoyed these posts over the years, keep up the good work. They are appreciated by many.

Dear King Cold,

I've noticed your signature includes 7 VFA and 6 VFL premierships.

Southport Sharks won 8 GCAFL Premierships and 13 QAFL flags, yet I wouldn't be comfortable including those in any tally when compared with actual AFL premierships.

You lose massive credibility by including those early premierships, which weren't even acknowledged at the time and it is frankly embarrassing that you would equate a 19th Century suburban football fixture lacking any proper structure or finals system as equal to today's AFL.

It is generally accepted that the VFL proper began in 1897 and the AFL began in 1990. 6 Premierships in a 12 team comp for 100 years is a really poor record that you really should reconsider bragging about. It's just not that impressive having a 6% record!

You should be proud of the 3 modern era AFL flags your club has achieved, including the one achieved in the Suns first competitive year. Let's not mention all those losing Grand Finals. You sure don't!

Perhaps you have some Reserve Grade flags to celebrate?

That was cold! Unprovoked too. Keep it clean or the points keep coming :devil:

Can we please beat the Crows at some point soon? Before 2025?

At least we ticked off the Swans this year.
Just for one day we were a Black Swan.
Would love another day like that against the flamin' Crows.

That was cold! Unprovoked too. Keep it clean or the points keep coming :devil:
It was worth it!

You guys have been participating in this thread for a long time. I just discovered it. My response is part of a wider and ongoing debate about counting VFA and VFL premierships as AFL premierships. Pointing this out to King Cold is no different to their annual assessment of the Suns ongoing head to head record. There is just a different set of rules when it comes to my posts.

It was worth it!

You guys have been participating in this thread for a long time. I just discovered it. My response is part of a wider and ongoing debate about counting VFA and VFL premierships as AFL premierships. Pointing this out to King Cold is no different to their annual assessment of the Suns ongoing head to head record. There is just a different set of rules when it comes to my posts.

Don't question or make up stuff saying there is a different set of rules for your posts. Myself, exile and Big Red Machine have been VERY flexible in tolerating your aggressive style of posting, hoping that you would turn it around to harness that effort into positive areas like others have. Obviously you just don't get it and never will. I have bent the rules when I shouldn't have, trying to keep your well informed posts here, I have stood up for you when at times I have known you are wrong. Now you want to throw that crap out there. Enjoy your break. I hope you come back, I really do. But this time come back wiser.

Hopefully you guys can roll Adelaide this year.

Will be good to have beaten every other team at least once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back