Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they matter Sunny, but people will always get involved in the cross-code rivalry
I support the Titans...but I've never been to a match
I would like to think we can have two strong National teams.
Unfortunately people see the crowd figures as a competition

For some reason the Titans' crowd hasn't been posted even though this is a crowd comparison thread. For the record, they got 14,344 to the Suns' 12,790.

Are we only going to be posting here if the Suns get a higher crowd and ignoring any lower ones?

When 10,000 tickets are given away, the crowd comparison becomes irrelevant. Take away the 10,000 freebies, and less than 5000 showed up, those are GCU numbers.

Even if there were a lot of free tickets, was a top effort by Titans supporters to get out and show suppport for their team. I have no issue with free tickets, because people still need to make an effort to get out and attend the match.

I think the people of the Gold Coast have also voted with their feet when it comes to Saturday twilight games, with two crowds of 11,000 for the Titans and one crowd of 12,000 for the Suns.

Suns have a few more during the year too, so something to keep an eye on.

Just took a look on ticketmaster for the Essendon game in just under two weeks and found this....

UlJFO.png

http://i.imgur.com/UlJFO.png

Looks like it's going to be a sellout!

Even if there were a lot of free tickets, was a top effort by Titans supporters to get out and show suppport for their team. I have no issue with free tickets, because people still need to make an effort to get out and attend the match.

I think the people of the Gold Coast have also voted with their feet when it comes to Saturday twilight games, with two crowds of 11,000 for the Titans and one crowd of 12,000 for the Suns.

Suns have a few more during the year too, so something to keep an eye on.

I found it interesting the club pushed for this time-slot. Gold Coasters historically tend to go out later at night. Many would still be at work or the beach when these twilight games start. I can see the advantage for those with young kids, but other than that, I thought the Saturday night game time-slot was always the way to go / most popular for drawing the biggest crowds.

Just 11,478 at the Titans game today. The Suns-Bombers game next week is going to well and truly show everyone what is what when they see the crowd figure. With the confirmation that Gold Coast United (Soccer) no longer existing it is foot on the neck time for the AFL on the Gold Coast. It all starts with on field success....

Metricon next week will be over 20k. Dustin Fletcher's 350th also may bring a few southern fans up.

Titans seem to linger around that low 5 figure mark. In deep financial trouble appealing for a reduction in rent. LOL Suns dont pay a cent in rent and actually profit from food/beverage etc through management rights.

Metricon next week will be over 20k. Dustin Fletcher's 350th also may bring a few southern fans up.

Titans seem to linger around that low 5 figure mark. In deep financial trouble appealing for a reduction in rent. LOL Suns dont pay a cent in rent and actually profit from food/beverage etc through management rights.

I doubt Dustin will play on the weekend. They will rest the old man against us and give him a huge party in Melbourne at the MCG Rd 4

Thats what I reckon anyway!

Hird said on a channel 10 program last night he will likely play due to injuries to other key defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A crowd of 17,069 tonight at the Essendon game. Lots of red and black in the crowd and a lot of appreciation every time Fletcher touched the ball. I guess the crowd number was decent but I would have liked to have seen a few more people there. I guess we'll have to wait until Geelong and/or Brisbane for a huge crowd.

More of the NRL draw has been released. The NRL will not go head to head on the weekend of the Suns v Kangaroos game but instead will play the following day. Just looking over the provisional schedule it looks like the only other time the Suns and Titans will go head to head on the same day will be when the Titans play the Broncos and the Suns play the Lions.

So they have gone from four head to head games last year to just two this year. It should actually be just one seeing as the Suns v Lions game was originally intended to be held at the Gabba. Updated list of games

This weekend should be interesting with the Titans and Suns going head to head for the first time since last year. Although I don't expect a big crowd to the Fremantle game I still expect the Suns to win this battle of crowds.

I think NRL may finally edge the Suns in the crowd figures tonight.

Suns struggling some what and Freo probably 1 of the few teams with next to no fan base in the SE QLD area.

A crowd of 11,670 tonight for the Freo game. The Titans pulled 14,254. Not really that surprising considering there would be basically no Freo fans on the Gold Coast or Brisbane for that matter. I'm expecting a similar crowd for the Port Adelaide match in three weeks unless the Gold Coast can string together two consecutive wins against GWS and the Bulldogs.

The tally in terms of head to head games is now officially 4-1 to the Suns. They'll probably only go to head to head one more time this year.

Updated list of games

Yeah not surprised by that. I'm still not convinced though that this twilight games slot is best for the Suns. I reckon we would pull more for night games starting around 7pm to 7:40pm.

More of the NRL draw has been released. The NRL will not go head to head on the weekend of the Suns v Kangaroos game but instead will play the following day. Just looking over the provisional schedule it looks like the only other time the Suns and Titans will go head to head on the same day will be when the Titans play the Broncos and the Suns play the Lions.

So they have gone from four head to head games last year to just two this year. It should actually be just one seeing as the Suns v Lions game was originally intended to be held at the Gabba. Updated list of games

You do realise Channel 9 and Fox determine when the games are played, not the NRL. They just do the draw at the start of the year then the 9 and Fox choose the games and which timeslots they are showing them in.

Last week the game against Port pulled 12,416. Not bad considering there is next to no Port Adelaide supporters in south east Queensland (ala the Freo game). The Titans play the Cowboys tomorrow night which should pull a decent crowd, I would guess around 15k. The Gold Coast's next home game against St Kilda should have a a similar crowd to the Cowboys given it is a Melbourne based club doing reasonably well this year. Also the Titans-Broncos game will be played on the Friday night as opposed to the Suns-Lions game which will be played on the Saturday night, effectively making the Suns and Titans only going head to head once this year.

It is good for everyone on the Gold Coast that they are not clashing as much this year.

Just 12,092 at the Titans game last night against the Cowboys. Surprising given it was a fellow Queensland team and also the Titans had won two in a row coming into the game. I guess the weather last night could have been a factor but I am quite surprised that it was that low. If Port Adelaide can attract a bigger crowd than the Cowboys then the Suns next home game against St Kilda will surely pull an even bigger crowd.

Updated list of games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back