Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

whats the most wins the titans have had? are they exceeding expectations?

The Vic has already taken care of answering that.
This year all I hoped for with both the Suns and Titans was to avoid the wooden spoon.
That’s all I Sincerely hoped for. Then after that I was then hoping that in 2021 both teams could become maybe fringe top 8 contenders.
So as far as I’m concerned I’m very pleased with both our clubs.
Next year with some smart recruiting in the off season and good coaching I’ll be looking for both the Suns and Titans to realistically aim for a finish mid table and hopefully sneak into the 8.

Go the furking Gold Coast-Tweed Suns/Titans!!!

I must say I'm surprised the Titans are getting smashed by the NZ Warriors right now. They were hyped up quite a bit in the off season due to their recent acquisitions and most people wouldn't have expected this kind of performance against the Warriors.

I must say I'm surprised the Titans are getting smashed by the NZ Warriors right now. They were hyped up quite a bit in the off season due to their recent acquisitions and most people wouldn't have expected this kind of performance against the Warriors.
Possibly the Warriors are the most unpredictable team in the NRL for spells at times in games they are unplayable. Other times they are terrible and make mistakes that would embarrass a schoolboy player

Possibly the Warriors are the most unpredictable team in the NRL for spells at times in games they are unplayable. Other times they are terrible and make mistakes that would embarrass a schoolboy player
The thing that surprised me the most was that it took 74 minutes for the Titans to score. I doubt even the most conservative fan would have predicted that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just such a spot-on analysis of the Warriors.

One of the most Jeckyl/Hyde teams I've seen in sports.

Ha ha ha ha ha
God I hate the Drongoes
Go the mighty Gold Coast Titans!!!
Woo Hoo
Scotch baby
Much better from the Titans tonight. Pretty decent crowd of 17,822 in attendance at Robina as well.

Now the challenge is to continue that winning form when they head north to Townsville next week.

Much better from the Titans tonight. Pretty decent crowd of 17,822 in attendance at Robina as well.

Now the challenge is to continue that winning form when they head north to Townsville next week.
Wow
Haven’t watched a league games for years but I’m quite surprised the Titans pulled that crowd.
Thought they were usually a 10k kinda crowd. Is this out of the norm?
Or is it just because st George are a ‘big’ team

Wow
Haven’t watched a league games for years but I’m quite surprised the Titans pulled that crowd.
Thought they were usually a 10k kinda crowd. Is this out of the norm?
Or is it just because st George are a ‘big’ team
You would have been correct prior to this year. Things started to turn for the Titans late last season when they recorded 6 wins in their last 8 games. They also pulled off some nice signings in David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui. There is generally a good feeling within league circles that the Titans are going have a strong season and will likely play finals.

It's a little difficult to know if their crowd against the Broncos last night was impressive or just par for course. Here are the last five unrestricted crowd figures in the Titans v Broncos clashes at Robina:

2021 - 17,822
2019 - 16,201
2018 - 18,005
2017 - 21,716
2016 - 21,080

Certainly not the largest crowd they've ever pulled for this fixture but the COVID situation may still be playing a part in that. I will say that I heard on the coverage last night that a large percentage of the crowd were Titans fans and apparently that's uncommon when these two teams play at Robina. So even though the crowd figure wasn't that high, they may be appealing to more people within the Gold Coast market when compared to previous years. We should get a better understanding in their next home game against Canberra. There are hardly any Raiders fans on the Gold Coast and it's the type of fixture that would probably pull 11-13k in years gone by so if they pull 17k+ again then you'd have to say it's a good indication that the Gold Coast market is more engaged with them when compared to previous years.

What a smashing by the Titans. Scotch two nights in a row. The all too rare double.
Gold Coast-Tweed is the centre of the sporting universe.

Highest ever score in Titans club history and also ends a run of 8 years in a row losing at Townsville! Awesome game by the mighty titans!

Titans/Suns seem the same to me now
Too many injuries
Good efforts
Nowhere near good enough to be relevant
What a deflating weekend

Last weeks results were fools gold
Bit harsh on our lads. We brought it right up to the Crows for 95% of the game in a hostile environment and only lost it in the last 5 minutes after snatching the lead in the 4th quarter. The Titans were never ahead today and essentially got belted in the second half in front of a small crowd at a neutral venue. I'm not sure the two results are really comparable.

Let's see how our guys go against Carlton at home before we start calling them irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back