Game Day GC v Freo 27th June Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to f##k off:
  • Brayshaw: He just doesn’t have what it takes. No speed, poor disposal, very mechanical, poor vision, poor decision maker, no x-factor, poor endurance, not a big bustling body. I don’t see one single feature that appeals to AFL Level.
  • Colyer: Delist.
  • Hughes: Average all round and slow decision maker.
  • Sean Darcy: Acknowledging his body is still maturing, he still has his double chin and sloppy rig. Three years in an AFL environment, on going soft tissue issues, can’t play more than one game before being cooked. He needs more discipline around his conditioning.
  • Strength and conditioning team.

Ross is gone. You're going to have to move on.
I already have.

But how many people here are enjoying the fact we are staring down the barrel at 0-5?
I have similar concerns to you but you are repeating yourself alot.

Of course not winning a game this year is a possibility, particularly in a COVID year.

I think we will etch a few wins but I don't think they'll come in Brisbane.
you infamously said, you are happy to lose every game narrowly to get pick 1.

I doubt pick 1 is going to instantly turn this club around.

As I said, we will lose to the crows next week, then the demons then the derby.

Not great and I think that the re-stump rubbish in the first couple of years didn't help. In my opinion part of the reason we got rid of Lyon is the club felt we further away than Ross was prepared to admit and that was was reason we got rid. On the positive side I like the young midfield group we have and think when on the park the spine is good.

The mid group isn't young.
Lobbe, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Tucker, Conca.arent young and Brayshaw and Cerra are into their 3rd year.
Gold coast had a younger side.

If the game plan worked well we wouldn't be 0/4
Explain the game plan please.

I don’t get it. Preseason we seemed to be coming through the middle with short kicks. Now we just seem to be kicking down the boundary line.

Even when we desperately needed to take risks late we persisted with long down the line.

Lobbe, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Tucker, Conca.arent young and Brayshaw and Cerra are into their 3rd year.
Sure but I said I liked the young midfield group. As in from a mix a Serong, Darcy, Cerra, Brayshaw, Valente (not seen him play AFL yet but), Tucker etc I think there is enough to work with to build a really good midfield. Won't happen straight away but I feel better about who's coming through than a couple of years ago.

Same. How do you think we’re going in year 5 of the rebuild?
Trending up. I think if we didn’t have the injury list we have, we’d easy be 3-1 as well.

You have a very, very shallow perception of things.

They also had a decent ruck, not a forward who hates rucking for obvious reasons.

I already have.

But how many people here are enjoying the fact we are staring down the barrel at 0-5?
you infamously said, you are happy to lose every game narrowly to get pick 1.

I doubt pick 1 is going to instantly turn this club around.

As I said, we will lose to the crows next week, then the demons then the derby.

I said that? When?

Trending up. I think if we didn’t have the injury list we have, we’d easy be 3-1 as well.

You have a very, very shallow perception of things.
But we do have the injury list we have. And we’ve had the same problems for a long, long time. Perhaps it’s you that has the shallow perception of things? You see your beloved purple boys on the field and think gee whiz if we could keep a few more goals we’d be winning? 0-4 is trending up. Righto.

But we do have the injury list we have. And we’ve had the same problems for a long, long time. Perhaps it’s you that has the shallow perception of things? You see your beloved purple boys on the field and think gee whiz if we could keep a few more goals we’d be winning? 0-4 is trending up. Righto.
Just proved my point entirely. Jog on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are really looking through rose coloured glasses if you think our performances so far this season have been positive. We are so far off the pace and tonight was further evidence of that. We had the unfortunate situation of getting two top five picks in a garbage draft during our rebuild and it shows, compounded by horrendous drafting, horrendous player development and horrendous trading and recruiting. We are in year zero of another rebuild and if you think otherwise you’re deluding yourself.

I'm still enjoying the games this year more than most of last year, a lot of tonight was entertaining and there are positives. I still think Logue is coming on, Young obviously, Hogan looking better, Tabs was good and can play a role with enough support around him etc

We have way too many that are not good enough and most are old enough that they are never likely to be but I'm happy to give Longmuir a little longer before calling for his head especially with how weird a year its been. But what will really help me endure is to see some of those players that aren't good enough getting dropped and someone else given a chance.

Just proved my point entirely. Jog on.
Maybe you aren’t making yourself clear? Your argument is that we’re trending up, you think staying in hotels for more than three days and our injury list is to blame for our 0-4 start? Have I missed anything? And you think my view is the simplistic one? JFC. I won’t be jogging anywhere chief.

I'm still enjoying the games this year more than most of last year, a lot of tonight was entertaining and there are positives. I still think Logue is coming on, Young obviously, Hogan looking better, Tabs was good and can play a role with enough support around him etc

We have way too many that are not good enough and most are old enough that they are never likely to be but I'm happy to give Longmuir a little longer before calling for his head especially with how weird a year its been. But what will really help me endure is to see some of those players that aren't good enough getting dropped and someone else given a chance.
Agree, none of this is JLo’s fault, it’s list management. Too many not up to it. But I’ve definitely enjoyed Young and tonight, Serong as well.

Maybe you aren’t making yourself clear? Your argument is that we’re trending up, you think staying in hotels for more than three days and our injury list is to blame for our 0-4 start? Have I missed anything? And you think my view is the simplistic one? JFC. I won’t be jogging anywhere chief.

Maybe you should start, seems all that sedentary business has atrophied the grey matter. You are literally just yelling at clouds.

We got beaten around the stoppages, clear & simple. Halve those we win the game. Is it Anthony Rock the stoppage coach? If so, seriously move him on & get a technical coach in. Rock has no idea, basic structures, particularly defensively have been ignored.

Serong was responsible for 2-3 howlers at various stoppages, but keep him there to learn & adjust & Walters needs to stop collapsing around the contest which leaves us one short.

They got their hands on it first & defensively we were slow to react. Far too aggressive with our stoppage set up when we knew we were going to lose the hit outs & never adjusted during the game.

Ethan Hughes intensity was outstanding & Jesse looked more like it. Young constantly went back with the flight of the ball & we need to do everything we can to keep him long term.

Griffin Logue is going to be a jet as third man up for years to come & would make a great wingmen. Forwards looked dangerous at times, but getting smashed at stoppages meant slow inside 50’s & big packs.

Again Matera, Shultz & Colyer should not be in the same team. Conca needs a different role, he’s not Heath Shaw Jlo, Shill can play that role.

Enjoyed the passion tonight & the tactic to make Rowley earn every possession, backfired a bit because he’s a freak, but great idea to try.

Trending up no doubt.

Maybe you should start, seems all that sedentary business has atrophied the grey matter. You are literally just yelling at clouds.
What on earth are you talking about? You quoted me twice so I’m responding to you. You know... for the lols. You’re clearly just hanging out to shake your pom-poms in the cheer squad while making continual excuses for our failures so good luck to you.

What on earth are you talking about? You quoted me twice so I’m responding to you. You know... for the lols. You’re clearly just hanging out to shake your pom-poms in the cheer squad while making continual excuses for our failures so good luck to you.
OK, why are we losing then champ?

Calling for his head....... :D :D:Do_O:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back