Review GC v GWS. It's finally over. - Rd 23

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Last game for the year. Only four more quarters to get through.

I would go:

Out: GHS, Dawson, Murdoch
In: Rankine, Martin, Joyce

Dew seemed pretty excited having watched Rankine play in the 2s live on the day. Said the discussion would come up to see if he's done enough fitness wise to get through.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last game for the year. Only four more quarters to get through.

I would go:

Out: GHS, Dawson, Murdoch
In: Rankine, Martin, Joyce

Dew seemed pretty excited having watched Rankine play in the 2s live on the day. Said the discussion would come up to see if he's done enough fitness wise to get through.
Agree, GHS out - not sure why he played today. Joyce replacing Dawson sounds also good. Murdoch was ok first half then disappeared. I would not play Martin if they know his decision (I assume they do).

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
This will be a Beautiful Famous Victory to get our spirits right up again over the Beautiful GC Summer.
Love this positivity mr bods..
Why not? Why can’t we? We’ve copped our fair share of spankings, but we could have also won 3-4 more games that we let slip. All isn’t as bad as it seems.
But picturing a win against all odds... King, Graham, Rankine in the middle all getting the gatorade shower.. king and luko see the light at the end of the tunnel and re-sign in the week following the game.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Hoping we can finish on a positive note.

Think there has been plenty of positives this year.

These guys have clearly had their best years of their careers
- Fiorini, Ainsworth, Ballard, Macpherson, Bowes, Sexton, Brodie, Powell, Weller, Witts

Swallow played a whole year without major injury

Young guys King, Lukosius, Graham, + maybe Rankine made their debuts and each showed something.

We got in Collins, Burgess, Corbett who each showed some ability to be AFL or at least good depth players.

Think it is quite clear who the bottom 5-6 or so are - hopefully we can replace them with some good talent for next year.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rankine has to play unless he's seriously unfit (and 9 tackles and a goal suggest he's fit). The excitement it would give the Gold Coast fans alone is worth it, you've had little excitement in three years and deserve something to cheer about.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not a fan, but if they going to get delisted at least give them a farewell game.
Nutting - Dawson.
Corey Ellis - Ghs
Leslie - Graham
Young - Murdoch

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hope Rankine gets the nod. Would love to go to the game and be excited by something.

Would like to see Weller play a game primarily in the midfield, and move him off half back.. just for something different. Play Lemmens off Half Back, Or bring Joyce in to play his role. I know both arent great options but I just want to see something a bit diffferent.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Young is too good for Neafl and not good enough for AFL.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spoke to Rankine tonight. He wants to play. Sounds like Dewy is tempted based off his presser.

Lid in serious danger of coming off for our final game.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
Aside from the fact it would be great for Rankine to get a game it would also be a rare marketing success by the club! Supporters who are cooked and only waiting for 2020 will come out of the woodwork to see their future and at this stage, loyal, star player. I'll be there to see him for sure and so would a lot of others. Last game and would be good to go out with a win against a struggling Giants - we can live in hope.

Back