Review GC v GWS. It's finally over. - Rd 23

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
This is nonsense.
It really isn’t, he isn’t a goal kicker or a clean ball user. He isn’t anything more then a small inside mid who can have 25 touches and not influence the game. He gets nice looking stats due to us having SFA else in the midfield

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Sensing you're a bit jaded Iva

Time for a long holiday old mate, We all could use one.
I think many long time supporters would be jaded. I need something to say we are on the right track and I just can’t see it

Little if any game plan improvement
Little player development, no one is blossoming
No wins in 16 weeks, 16 ******* weeks
Smashed in the last quarter of the year
Young guns unsigned and little incentive to stay
And I live in ******* Sydney away from the beautiful coast

Edit: oh and watching Handley supposedly a senior player miss tackles and targets but still cashing massive cheque’s is just heartbreaking. He needs to be shown the door

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It really isn’t, he isn’t a goal kicker or a clean ball user. He isn’t anything more then a small inside mid who can have 25 touches and not influence the game. He gets nice looking stats due to us having SFA else in the midfield

Depends on what role you’re given? Is he a midfielder is he a forward is he a tagger? His role seems to consistently change..
is Weller a winger backman midfielder or forward
Is burgess a back ruck or forward
Dew seems to try to change too much

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Actually thoroughly enjoyed that game until the avalanche in the 3rd quarter.

Stick fat with these kids and you’ll get your reward! Was a fan of south Fremantle for 20 odd years of getting flogged, and the day they won the WAFL flag was genuinely one of the best days of my life.

Thanks for everyone that’s been on here this season - can’t wait to have a scotch with you all when this turns around.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Depends on what role you’re given? Is he a midfielder is he a forward is he a tagger? His role seems to consistently change..
is Weller a winger backman midfielder or forward
Is burgess a back ruck or forward
Dew seems to try to change too much
What do you expect? We cant put out a consistent squad due to injuries and form so players are going to be moved around. We are also getting smashed so whats wrong with trying something different? If Dew didnt try something different youd string him out for that

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What do you expect? We cant put out a consistent squad due to injuries and form so players are going to be moved around. We are also getting smashed so whats wrong with trying something different? If Dew didnt try something different youd string him out for that

Within 10 points isn’t getting smashed why make so many changes?

Game plan has changed dramatically since mid season also..
I still stick to my word that dew will be like Bolton and do all the heavy lifting and someone else will come in and take the praise for it

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
More a-grade reductionism and bullshit. Your choosing to ignore the fact that he's been voted BOG multiple times, recognised by the coaches and players for his leadership and professionalism and from most reports has been amoungst the hardest working suns since he arrived at the place.
Has he had a great season? Nah. But saying he been nothing more than an average small footballer that will never have an impact or improve and doesnt contribute more than a few hack kicks and tackles IS absolute garbage.

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
All i can say thank f*** the season is over! All those losses in a row really takes all the fun out of watching football. The Suns need to ensure they're on the right track this off season but in saying that surely it couldn't get worse, we have truly hit rock bottom and as said in previous posts its hard to see any positives or where the improvement is going to come from.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Within 10 points isn’t getting smashed why make so many changes?

Game plan has changed dramatically since mid season also..
I still stick to my word that dew will be like Bolton and do all the heavy lifting and someone else will come in and take the praise for it
I’d add to this that Dew will likely get an extension so we are looking at a few more years of pain until the transition to a new coach and then hopefully some success.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’d add to this that Dew will likely get an extension so we are looking at a few more years of pain until the transition to a new coach and then hopefully some success.

That’s how beverage got his premiership.. eade sacked McCartney comes in turns the list over does the heavy lifting rubs a few up the wrong way gets sacked bring in the “massiah” beverage makes a couple of tweaks wins a premiership then drop off the cliff

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Finally it’s all over what a terrible year all round.
Club took about 10 steps back this year and sadly don’t see much light at the end of the tunnel.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
When is it time to talk about the fact that Touk isnt anything more then a C grade footballer? Great guy and loves the club, but is a small, not overly quick mid, who doesnt rack up big numbers and doesnt use the ball well. Great tackler and pressure player but thats about it

Been said plenty of times on here

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I think many long time supporters would be jaded. I need something to say we are on the right track and I just can’t see it

Little if any game plan improvement
Little player development, no one is blossoming
No wins in 16 weeks, 16 ******* weeks
Smashed in the last quarter of the year
Young guns unsigned and little incentive to stay
And I live in ******* Sydney away from the beautiful coast

Edit: oh and watching Handley supposedly a senior player miss tackles and targets but still cashing massive cheque’s is just heartbreaking. He needs to be shown the door

No player improvement. You’re just being pig headed now.

Witts, Bowes, Ainsworth, Ballard, Powell, sexton, Brodie, Weller, macpherson, fiorini

All Cleary had their best years to date.

None close to a graders (except witts maybe) but another year playing together without injury for a few of them and we’ll see how we go.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We had 3 more wins than I expected this year and went close many times. No 100 point losses. Good job Coach Dew and the staff.
Now we get massive concessions to deal with the inequities of the GWS set up and we launch next year into getting up the ladder with committed men of character fighting away.
Good job.
We will rise.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
fu** the footy boys, get the Ashes on!
Corkie has a point.

Ashes is on, FIBA World Cup starts next week, European Soccer's just started, College Football starts today (Shoutout SUNS and his Gators), NFL kicks off in two weeks, Baseballs still got a month left before playoffs (Unless you happen to be an Orioles supporter 🤬)

It's a great time to be a sports fan in this internet connected world of ours. Get out there and watch some non footy sports you like or maybe pick up one you never gave a fair chance.

Come back to footy during trade week/draft time and I promise you'll be refreshed and ready to go on this crazy roller-coaster ride again.

Who's with me!?

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
When is it time to talk about the fact that Touk isnt anything more then a C grade footballer? Great guy and loves the club, but is a small, not overly quick mid, who doesnt rack up big numbers and doesnt use the ball well. Great tackler and pressure player but thats about it

I think he is a role player in a good team.

Suspect he will look most useful when we are playing well, when the role he can play has value. When we are playing poorly then suspect he does not have the talent to make a difference, and will probably look worse when he has to do more.

He would be very useful for GWS for example, alongside guns like Kelly, Taranto, and Whitfield.

So when we get better, will be very handy.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
No player improvement. You’re just being pig headed now.

Witts, Bowes, Ainsworth, Ballard, Powell, sexton, Brodie, Weller, macpherson, fiorini

All Cleary had their best years to date.

None close to a graders (except witts maybe) but another year playing together without injury for a few of them and we’ll see how we go.

Maybe I am, incremental improvement no doubt

I meant as in breakout years but maybe I’m just fed up and expect too much

Back