Review GC vs West Coast round 11 @Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

We did everything to lose that game, how can our skills be so poor 7 years in?

Handballs that miss targets or are at people feet, easy goals missed, is it fitness, care factor or coaching?
We're running way more than we used to, surely has to be that?

It was a good afternoon for a cheer squad member. Lots of doubt but the boys got over the line.

Wet Toast supporters couldn't believe we got up.

We lose and we are all going off our nuts for them throwing it away in the last quarter after having a winning lead at 3/4 time.
Rocket can himself very fortunate tonight.
It wasn't a great performance by us really.

Like everyone else, great to sing the song, very happy and will celebrate tonight.

Want to revise that statement mate?

First game I've been to in a long time and it'll be well worth my sleep deprived night at work! Cracking finish to send my good West Coast mate home heartbroken.

Thank **** we didn't have to play Kennedy though.
I put it out there, so can't take it back, although we did everything we could to throw the game. Though the final 2-3 minutes did everything right with the game on the line. Big Pete took two good marks. Kicked the important goal. But smartly used his whole allotted time. Lynch going back in the final minute was great too. Iced the clock well

We almost gave this one away just like so many others. Glad we won but it should have been by a lot more.

Simple mistakes have cost us a lot this year. Tighten that crap up and we have a shot at finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win today.. I thought Matera was terrific, laid a great shepherd to free Hall up, which led to Lynch's poster also was responsible for a few more pressure acts that caused turnovers..
There are certain players i get nervous about when the ball goes there way and there is a bit of heat on... increasingly I'm finding the opposite is true for Fish and also Harbrow.. They are making the right decision and executing efficiently more and more often..
Leslie was great today, Im thinking he is doing enough to keep Rory out ATM..May was just about BOG.. He is our most important player right now.. He is a terrific lock down defender, a great intercept mark, a great reliever of pressure, a great organiser and has terrific foot skills that rebound for us..
He is better than Rance, the way the Vico media crap on about Rance like he is the Messiah! He is not even the best key back in today's comp, let alone of all time..
Swallow was good today too along with Witts..my top 6 would be May, Lyons, Swallow, Ablett, Witts, Matera...
As for next week I would love to see AH Chee in for Lemmons... Fiorini for Brodie..

Good win today.. I thought Matera was terrific, laid a great shepherd to free Hall up, which led to Lynch's poster also was responsible for a few more pressure acts that caused turnovers..
There are certain players i get nervous about when the ball goes there way and there is a bit of heat on... increasingly I'm finding the opposite is true for Fish and also Harbrow.. They are making the right decision and executing efficiently more and more often..
Leslie was great today, Im thinking he is doing enough to keep Rory out ATM..May was just about BOG.. He is our most important player right now.. He is a terrific lock down defender, a great intercept mark, a great reliever of pressure, a great organiser and has terrific foot skills that rebound for us..
He is better than Rance, the way the Vico media crap on about Rance like he is the Messiah! He is not even the best key back in today's comp, let alone of all time..
Swallow was good today too along with Witts..my top 6 would be May, Lyons, Swallow, Ablett, Witts, Matera...
As for next week I would love to see AH Chee in for Lemmons... Fiorini for Brodie..
Ah Chee's been really exciting to watch this year. Hopefully back sooner rather than later

Last edited:
Just got home and am watching the replay now. 2 of our 4 wins I've missed now, yet Ive seen all the losses :mad:.

It seems like we didn't change too much for this one, and I think it reflects more on how bad the eagles are away from home then how good we were. The Eagles are just one of those teams that we match up well with at the moment especially with their outs. But none the less we will take any win we can get at the moment, and it is good to see the players not drop their heads when the opposition gets on a roll.

Kk has been everywhere in the first half and has even been defending well which is good to see. Ditto Leslie who I am thrilled to see is getting more comfortable with sustained action in the seniors. Great to see him grow from strength to strength over the past month or so. And Wittsy has gotta be one of the trades of the year so far, love that guy and what he brings.

Also, gee Lynchy has gotta be frustrated with our forward structures at the moment. Still getting it bombed into him 2/3 v 1 and is our only real option. We really need the likes of 2MP, Martin, Matera, Lemmens, AhChee and Ainsworth when they get back to become more dangerous and drag that attention away from Lynch and give him some chances. He should have had 4 or so in the 1st half alone with better delivery.

Bring on the Hawks next week!! :)

Leslie has been amazing since coming in with May next to him, got a good pair of hands on him and can take a ripping mark. The competition for spots is great and hopefully continues to heat up over the next couple of weeks.
Was worried about him in the side after the North game but he's had genuinely visible improvement over the last 4 weeks. Thompson genuinely going to have to fight to get back into the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back