Rumour GC17 - Conspiracy theory!

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld kids are more likely to recognise the Kangaroo through more exposure to the International Australian NRL Kangaroos.

Bye bye Roos from Nth Melb

My God, is this like an episode of Lost or something where everyone else is in Sptember 2007 and I'm the only one in 2008.

They already tried that last year.

Now, in reality, at this moment - North have a record membership, are about to announce a $1m profit, have our major sponsors in Mazda and Vodafone happy about staying on and have the shareholders issue sorted.

OK, we are not cashed up like Adelaide or Collingwood, but there's others far more vulnerable than us.

I know people will reply to this with 'Oh, typical whinging North supporter' but it is just so frustrating seeing people post inaccurate and intellectually lazy crap like you just have time and time again.

Really, think it through.

My God, is this like an episode of Lost or something where everyone else is in Sptember 2007 and I'm the only one in 2008.

They already tried that last year.

Now, in reality, at this moment - North have a record membership, are about to announce a $1m profit, have our major sponsors in Mazda and Vodafone happy about staying on and have the shareholders issue sorted.

OK, we are not cashed up like Adelaide or Collingwood, but there's others far more vulnerable than us.

I know people will reply to this with 'Oh, typical whinging North supporter' but it is just so frustrating seeing people post inaccurate and intellectually lazy crap like you just have time and time again.

Really, think it through.

Smartest this JB did, get the name back and put their foot down about GC. I think that impressed a lot of NM supporters. May not keep them out of the woods forever but it gave them impetus to survive the next 5 years easy for starters

Smartest this JB did, get the name back and put their foot down about GC. I think that impressed a lot of NM supporters. May not keep them out of the woods forever but it gave them impetus to survive the next 5 years easy for starters

Indeed, and as Hawthorn have shown, you can go from death's door to financial security very quickly.

I do agree that the AFL would still love to send a Melb team to the GC or WS.

Its just not going to be us for a good while.

Thing about this whole malarkey is that its like musical chairs. Its all timing. The clubs that are in bother are those that don't have a chair when the music stops, and sadly, at the moment, we have a chair while Melbourne and Footscray seem to be struggling to find one. Even then, I still think both will be fine.

Personally I think someone high up in the GC17 camp really wanted the Ironmen nickname to top the poll (Maybe cause another Iron Man is hot right now) and when it didn't they decided to do the whole "Oh, we don't have a nickname" thing but things might change before unveiling an Ironman mascot. Over time people will get used to old Gazza and eventually they'll rebrand as the Gold Coast Ironmen. I'm willing to bet Kevin Rudd's house on it.

I reckon if any Melbourne clubs merge it will be with each other. The GC team is being set up as a standalone team, a team for the Gold Coast, why dilute that with the washed-up remains of a team from another city?

Because that's how they saved the previous Gold Coast team from being the shameful failure it was?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back