Universal Love GC2015's man cave of Gold Coast SUNS positivity

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh gabelich is one of the newish afl website journos. Collingwood nuffie. Obviously ivc focussed but I didn’t mind him.

Until this week they were discussing potential All Australian key defenders.

He said
1. Wilkie
2. Moore
3. Andrews

All fair enough.
But then discussed a number of others including bloody esava ratagolea as smokies..

No mention of Charlie of course. Was fuming!

To his credit he did mention littleknown jack Buckley from GWS.

Ballard was horrendous in the Bombers game though.
Like, so bad I wanted to post this in that other thread.

Josh gabelich is one of the newish afl website journos. Collingwood nuffie. Obviously ivc focussed but I didn’t mind him.

Until this week they were discussing potential All Australian key defenders.

He said
1. Wilkie
2. Moore
3. Andrews

All fair enough.
But then discussed a number of others including bloody esava ratagolea as smokies..

No mention of Charlie of course. Was fuming!

To his credit he did mention littleknown jack Buckley from GWS.
Suns will always get ripped off when it comes to AA guernsies because they’re not from the traditional football states. Just like the great Brisbane Lions team of the early 00s deserved more AAs than they actually received. We are just not in the football media’s central focus.

Soooo many positives from the last fortnight in Darwin but I'll just mention one. We're now equal with the top 8 and that means we are well and truly in the race for finals.

Let's take the bye week to catch our breath and gear up for a massive second half of the season!!

Last edited:
Soooo many positive from the last fortnight in Darwin but I'll just mention one. We're now equal with the top 8 and that means we are well and truly in the race for finals.

Let's take the bye week to catch our breath and gear up for a massive second half of the season!!
Back in contention, playing some awesome contested footy.

Bye comes at a great time, get some runners back like Ellis, Weller maybe even Budarick.

Blues & Hawks up next, has to be wins and we sit 8-6!

Blues & Hawks up next, has to be wins and we sit 8-6!
Oh baby! Just the thought of sitting 8-6 in 3 weeks from now is ridiculously exciting and that's really what we should be expecting from our next 2 games. Can't get too carried away but if we get to 8-6 then we only need 5 wins in our final 9 games to hit the magic 13 win number that should guarantee September action.

Okay. Calm down. Focus on Carlton.

Exactly. We were in the same position last year and we choked. Gotta get over the Blues first.

But that said, the two wins in Darwin were massive games and exactly what we needed.

Oh baby! Just the thought of sitting 8-6 in 3 weeks from now is ridiculously exciting and that's really what we should be expecting from our next 2 games. Can't get too carried away but if we get to 8-6 then we only need 5 wins in our final 9 games to hit the magic 13 win number that should guarantee September action.

8-6 could be enough for us to get a sell out for the Collingwood game

Exactly. We were in the same position last year and we choked. Gotta get over the Blues first.

But that said, the two wins in Darwin were massive games and exactly what we needed.
Definately feels better beating 2x top 8 teams in the dogs and crows in Darwin than 17th and 18th hawks and north.

This years different i reckon, our key players are 20 games more experienced, 5 players pushing AA Squad compared to 1 last year.

beating 2x top 8 teams in the dogs and crows in Darwin

These were two proper games.
No cruising in the 2nd half. Full throttle to the end last week, full throttle to the last 3 minutes this week.
Great for Darwin and the TV broadcasters. Dermie picked a good one to be there in person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These were two proper games.
No cruising in the 2nd half. Full throttle to the end last week, full throttle to the last 3 minutes this week.
Great for Darwin and the TV broadcasters. Dermie picked a good one to be there in person.
Coming from behind each week isn’t ideal, but it is good for TV.

It is a positive that we played the first game after the bye on the road, since it looks like we would have lost at home anyway.

warm welcomes to former suns captain tom lynch! welcome home son

Remove this Banner Ad

Back