The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
It looks like a busy off season for the Suns on the Sponsors front.

Major sponsor Hostplus' deal has now expired as has Xblades as the manufacturer.

At the present stage there has been no contract extension 'announced'.

Hostplus has been the sponsor of the Suns since their inception so it would be sad to see them go.

In regards to the manufacturer, if there was to be a replacement I wouldn't mind seeing ISC, Majestic Athletic or even Puma as the jumper manufacturer.

Griffith University was announced as a Suns sponsor two weeks ago but didnt say anything regarding jumper sponsor info so maybe they might jump on board as the major sponsor and it just wasnt announced because there was still a match to go?

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Have we partnered with an Aussie kit supplier that hasn't gone under yet?

If we can't secure a deal with the big dogs like Nike or Adidas, I'm still on board with us going with Under Armour as they try and get a foothold in the country but I think we've missed the window with that unfortunately, It would definerly but a bigger step up than XBlades

Sidenote: Since when did X-Blade do jumpers? They're boots were starting to get super popular when I was playing junior footy but didn't hear a peep from them since we announced they were going to do our jumper, Thoughts?

Unders00

Debutant
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

If we can't secure a deal with the big dogs like Nike or Adidas, I'm still on board with us going with Under Armour as they try and get a foothold in the country but I think we've missed the window with that unfortunately, It would definerly but a bigger step up than XBlades

Sidenote: Since when did X-Blade do jumpers? They're boots were starting to get super popular when I was playing junior footy but didn't hear a peep from them since we announced they were going to do our jumper, Thoughts?
They did norths jumpers for a while

It looks highly likely that the Suns will be partnering with ISC next season.
Very strange, given ISC has dropped a lot of clubs so I just assumed ISC was moving away from AFL. ISC merchandise is no longer on the shops of some clubs.

But if this is true, I don't mind it. I have a couple ISC guernseys and a jumper.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below

Well I was half right, Essendon have signed with them.

Oh well, One day maybe...

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ISC is said to be good retail jerseys and merch but the PI’s are very different. Super thin apparently. ISC is a big brand for the afl though so I’m happy we are getting places

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Surely the solid win last night all be it a practice match might lead us to finding that last sponsor to go below the collar!! It looks very amateur without one.
5E006502-E06D-4D3B-A65D-EE906B140BFE.jpeg

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I wasn't a fan of it when i saw it on draft night, but during the game i was fine with it.

We are kitted by ISC so you would think they would just have to upgrade their side of the deal

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wouldn't mind Tobin and Boswell discussing role of sponsorship within a club.
Does our difficulty securing sponsorship have any direct player impacts? Might be hard to appreciate the differences between us and a Collingwood for example if they haven't spent time in those clubs.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
AFL
YEARSUPPLIERFRONT SPONSORBACK SPONSORNUMBERS SPONSORSHORT SPONSORCOLLAR SPONSORSLEEVE SPONSORBALL SPONSORSCOREBOARD SPONSORGOALS
SPONSOR
COACHES SPONSOR
2009ReebokHostplusReedReebokReed
2010ReebokHostplusReedReebokReedJohn Flynn PHCarlton MidAllied Pickfords
2011ReebokHostplusVirgin AustraliaReedReebokReedBOQBOQHostplus/
Toyota
Allied Pickfords
2012ReebokHostplusVirgin AustraliaReedReebokReedBOQBOQHostplus/
Telstra
Einhell Power Tools
20132XUHostplusVirgin Australia2XUSea WorldBet 365Hostplus/
Telstra
Einhell Power Tools
20142XUHostplusFiatCrust2XUCrustAFLTattsBetHostplus/
Telstra
Einhell Power Tools
2015BLKHostplusFiatCrustBLKCrustHuaweiUBETHostplus/
Telstra
United
2016BLKHostplusFiatSolar AustraliaBLKSolar AustraliaHuaweiUBETHostplus/
Telstra
United
2017X BladesHostplusHuawei (China)AustworldX BladesAustworldHuaweiUBETHostplus
2018X BladesHostplusCovermoreAustworldX BladesAustworldHuaweiCovermoreHostplus
2019X BladesHostplusCovermoreAustworldX BladesAustworldHuaweiCovermoreHostplus@Realty
2020ISCHostplusCovermoreHostplusAustworld@RealtyAustworldAustralasian Retail ProjectsCovermoreHostplus@Realty

AFL Womens
YEARFRONT SPONSORBACK SPONSORSHORT SPONSORSLEEVE SPONSORBALL SPONSORSCOREBOARD SPONSORGOALS SPONSORCOACHES SPONSOR
2020SumoKool Kids Early LearningMackay WaterfrontHarbour Town OutletsChemist WarehouseCovermoreSumo/Chemist WarehouseKool Kids Early Learning
2021The St Food Co.Mackay WaterfrontChemist Warehouse

Last edited:
Back