Podcast GCSUNSCAST - Gold Coast Suns Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

for those who missed it live......
check out the show on soundcloud and you tube below.

apologies for the poor audio this was a test of our new technology and needed some calibrating mid recording. the show was separated into 2 parts due to technical limitations but we hope to remove these limitations with donations on our patreon page.

Both times I succeeded in listening to you guys tonight I heard 17er complete a sentence followed by sunner day that the 15mins was up and you had to go.
Grrrrrr
sorry bods,
working on removing those limitations and i have to manually post a link in here while we are recording. make sure you like our facebook page and you should get a notification when we go live as facebook integration is automated.
to be honest you didn't miss much though. we suffered from some major technical problems, Shannon was unreachable due to no phone service and when we did get going audio problems again with my voice.
the good news is by the end of it we had control over the system and feel very confident we can bring a unique and quality show in the future.

sorry bods,
working on removing those limitations and i have to manually post a link in here while we are recording. make sure you like our facebook page and you should get a notification when we go live as facebook integration is automated.
to be honest you didn't miss much though. we suffered from some major technical problems, Shannon was unreachable due to no phone service and when we did get going audio problems again with my voice.
the good news is by the end of it we had control over the system and feel very confident we can bring a unique and quality show in the future.

Just listened to both episodes. Good broadcast. Plenty of potential for the future.

SunnerSS and I have been doing our podcast in order to provide an alternative to the neverending Victorian Shitshow blasting out of every media outlet down south. We are starting to get over 100 regular listeners, which sounds like nothing but it is a great feeling to know we've reached that milestone. We did a show tonight using a new software program that allowed us to broadcast live and take comments in a chatroom. It wasn't our best show, SUNS went MIA and we had technical issues, but it will get better with time.

Something that will make the show infinitely better in the New Year is a budget to pay for the things we need, like getting the professional version of the software that lets us broadcast live so we can go for 45 minutes instead of 15 minute increments. We got our first sponsor today - $2! If every listener gave that much we'd have $200 a month to go towards sound equipment, headphones, promotional budget and other costs. We are definitely not doing this to be rich!

No donation is too small.

https://www.patreon.com/GCSunscast

Obviously a few teething problems with tonight's show. Still incredibly enjoyable to listen to fans discuss what been happening with our club.

OK I'm an ole fart and I'm not a big fan of "podcasts" but I'd like to donate a little bit to keep this going, but I'm concerned about how to do it....

is there anyway I can give to you blokes directly as i don't understand this soundcloud stuff, but i trust you blokes 100%.

it won't be much but I'm sure it'll help.

OK I'm an ole fart and I'm not a big fan of "podcasts" but I'd like to donate a little bit to keep this going, but I'm concerned about how to do it....

is there anyway I can give to you blokes directly as i don't understand this soundcloud stuff, but i trust you blokes 100%.

it won't be much but I'm sure it'll help.
The safest way is legitimately through patreon. The website takes donations in US$ and its treated as a monthly service to keep projects funded, so you will be charged at the 1st of every month. Hence why we recommend small donations. However if you only want to make a once off contribution please remember to cancel your donation after the funds have been withdrawn to avoid being over charged.

Using this method we can track a monthly budget and listeners/investors can see this also. At the moment our goals are purely on improving production quality to ensure we can produce a reliable show. Once these are met we will look at ways to give back to the community for there donations such as a bi-weekly show, fan interviews, possibly even broadcast our commentary of the games live.

Obviously a few teething problems with tonight's show. Still incredibly enjoyable to listen to fans discuss what been happening with our club.
Yes the 1st half of the episode was pretty bad technically but thanks to mr juicy in our live chat i was able to trouble shoot the problem and correct it for the 2nd half of the show. A simple tweaking of settings to improve the microphone on my end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the 1st half of the episode was pretty bad technically but thanks to mr juicy in our live chat i was able to trouble shoot the problem and correct it for the 2nd half of the show. A simple tweaking of settings to improve the microphone on my end.
Was definitely noticeably better in the second half. I know I would be completely lost trying to do something like that - I hope my post didn't come across as too critical. I think your doing an awesome job mate.

Was definitely noticeably better in the second half. I know I would be completely lost trying to do something like that - I hope my post didn't come across as too critical. I think your doing an awesome job mate.
No certainly not critical i love criticism it encourages me to improve.

As for the technology it is a bit to wrap your head around thats partly why ive opted to pursue a paid service such as spreaker as it simplify's alot of things for me allowing me to focus on content. With us now going live however it is important for those listening live to tell us in the chat room if there are audio issues so i can address them asap and still have a semblance of a podcast to put out for those looking to catch up.

As with donors like yourself jumping on board i now feel obliged to share the production process with you all to try and include you all.

The current setup involves my
5 year old laptop, a 15 year old Mbox2 and rode NT1A microphone.
Coupled with a skype call to 17er and sometimes SUNS that now links into the spreaker studio which allows me to broadcast live.

17er and shannon only have a phone/tablet on their end with the standard ear buds that come with the device.

Due to this they can not hear any sound effects played on the show and dont have live access to the chat room. Unless operating a separate device to enter as a listener.

My 1st step was to regularly produce a podcast for my fellow suns fans.
The 2nd step is currently in execution to include fans in the show via a live chat and a live broadcast. (If i had a decent camera setup i might've gone done the twitch path).
The 3rd step which im only just starting to visualize would involve having the tech and ability for fans such as yourself to call into the show to chat with us live. Creating a realistic talkback radio show dedicated to the gold coast suns.

Pretty exciting stuff hey!!!!
So thanks to everyone listening and supporting us.

Glad to help. Been enjoying the podcast since you guys started.

I would like to thank Old Sol and Mr. Wood. Our Patreon donors who have funded the GCSUNSCAST. Their 1st month of donations have funded the GCSUNSCAST online subscription fees for a year. While we may have reached our 1st target we are still aiming to improve our hardware setup and are even entertaining the idea of Live call ins and a bi weekly show. So please show your support if you can at patreon in the following link.
https://www.patreon.com/GCSunscast

We are planning a new episode for this month. However due to the usual december rush that comes with holidays we are finding it tough to align schedules. Its looking like happening sometime between boxing day and new years eve. We will keep you all posted so you can tune in live.

New GCSUNScast happening tuesday 15th january 7pm.
Good stuff.

With the bad news of Tom Mitchell's broken leg at Hawthorn today, I'd love to hear a discussion on who you guys think is our most important player, especially with Ablett, Lynch and May now long gone. Who is the player we can least afford to lose to injury and why?

Apologies suns fans, another technical bug has rendered a majority of the episode unlistenable and will be removed from service.

I will spend the next few days/weeks perfecting the settings and equipment to get it right. We could require new hardware so i cant give a time frame on a return but we hope to be back end of january to early feb at the latest.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Apologies suns fans, another technical bug has rendered a majority of the episode unlistenable and will be removed from service.

I will spend the next few days/weeks perfecting the settings and equipment to get it right. We could require new hardware so i cant give a time frame on a return but we hope to be back end of january to early feb at the latest.

Thank you for your patience and support.
This is disappointing. If there is anything that someone who doesn't know how to produce a podcast can do to help let me know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back