Podcast GCSUNSCAST - Gold Coast Suns Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

The first part was hard to listen to, but it was not too bad after that. It was a bit like Tom was talking to an alien, but I could still understand you ok. I thought the idea Tom raised of Rischitelli being club captain was an interesting one. It is quite a left-field idea & is unlikely to occur, but it has some merit. I'd choose any of Miller, Swallow or Witts ahead of him, but Rischa does appear well-respected by the players & could be spokesman for the club & leader off-field, even though he might not play a lot of senior matches. It is probably not a risk we need to take, but I liked the idea.

The first part was hard to listen to, but it was not too bad after that. It was a bit like Tom was talking to an alien, but I could still understand you ok. I thought the idea Tom raised of Rischitelli being club captain was an interesting one. It is quite a left-field idea & is unlikely to occur, but it has some merit. I'd choose any of Miller, Swallow or Witts ahead of him, but Rischa does appear well-respected by the players & could be spokesman for the club & leader off-field, even though he might not play a lot of senior matches. It is probably not a risk we need to take, but I liked the idea.
Thanks, but its still far from what im trying to produce. I believe i have found the cause of the issue but cant be sure until a live test is done.
Ive been doing alot of research into other tech and at the current donation schedule i should have some new tech in place before the season begins.

Any successful live tests will be released to download or listen back to as we plan to treat them as live shows.

As far as captaincy, im increasingly in favour of witts who since our latest episode has resigned long term and showed good credentials with his public speaking. Only concern i have is he has stated he only speaks when he feels its important and needs to be said.
So another reserved captain might not be the best thing for these young blokes.

How are things progressing with your audio tests? Hoping you have your set up ready to deliver some good Suns content before rnd 1

How are things progressing with your audio tests? Hoping you have your set up ready to deliver some good Suns content before rnd 1
Im confident ive found the problem that lead to my distorted voice and running a few offline recordings it worked. Went to record an episode exlusively for our patreon viewers last week and tom's microphone died. He should have a replacement this week so check your patreon for details on how to listen too the test show.

If all goes to plan during test we will have a new episode up in the 1st week of february.

New show 7pm (qld) tuesday 12th feb.

We have transitioned to facebook for the marketing of the show but are still checking in to BF regularly for conversations and opinions. Make sure you check out and follow us on Facebook to get the show updates and Tom is doing a series of player profile articles aswell.

We have transitioned to facebook for the marketing of the show but are still checking in to BF regularly for conversations and opinions. Make sure you check out and follow us on Facebook to get the show updates and Tom is doing a series of player profile articles aswell.

But FB totally sucks
We should all make soup out of Zuckerberg

Good luck with Facebook

But FB totally sucks
We should all make soup out of Zuckerberg
Yeah but we've received complaints about the level of advertising we were pushing on BF. So to avoid any sort of infringement with BF rules we will only post episode updates here. So dont worry BF only listeners you can still get your fix of the GCSUNSCAST, but if you are on FB help us out, like the page and check out some of tom's articles.

Yeah but we've received complaints about the level of advertising we were pushing on BF. So to avoid any sort of infringement with BF rules we will only post episode updates here. So dont worry BF only listeners you can still get your fix of the GCSUNSCAST, but if you are on FB help us out, like the page and check out some of tom's articles.

Is there a way to access 17er’s articles if you don’t have FB??

Is there a way to access 17er’s articles if you don’t have FB??

Despite being hosted on FB i dont believe you are blocked from these links as they are public articles

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i apologise for the volume being all over the place.
i did try to boost volume post show but it wasn't listenable.
After a good show last time i thought i didn't need to do a pre-record test.
obviously i was wrong.
Good news is i have already fixed the issue which was all audio being routed through skype prior to going live which meant it was heavily compressed.
my fault for letting my wife use my PC to skype her mum and then not checking settings afterwards.

In further good news we are now back to a weekly show.
every tuesday night at 7pm (qld time).
you can listen live on spreaker check out our facebook page for the link every week or save https://www.spreaker.com/user/gcsunscast into your browser and go directly there.
if you cant catch us live as always an episode will be uploaded to youtube immediately after the show and also to soundcloud and itunes if you prefer to use an rss feed to download the show.

i apologise for the volume being all over the place.
i did try to boost volume post show but it wasn't listenable.
After a good show last time i thought i didn't need to do a pre-record test.
obviously i was wrong.
Good news is i have already fixed the issue which was all audio being routed through skype prior to going live which meant it was heavily compressed.
my fault for letting my wife use my PC to skype her mum and then not checking settings afterwards.

In further good news we are now back to a weekly show.
every tuesday night at 7pm (qld time).
you can listen live on spreaker check out our facebook page for the link every week or save https://www.spreaker.com/user/gcsunscast into your browser and go directly there.
if you cant catch us live as always an episode will be uploaded to youtube immediately after the show and also to soundcloud and itunes if you prefer to use an rss feed to download the show.

Thanks again guys. Footy's back, weekly GCSUNCAST content is going to be awesome.

I understand everyones dissatisfaction with the show lately and no one gets more upset then i do after wasting hours for a barely listenable product.
The Live format brings one thing to the audience that you never experienced during a pre recording and that is the amount of technical problems. We have lost countless shows and minutes of shows due to hardware/software issues, only now we cant hide them as its live.

The new mixer (thanks to our patreon producers) will fix these issues and after running more tests after the last show with Thom im confident our audio issues will be behind us. 20190226_205440.jpg

Well this is crap
Why doesn’t the club get you blokes to host this rather than the propaganda machine

Club should have done this year's ago. More Suns love.
Still happy to support a "for fans-by fans" format podcast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back