Podcast GCSUNSCAST - Gold Coast Suns Podcast

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Problems with the live broadcast on speaker this week. Hope it isn't an issue for the rest of the week leading into ep. 50
issue was on spreaker's end. has been fixed now and ran a test last night to confirm. All good now.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
issue was on spreaker's end. has been fixed now and ran a test last night to confirm. All good now.
Yeah obviously not from your end. Was just nervous for you - don't want service issues to undermine all the work your putting into this week.

Episode this week was good. Great to hear you had a great birthday mate.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You sounded pretty excited about having a beer with players families. So how about to spill the beans on Lukosius? I am sure you asked the question :)

Also when will you have a family member on your podcast?

Good job as usual.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You sounded pretty excited about having a beer with players families. So how about to spill the beans on Lukosius? I am sure you asked the question :)

Also when will you have a family member on your podcast?

Good job as usual.
regards luko, I just asked if his family had any intentions to follow the ainsworths example and move up to the Goldy. the response was not likely.

as far as players family members guesting it should be possible i doubt the club would stop it.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

How good is it having an extra episode worth of time to discuss match previews. Thom in his element haha.

Would be stoked to have the extra sunscast every week. That patreon goal is actually closer than it looks 😉😉 so anybody thinking of jumping in with a bit of support nows a great time to get extra bang for your dollar.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I've lined up another guest for this weeks episode. Tom Boswell sports writer for the Gold Coast Bulletin. has done a lot of great articles this year for the suns and local footy on the gold coast in general. he will join us for a 2019 season review, any questions about him ,local media , the suns or gold coast afl this is the week.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I've lined up another guest for this weeks episode. Tom Boswell sports writer for the Gold Coast Bulletin. has done a lot of great articles this year for the suns and local footy on the gold coast in general. he will join us for a 2019 season review, any questions about him ,local media , the suns or gold coast afl this is the week.
How does he see the Suns going in 2020? Forward, backwards or about the same?

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
unfortunately tom boswell cant make tonight's show but he will be on in a to be determined future episode.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Totally agree.
If Charlie is not making our best 22 then we must have an awesome team.
He’s in mine just for the fact alone he’s a real competitor and we lack genuine competitors, blokes who will stand up and fight and go harder when the going gets tough. Plus didn’t he finish top ten in the B&F and win our most improved player award this year?

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interested as to why Charlie Ballard is missing from your best 22s. Is it his kicking? Or simply because you think Hombsch / Lukosius is the better option?
pretty much the later, I prefer a more experienced lineup and chose Hombsch, Thom felt Lukosious out of half back is better. If you only choose 3 starting tall defenders who do you pick? I chose Hombsch as a lockdown CHB and wanted collins as the intercept marker. I feel hombsch is a better lockdown then Ballard and collins is a better interceptor.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
pretty much the later, I prefer a more experienced lineup and chose Hombsch, Thom felt Lukosious out of half back is better. If you only choose 3 starting tall defenders who do you pick? I chose Hombsch as a lockdown CHB and wanted collins as the intercept marker. I feel hombsch is a better lockdown then Ballard and collins is a better interceptor.
Fair enough. Have to admit it’s hard to leave out Hombsch as well, and we have to keep getting games into Luko also. It’s a good problem for us to have. I think Stewie will reward form in the preseason so our Round one side is going to be very interesting.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’d be immediately giving Collins/Thompson/Hombsch an opponent to mark in the backline each as the first part of my selection process every week and after that then concerning myself with the makeup of the rest of the back 6.

Back