Podcast GCSUNSCAST - Gold Coast Suns Podcast

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Oh man...I don’t know how I feel about this.
At heart Thom is a good fella, great fella actually and loves the club and is very knowledgeable too.
I’ve made mistakes too in my life where I have gone too far.
It just sucks.
I’m sorry Shane you have been put in such a tricky position.
As far as Campbell Brown is concerned he is not Mr Perfect and might want to reflect on that himself and consider there’s a person on the other side of that twitter account.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
17er sure has a way to go ballistic at times. One would say he’s a flawed genius of sorts.
Nope, just flawed.

Shane's done as best he can to damage control but in this day and age of media you can't just... just can't say that stuff representing a media brand like that.
A hard but correct decision.

I hope you can rebound from this little stumble and continue to put out great content like you always have.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nope, just flawed.

Shane's done as best he can to damage control but in this day and age of media you can't just... just can't say that stuff representing a media brand like that.
A hard but correct decision.

I hope you can rebound from this little stumble and continue to put out great content like you always have.

Nope, he’s a very knowledgeable guy, he’s a father, an educator and to say his entire character is purely “flawed” cannot be correct and I respectfully ask you and anyone else thinking of doing so to not lay the boot in.

He will probably be reading these posts. So people please keep that in mind.
It’s a stuff up, it’s happened, the sun (no pun intended) will rise again in the morning and I wish for him a glorious day tomorrow.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Nope, he’s a very knowledgeable guy, he’s a father, an educator and to say his entire character is purely “flawed” cannot be correct and I respectfully ask you and anyone else thinking of doing so to not lay the boot in.

He will probably be reading these posts. So people please keep that in mind.
It’s a stuff up, it’s happened, the sun (no pun intended) will rise again in the morning and I wish for him a glorious day tomorrow.

If you hear from Mr17 let him know I am thinking of him and my inbox is always open for a chat!

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are you on this episode?? I'm tuning in!

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
yeah he is. with the departure of 17er I am looking to have a different guest each week to get new views and opinions from suns fans.

if anyone is interested in guesting on a show reach out to me in a DM.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So tomorrows episode will be at the later time of 8PM and my guest this week is Michael "Fish" Whiting. I plan to ask him about his patreon and work with AFL.com, His history reporting on the suns and travelling with them and discuss all the usual suns topics.
any questions in particular let me know?

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So tomorrows episode will be at the later time of 8PM and my guest this week is Michael "Fish" Whiting. I plan to ask him about his patreon and work with AFL.com, His history reporting on the suns and travelling with them and discuss all the usual suns topics.

Fish-Who do you cheer for in Q Clashes?

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does he think post COVID-19 there will be more jobs and coverage for media in Queensland with the recent surge of matches and improvement of teams?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fish, do you still believe that Suns list has holes everywhere and it will take at least 7 more years for Suns to be any good?

Last edited:

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Maybe if he knows the reasoning behind our Thursday Night match vs the Doggies not being on FTA Channel Seven? Cannot seem to find the reasoning anywhere

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
thanks guys got around to most of the questions. Fish is a top bloke and really enjoyed chatting with him some insightful stuff to share i will likely have him on in the future again.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good interview. I was a bit surprised that Fish thinks that we got a hole in a forward line after King, Day, Wright. He seems forgot that Luko is available down the track. Not sure how many tall forwards a team can have. Corbett as a 2nd/3rd tall is another option.

Very classy from Dew to check on Fish when he was stood down.

Last edited:

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good interview. I was a bit surprised that Fish thinks that we got a hole in a forward line after King, Day, Wright. He seems forgot that Luko is available down the track. Not sure how many tall forwards a team can have. Corbett as a 2nd/3rd tall is another option.

Very classy from Dew to check on Fish when he was stood down.
yeah i did want to pursue that statement but had run out of time. Just shows the character of Dew a true leader.

Back