Games & Recreation GD AFL Thread- all things footy and dim sims back when it used to be good

Remove this Banner Ad

Well thatd be it then. Earliest memory. Cannot recall anything from 1991, 90, or the 1989 GF even.
My earliest is 89GF. Very hazy though. Didnt really get it. Think me and friends were on the road kicking the footy through that game too.
Watched the replay plenty though.

Yeah Gazza was better to watch. But he was better to watch than probably anyone ever.
But...Dunstall kicked straight, Gaz did not.
I honestly remember his mark over Gary Pert. Was front row at the g and i was about to tie my shoe. I looked over at ablett and thought "it looks like hes about to do something " so i did not tie my shoe. .

And then he did that.

I honestly remember his mark over Gary Pert. Was front row at the g and i was about to tie my shoe. I looked over at ablett and thought "it looks like hes about to do something " so i did not tie my shoe. .

And then he did that.
Yeah f**k he was crazy. Wasn't at that game but was listening to it on the radio when Rex yelled out.
He went so off tap didn't know what actually happened for a couple of minutes

Yeah f**k he was crazy. Wasn't at that game but was listening to it on the radio when Rex yelled out.
He went so off tap didn't know what actually happened for a couple of minutes
They didnt get that high when they went to the moon!!

Haha rexy was the best

Me and my mum hated Carey from day dot. And no not cause he was great, more cause he was a campaigner. And that was before he really did anything
Same!!!!!!! I just knew he was a campaigner before most others.
Actually not true. Went to this celebrity cricket match thing at the G once and Gaz and Carey were playing.
Everyone was just giving it to Carey and then started chanting Carey's a w***er for ages at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Suma kicked 11.9 v Essendon at the G in 92.

In 1991 Sumich kicked 111.89.

200 shots!! Now thats a season.

Still didnt get the Coleman Bloke called Plugger kicked like 127 in 15 games

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably another 30 shots out on full too!

I remember Geelong in 1992 just annihilating teams by kicking massive scores. Broke the VFL/AFL record kicking 37.17.239 against Brisbane at Carrara (old Metricon) then kicked 32.18.210 against Adelaide the following week. One point shy of kicking 450 points in two games. Journeyman forward John Hutton kicked 8 for the Bears despite his team losing by 28 goals. He actually kicked 8 in a game 3 times in his unremarkable 33 game career. That's 90s foot for you.
I reckon Hutton kicked 8 v us in 92.

We won by like 130 points but he kicked 8 of their 11.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back