Food, Drink & Dining Out GD Meet up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would people wanna do a Meet up on GF Day.. just contemplating what I may be doing on it (ie. not being at the ground watching Geelong).

Anyone wanna go watch it at a pub somewhere?
I’m gonna be up in Cairns.
Last time I was on holiday when GF was on was 2003. Coll v Brisbane. I remember asking some aussies i saw in switzeland who won a few days later.

I’m gonna be up in Cairns.
Last time I was on holiday when GF was on was 2003. Coll v Brisbane. I remember asking some aussies i saw in switzeland who won a few days later.

Orite, meet up in Cairns it is.

PM me your CC details so i can book flights x

. I remember asking some aussies i saw in switzeland who won a few days later.

I was thinking about this the other day- i miss this! Like walking back from the MCG and having people ask you who won the game and i'd give them basically a run down of the whole match :D

Now ppl have bloody smart phones, you dont get that anymore.

I was thinking about this the other day- i miss this! Like walking back from the MCG and having people ask you who won the game and i'd give them basically a run down of the whole match :D

Now ppl have bloody smart phones, you dont get that anymore.
True. On my recent trips to new Zealand over last few summers going hiking i have kept my phone on airplane mode the whole trip. Was basically a camera and notepad. Was great totally switching off. I didnt even enable global roaming so other than free wifi places i wouldnt have been able to use it anyway. I used the free wifi at christchurch aiport once checked in after 8 days without. So awesome

True. On my recent trips to new Zealand over last few summers going hiking i have kept my phone on airplane mode the whole trip. Was basically a camera and notepad. Was great totally switching off. I didnt even enable global roaming so other than free wifi places i wouldnt have been able to use it anyway. I used the free wifi at christchurch aiport once checked in after 8 days without. So awesome

Everytime i go OS, i dont even look into getting roaming. Just another expense and couldnt be less interested. Is great to be "non contactable" for a while. Anyway now and again would find a computer somewhere to contact home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See thats why i really wouldnt want a night GF. Could you imagine sitting around all day waiting for the dang game to start. Also cuts out alot of post celebration time- to begin it all at 10.30pm++. Yeah nah.

Exactly. Afternoon game is perfect. I don't see why it needs to change.

Exactly. Afternoon game is perfect. I don't see why it needs to change.

Yah 2.30pm start. Suppose a twilight could work, but idk entertainment would still be during daylight hours, so not as if that would be improved in any real way.

I thought the same but then i figured i would probably watch it somewhere anyway so why not just go...

Oh yeah i'll never miss a GF. Even the boring Hawthorn ones- i was the last man standing in the living room watching the second half. Ill watch every GF.

Part of me does feel bad about it though because i've always been of the belief that the gf should be primarily for the teams supporters before corporates. At least i can say i support throughout the whole season and i'm not like some others that go on the day who never show any interest in football all year and just tag along for the free drinks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back