Cup_o_Jobe

All Australian
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hi all,

Aussie living in the big apple here. Moved to NYC about a year ago, and after spending this season getting up (or staying up) at odd hours to watch the footy via the WatchAFL stream (not bad value, all told) realized that something was missing from my usual enjoyment of the footy. Essentially, being there at the game with mates and being able to banter during the game or mid-week about how everything was travelling, who ought get rubbed out, and whether Jaegar will end up the youngest bloke in history to get arthritis in both knee-joints at once.

Been able to keep in touch with mates via a fantasy keeper league but otherwise looking to maintain that banter and interest outside the four-quarters of a game with like-minded fans.

Will likely sniff around the Bombers fan board but will take a look at the other forums to see what grabs my eye.

And for the record, yes, I've found Jobe's cafe, and yes, they do a bloody good latte and a more-than-acceptable long machiatto. I look forward to pestering him for autographs and selfies come the off-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back