GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speaking to people apart of the (GFL) team.........they have no interest in playing for the GDFL side. further to your point, are you sure they will be 1 pointers?? So for instance if Chris Moreland wanted to play for the GDFL team he would be a 1 pointer?? Seems a bit unfair
Doesn't it go by what league they last played in? If so they were GFL last season, so incur GFL points.

Doesn't it go by what league they last played in? If so they were GFL last season, so incur GFL points.

Whats the points for a GFL senior player coming to GDFL, also points for reserves player or an 18 moving into seniors coming to GDFL.

Also if someone knows i would be interested in the points for same above question for a BFL senior or 2s or 18s player coming into GDFL? Cheers

Whats the points for a GFL senior player coming to GDFL, also points for reserves player or an 18 moving into seniors coming to GDFL.

Also if someone knows i would be interested in the points for same above question for a BFL senior or 2s or 18s player coming into GDFL? Cheers

Point system break down

Senior players from any league are 3 points.

Reserves players are 2 points.

Add an additional point if they are from a premium comp eg GFL/Hampden/Eastern etc.
Add an additional point if they are a transferring from the same comp.
Add a point if they have played 3 clubs in 3 years

Colts players from GFL/BFL first teams are 3 points and if from 2nd colts teams they are 2 points.

If a player is transferring to their junior club (must played 40 junior games) they are 1 point

If a player hasn't played for 3 years they are 1 point

So a GFL senior player is worth 4 and a reserves GFL player is 3 points

BFL senior player is 3 points and a BFL reserves player is 2 points.

I hope this makes a little sense.
The point system doc is online.

Point system break down

Senior players from any league are 3 points.

Reserves players are 2 points.

Add an additional point if they are from a premium comp eg GFL/Hampden/Eastern etc.
Add an additional point if they are a transferring from the same comp.
Add a point if they have played 3 clubs in 3 years

Colts players from GFL/BFL first teams are 3 points and if from 2nd colts teams they are 2 points.

If a player is transferring to their junior club (must played 40 junior games) they are 1 point

If a player hasn't played for 3 years they are 1 point

So a GFL senior player is worth 4 and a reserves GFL player is 3 points

BFL senior player is 3 points and a BFL reserves player is 2 points.

I hope this makes a little sense.
The point system doc is online.

Bloody Hell, thanks Kick it, you would need an accountant and a calculator to recruit and pick a team on Thursday night,

Bloody Hell, thanks Kick it, you would need an accountant and a calculator to recruit and pick a team on Thursday night,

Big job for the footy manager.

6 points AFL player
5 points VFL TAC cup
4 points VAFA
3 points senior player
2 points reserves
1 points junior player

Then all the 1 point additions
Transferring from the same comp, transferring from a premium league and if they have had 3 clubs in 3 years.

Just speaking to people apart of the (GFL) team.........they have no interest in playing for the GDFL side. further to your point, are you sure they will be 1 pointers?? So for instance if Chris Moreland wanted to play for the GDFL team he would be a 1 pointer?? Seems a bit unfair

Geelong West (GDFL) have been approaching ex GWSP juniors to come and play for them this year because they believe they will be 1 pointers.

Big job for the footy manager.

6 points AFL player
5 points VFL TAC cup
4 points VAFA
3 points senior player
2 points reserves
1 points junior player

Then all the 1 point additions
Transferring from the same comp, transferring from a premium league and if they have had 3 clubs in 3 years.

Last question mate: Lets say a GFL players has played reserves for a chunk of his career but managed a few senior games if you know what I mean, what is the equation for that points wise if he wanted to come to the GDFL, have a good weekend.

Geelong West (GDFL) have been approaching ex GWSP juniors to come and play for them this year because they believe they will be 1 pointers.

Returning 40 game + junior Roosters players are 1 point for either the GDFL or GFL Giants. Benefit of the merge, but you can't transfer back from the higher league without a junior history with that entry level score.
Players wil find their level/standard and be able to remain socially in the one club/entity through juniors and seniors now.

Last question mate: Lets say a GFL players has played reserves for a chunk of his career but managed a few senior games if you know what I mean, what is the equation for that points wise if he wanted to come to the GDFL, have a good weekend.

It will go from the last season they played. The career stats don't count.
I think if they played more senior games then reserves in the last season they count as a senior player.

Last edited:
It will go from the last season they played. The career stats don't count.
I think if they played more senior games then reserves in the last season they count as a senior player.

i hav understood that they base it on the previus 3 yr history of a player. RubenV from albans a good example played a lot of 2s games in 2014, more snr games in 15 + 16.. so could have been close to a 3 point instead of 4. i culd b wrong

i hav understood that they base it on the previus 3 yr history of a player. RubenV from albans a good example played a lot of 2s games in 2014, more snr games in 15 + 16.. so could have been close to a 3 point instead of 4. i culd b wrong

It's just on the last season. He will be 4 points.

Also if a transferring player is top 5 in the previous clubs BnF add 1 additional point.

Eg. Say if Corio recruited a player from east that is in east top 5 BnF they will be worth 5 points.
3 points senior play plus 1 PT top 5 BnF and plus 1 PT for changing clubs in the same league.

Also if a transferring player is top 5 in the previous clubs BnF add 1 additional point.

Eg. Say if Corio recruited a player from east that is in east top 5 BnF they will be worth 5 points.
3 points senior play plus 1 PT top 5 BnF and plus 1 PT for changing clubs in the same league.

so sims from thomson who has been at 4 clubs in 4 yrs n top 5 bnf at all wuld b 3 points plus 8 additional? so 11 all up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so sims from thomson who has been at 4 clubs in 4 yrs n top 5 bnf at all wuld b 3 points plus 8 additional? so 11 all up?

No. the boys from Forrest didn't get the 1 pt addition for 3 clubs in 3 years. Your BnF result is only from the last season not your career. It's not that difficult once you read the doc. It's on the internet for everyone to read

No. the boys from Forrest didn't get the 1 pt addition for 3 clubs in 3 years. Your BnF result is only from the last season not your career. It's not that difficult once you read the doc. It's on the internet for everyone to read

they didnt get the extra point last yr but theyll all get it wen they move on this yr.

Yes, 1 player is going to take up 25% of the points..

Weve seen 1 playr take up 25% of a salary cap.. but thanks for the sarcastic reply captain obvious

I don't think he has played for a year or 2 but does anyone know much about Jeremy Sezun? Think he played for Winchelsea? He is heading to a SA league & they have a write up about him playing in the GDFL & how he is a big in for the club he heading to in the local paper.

Media over hype or can play?

I don't think he has played for a year or 2 but does anyone know much about Jeremy Sezun? Think he played for Winchelsea? He is heading to a SA league & they have a write up about him playing in the GDFL & how he is a big in for the club he heading to in the local paper.

Media over hype or can play?

I dont know him but a quick google and I think he is a pretty handy footballer, but I'm tipping he was under the pump down back on this day.......ha ha - good luck to him and the club in SA anyway.

North Geelong has done everything in its power to keep their finals hopes alive with the biggest win this season, beating Winchelsea by 267 points at Eastern Reserve.

The Magpies restricted Winchelsea to just two behinds on the Blues’ darkest day this season, while kicking 41.23 (269) themselves.

For Winchelsea, Jeremy Sezun was best on field.

Not much bad speak about belmont since pre season has kicked off this year.
Is everybody getting to know that they are doing okay and have covered they're losses this year?
Vardy, Leamer re sign and a bunch of new blokes who look the goods.
Not to much to worry about for GT

Is everybody getting to know that they are doing okay and have covered they're losses this year?

I did hear the other day jason young has been recruiting really well for grant tanner looks like they might be on the up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fraser McCarthy and Xavier Lourey going around again for the Lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back