GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see on the K Rock site that the Belmont Lions are putting up the $500 to the spineless AFL BARWON to investigate an incident involving Thomson player Jackson MacLeod, in a off the ball incident involving Belmont Lions player Brent Watkins who was left with very serious injuries after the incident. Despite the pumping Belmont received on the scoreboard the young kid was towelling MacLeod up.

I see on the K Rock site that the Belmont Lions are putting up the $500 to the spineless AFL BARWON to investigate an incident involving Thomson player Jackson MacLeod, in a off the ball incident involving Belmont Lions player Brent Watkins who was left with very serious injuries after the incident. Despite the pumping Belmont received on the scoreboard the young kid was towelling MacLeod up.
If you look at the footage it's clearly not off the ball and in fact as someone pointed out on Facebook there was no free kick given, it was in the side, still in the field of play and no belmont players remonstrated. Mustn't have been much in it which is why afl barwon have come to their decision by the sounds of it.

If you look at the footage it's clearly not off the ball and in fact as someone pointed out on Facebook there was no free kick given, it was in the side, still in the field of play and no belmont players remonstrated. Mustn't have been much in it which is why afl barwon have come to their decision by the sounds of it.

Gutless Dog Act by McLeod who deliberately fenced his opponent with the intention to hurt the boy, the ball was 3 metres away, then he clapped the player off who was being helped off by his mother who is the trainer, he spent the night in hospital with concussion and suspected broken arm which is now a chipped elbow i believe. I bet pretty boy wouldn't do that up at Bell Post Hill or out at Inverleigh!

How big is the gap between Corio and the next? Will they win a game this year?
Long way.They got to East when they were totally undermanned and with terrible weather.East by 10 goals next time.Apart from that and when players drop off .Long season ahead.Shame but true

Gutless Dog Act by McLeod who deliberately fenced his opponent with the intention to hurt the boy, the ball was 3 metres away, then he clapped the player off who was being helped off by his mother who is the trainer, he spent the night in hospital with concussion and suspected broken arm which is now a chipped elbow i believe. I bet pretty boy wouldn't do that up at Bell Post Hill or out at Inverleigh!
I have pushed into the fence years ago at Thomson not a good feeling anywhere.We all need to realize its a game we all need to work Monday.Sure we all got heated in a game but if you can't control your emotions give it away.Low act and dangerous.My thought going by vision.Vision doesn't lie.

If you look at the image I think you would agree that JM as no intention in going for the footy at all... JM looks to me in this image that his intention is to push BW in to the fence.

Thoughts?

Long way.They got to East when they were totally undermanned and with terrible weather.East by 10 goals next time.Apart from that and when players drop off .Long season ahead.Shame but true
Severely undermanned east should never had one of it wasn't for bad umpiring! East will be down the bottom with Corio those two sides are miles off the rest

Severely undermanned east should never had one of it wasn't for bad umpiring! East will be down the bottom with Corio those two sides are miles off the rest
That's the point how far corio are off.East are a better side by 4 to 5 goals than that occasion.Didn't see the game but .Corio have alot of work to do on and off the field

That's the point how far corio are off.East are a better side by 4 to 5 goals than that occasion.Didn't see the game but .Corio have alot of work to do on and off the field
Corio have been down the bottom for years what's East excuse? They went from a powerhouse club to bottom couple!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corio have been down the bottom for years what's East excuse? They went from a powerhouse club to bottom couple!
Easy to answer .Lack of Juniors and Alcoa and Williamstown ship builders.They need to rebuild but a far cry from where Corio is.

Cmon, give JM some credit. He got sent off against BPH in 2016 finals series for 2 cheap shots when the game was over. So he will give out cheap shots when his opponent isn't looking against all teams.
Got 1 week by the way for punching an unexpecting opponent in the face and knocking him unconscious. 1 week & he has a bad record!!!!!!!

How big is the gap between Corio and the next? Will they win a game this year?

I woz out there today its not lookin good a few boys in their 1s wuld struggle to play 2s at sum clubs
i went passed west for a quarter on the way home my first look at inver full forward Hunt kickin bombs from 60 out will push 100 by the looks of it

any1 kno what happend 2 winch? embarassing score line thort they were gonna pinch 5th surely somthing wrong

I woz out there today its not lookin good a few boys in their 1s wuld struggle to play 2s at sum clubs
i went passed west for a quarter on the way home my first look at inver full forward Hunt kickin bombs from 60 out will push 100 by the looks of it

any1 kno what happend 2 winch? embarassing score line thort they were gonna pinch 5th surely somthing wrong

Corio FC ,Giants and Winchelsea are building up different parts of their clubs making them relevant and attractive for future seasons, not just 2017 , so scoreboard beltings in H&A are not the end of the world for their members
Corio are rebuilding primarily the SOCIAL FABRIC of the place, they will win less games this season than last , but will be a far better place at seasons end. That NUF NUF Boyd was a poor caretaker at best for his one season
Giants has a good crowd ,including past players supporting and we're competitive at times but don't have the class of Inverleigh. The place will improve again next year
Winchelsea just felt the wrath of the dominant team of the past decade as they were gearing up for the GF Replay in front of their past players this weekend. No Weddings or cricket trips distractions anymore
It is a different game when the top teams have an agenda the following week or have a BAD loss (Anzac Day) and play a mid/lower table side. Winch and Giants learnt more from getting kicked hard than the normal game of managing the top squads players to get results with bruise free football
There is nothing WRONG with any of these clubs as they want to improve the right way with their current coaches and committees

Last edited:
Heard from players at 2 of the 4 clubs Corio has played, that they have been amazed at how dirty they've been on the back of the so called 'clean up' of there club. Cheap shots, after the balls gone etc.
Dunno why they allow it. Wrecks their reputation

Heard from players at 2 of the 4 clubs Corio has played, that they have been amazed at how dirty they've been on the back of the so called 'clean up' of there club. Cheap shots, after the balls gone etc.

The true litmus test is 2 fold
1. Can they fill their own club rooms full of family and friends of members to multiple social functions over the year and grow their active membership
2. Does tho opposition players ,members and supporters enter the room after the game when possible and support their bar and facilities because they are made to feel welcome
Reckon it has been well over a decade since Corio has passed this test, but they aren't alone

I saw the coach last year place a cheap shot behind the play that the next day the lad was still ill.End of story.Monkey see Monkey do

I saw the coach last year place a cheap shot behind the play that the next day the lad was still ill.End of story.Monkey see Monkey do

To be fair, Nevada is trying to fix things, but its a bloody tough job and he doesnt get much help when push comes to shove, he had to coach AND umpire u18 practice matches

Good luck to them, but its like pushing ish up hill out that way, cant change culture in a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back