GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weakest interleague in years, no gun talls and no super mids interleague should return to under 25s and make it relevant the guns do not longer want to play
I've posted before that I reckon Interleague is way past it's use by date.
No one cares, no one wants to play, and it's now irrelevant.

Just get rid of it and play a normal round of footy.

Sunraysia league, who are supposed to be playing Bellarine, aren't even sending a team down.

Its been good in the past, but time to move on.......

I've posted before that I reckon Interleague is way past it's use by date.
No one cares, no one wants to play, and it's now irrelevant.

Just get rid of it and play a normal round of footy.

Sunraysia league, who are supposed to be playing Bellarine, aren't even sending a team down.

Its been good in the past, but time to move on.......

Some things to note going into the inter league bye weekend.
Listened to Hash tag radio show for the first time, the boys leak out some gold nuggets in between a lot of narcissism and in jokes only they get. But they have their finger on the pulse of the local footy scene
Love the fact the GDFL executive have clearly set their boundaries to the AFL Barwon on what will happen to our competition. 12/14/team competition or when 16 occur in future then divisions will be considered ✅
Learnt that the Panthers rebuild is going well as a club for longevity BUT they can't win the flag this year without 2 extra A grade recruits. They had everything in their favour on the weekend, home ground, injuries to opponents and weather to suit their game plan and come up short.
I mentioned 2 months ago that Giants would jump over some teams, the GODS have smiled on their start to the season including next game v Thomson who looked cooked with injuries and recruits looking to get out. If they win after the bye ,5th is theirs to take with 34 points probably enough this season in a congested middle of table
They have an X factor up their sleeve as well , whether they use it or not wait and see

Belmont is shot. Too many distractions. It is never their fault when something goes wrong ,on and off field.
Hope Bannockburn and BPH can get Nth Shore to release Miller and James into their squads, but not holding my breathe on goodwill from North Shore to allow
Inverleigh Bannockburn are best squads set up for ultimate success in 2017.
The bottom half of ladder sides will continue to mix results ,pinching games from each other for the remainder of the season. Reckon with the exception of Corio everyone wil get minimum 5 -8 wins, but unfortunately their will be 25 goal plus beltings aplenty given out from the top 3 down the stretch again
Good luck to interleague players, stay healthy, have a free jumper , feed and couple of drinks on the league and hope the other mob don't take it too seriously

Last edited:
Listened to Hash tag radio show for the first time, the boys leak out some gold nuggets in between a lot of narcissism and in jokes only they get. But they have their finger on the pulse of the local footy scene
Love the fact the GDFL executive have clearly set their boundaries to the AFL Barwon on what will happen to our competition. 12/14/team competition or when 16 occur in future then divisions will be considered ✅
Learnt that the Panthers rebuild is going well as a club for longevity BUT they can't win the flag this year without 2 extra A grade recruits. They had everything in their favour on the weekend, home ground, injuries to opponents and weather to suit their game plan and come up short.
I mentioned 2 months ago that Giants would jump over some teams, the GODS have smiled on their start to the season including next game v Thomson who looked cooked with injuries and recruits looking to get out. If they win after the bye ,5th is theirs to take with 34 points probably enough this season in a congested middle of table
They have an X factor up their sleeve as well , whether they use it or not wait and see

Belmont is shot. Too many distractions. It is never their fault when something goes wrong ,on and off field.
Hope Bannockburn and BPH can get Nth Shore to release Miller and James into their squads, but not holding my breathe on goodwill from North Shore to allow
The bottom half of ladder sides will continue to mix results ,pinching games from each other for the remainder of the season. Reckon with the exception of Corio everyone wil get minimum 5 -8 wins, but unfortunately their will be 25 goal plus beltings aplenty given out from the top 3 down the stretch again
Good luck to interleague players, stay healthy, have a free jumper , feed and couple of drinks on the league and hope the other mob don't take it too seriously
Which Thomson recruits are wanting out?

got ne mail on winch coz I had them finishing 5th bt rekon they might be pretenders with the last few results. werribee the top now.

what x factor u talking about at west?
some1 tell brent mcleod if he leaves grove to stop chasin pay cheques n go play gfl.

Last edited:
got ne mail on winch coz I had them finishing 5th bt rekon they might be pretenders with the last few results. werribee the top now.

what x factor u talking about at west?
some1 tell brent mcleod if he leaves grove to stop chasin pay cheques n go play gfl.

Fossil is going to build Winchelsea the right way longterm, one bad night followed by away loss on a shitty windy day won't affect his planning long term. 5th can be a poisonous chalice in this competition, clubs thinking they are closer than reality really is.
Thomson/CDFL links are the weakest in its chain. That competition pays overs for average footballers or reputations. Ruins the player. No long term loss if people move on with that mentality.
I agree Werribee have the 4th/5th best list but won't make it this season due to injuries and the rolling draw factor. Watch out 2018
My Giants info remains X, until required or relevant. Neither are unless/if they defeat Thomson. They have the long term vision in their current administration.

Fossil is going to build Winchelsea the right way longterm, one bad night followed by away loss on a shitty windy day won't affect his planning long term. 5th can be a poisonous chalice in this competition, clubs thinking they are closer than reality really is.
Thomson/CDFL links are the weakest in its chain. That competition pays overs for average footballers or reputations. Ruins the player. No long term loss if people move on with that mentality.
I agree Werribee have the 4th/5th best list but won't make it this season due to injuries and the rolling draw factor. Watch out 2018
My Giants info remains X, until required or relevant. Neither are unless/if they defeat Thomson. They have the long term vision in their current administration.

been hangin around the playground too long.. we r on here for to inform and discuss. none of this 'i kno sumthing u dont kno.. bt cant tel ya'
break the news

Gutless Dog Act by McLeod who deliberately fenced his opponent with the intention to hurt the boy, the ball was 3 metres away, then he clapped the player off who was being helped off by his mother who is the trainer, he spent the night in hospital with concussion and suspected broken arm which is now a chipped elbow i believe. I bet pretty boy wouldn't do that up at Bell Post Hill or out at Inverleigh!
No case to answer as expected

I was there mate right on the fence, anyway karma got him out for 6 weeks with a broken finger.
Good waste of $500 for nothing. I'm surprised you could even afford it... Looks like another disgruntled player won't get paid.

Who have they lost that doesn't want to play under Tanner?

Belmont is in a much better state under George and David Marks.
The players that are leaving or don't want to play are weak as piss, James Fisher is one who cracked the shits, we don't need soft utensils like that.
Plenty of kids happy to play for the jumper and GT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for the week??

Anakie over Corio by 32 points
Inverleigh over Winchelsea by 60 Points
Bell Post Hill over North Geelong by 50 points
Bannockburn over East Geelong by 100 points
Geelong West Giants over Thompson by 25 points
Belmont over Werribee by 10 points

Anakie over Corio by 32 points
Inverleigh over Winchelsea by 60 Points
Bell Post Hill over North Geelong by 50 points
Bannockburn over East Geelong by 100 points
Geelong West Giants over Thompson by 25 points
Belmont over Werribee by 10 points

Anakie by45
BPH by 72
Bannock by 100+
Giants by 18
Inverleigh by 85
Werribee by 18

Hi guys,
Enjoy reading through the thread sometimes to hear all things local footy.

Anyone know what the story is with the Blake Millar scenario?

Hearing some stunning accusations, and Ricco didn't seem impressed in the article a few weeks ago

Hi guys,
Enjoy reading through the thread sometimes to hear all things local footy.

Anyone know what the story is with the Blake Millar scenario?

Hearing some stunning accusations, and Ricco didn't seem impressed in the article a few weeks ago
What r u hearing?

Cant go into too much detail, as I'm getting second hand information...

I hope its not true for the sake of the footy club getting itself out of the status of cellar dweller.

However, if it is true I have no idea how AFL Barwon haven't intervened

Cant go into too much detail, as I'm getting second hand information...

I hope its not true for the sake of the footy club getting itself out of the status of cellar dweller.

However, if it is true I have no idea how AFL Barwon haven't intervened
In other words you've got nothing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back