GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're very defensive and touchy about this aren't you! Haha

He would learn a hell of a lot more training and running around in either team at Leopold than playing senior footy and being belted at Portarlington. It's his decision to sit the year out, leopold are just acting well within there rights.
If Leopold's policy and culture is to deny kids a game of footy just to prove a point, and you agree with that, good on you.

If Leopold's policy and culture is to deny kids a game of footy just to prove a point, and you agree with that, good on you.

They run an extremely good club there. In field and off field.
Otis and David Dowd would not refuse someone a clearance against their wishes for no reason. There is clearly more behind this that none of us will actually know.

They run an extremely good club there. In field and off field.
Otis and David Dowd would not refuse someone a clearance against their wishes for no reason. There is clearly more behind this that none of us will actually know.
No there's not any more to it, I can assure you, just pride.....

Ah come on. How can be back your opinion then? You're very critical of everybody else and now you're giving us nothing? I'm a bit disappointed!

Clearly you're a Portarlington Fan and quite possibly related to him.
Give us something here! Haha

Ah come on. How can be back your opinion then? You're very critical of everybody else and now you're giving us nothing? I'm a bit disappointed!

Clearly you're a Portarlington Fan and quite possibly related to him.
Give us something here! Haha
Not related. Yes a Port fan. Not critical of anyone except those that are denying a great kid a game of footy just because he wants to come home to the club he's played at since Under 12's. He's made a mistake, that's all.

You would agree. People with no idea generally just do that.....
Not related. Yes a Port fan. Not critical of anyone except those that are denying a great kid a game of footy just because he wants to come home to the club he's played at since Under 12's. He's made a mistake, that's all.
Go to bed Brock

Hes a ripping kid, like you said, made a mistake and sadly he's just going to have to deal with it at the moment. A year out isn't going to affect his footy massively. Still plenty of footy left in him!

Hes a ripping kid, like you said, made a mistake and sadly he's just going to have to deal with it at the moment. A year out isn't going to affect his footy massively. Still plenty of footy left in him!
Will be remembered as that guy that won 8 b&fs at Port when his career finishes but didnt want to stick it out and test himself against the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe that Leopold wanted Drysdale to clear Ben Carmichael who was contracted. I believe Brock was contracted to port and both clubs released them and now the shoe is on the other foot and they won't clear Brock.

Will be remembered as that guy that won 8 b&fs at Port when his career finishes but didnt want to stick it out and test himself against the best.
Like you'd know. Lol.
You'll be hanging it on Josh Finch and other loyal footballers as well I assume, be consistent....

I find it hard to believe that Leopold wanted Drysdale to clear Ben Carmichael who was contracted. I believe Brock was contracted to port and both clubs released them and now the shoe is on the other foot and they won't clear Brock.
The same team that wouldn't be able to field a 2nd Colts team without Ports help. The same team that threatens young Colts players with suspension because they are needed to fill in at their home clubs senior team? Nothing to do with contracts with that mob. Just put arrogance...

In this instance Drysdale weren't actually going to clear him. They had denied the clearance. The reason he was cleared was because of a meeting with the senior playing group and the committee. The Drysdale players wanted him to leave due to a relationship breakdown after Ben started seeing another players partner.

The same team that wouldn't be able to field a 2nd Colts team without Ports help. The same team that threatens young Colts players with suspension because they are needed to fill in at their home clubs senior team? Nothing to do with contracts with that mob. Just put arrogance...

What about when the shoe is on the other foot? When Port won the Div 3 Colts grand final two years ago wasn't a fair chunk of players from Leopold? I think if you go back and check your facts there has been quite a good relationship between the clubs and without them you would have one less trophy in that cabinet. They are their players at the end of the day, not Ports.

In this instance Drysdale weren't actually going to clear him. They had denied the clearance. The reason he was cleared was because of a meeting with the senior playing group and the committee. The Drysdale players wanted him to leave due to a relationship breakdown after Ben started seeing another players partner.

Yes that's true but they Drysdale still pressed the button to clear him. Maybe Leopold could ask the players but they wouldn't do that as it doesn't suit them.

What about when the shoe is on the other foot? When Port won the Div 3 Colts grand final two years ago wasn't a fair chunk of players from Leopold? I think if you go back and check your facts there has been quite a good relationship between the clubs and without them you would have one less trophy in that cabinet. They are their players at the end of the day, not Ports.
I know more about the facts than you mate, I can assure you of that.
We would have won that flag without those 2 guys..........

Yes that's true but they Drysdale still pressed the button to clear him. Maybe Leopold could ask the players but they wouldn't do that as it doesn't suit them.

Leopold at the time said "if we get him that's a bonus, if they don't clear him that's up to them."
They understand the system.

I know more about the facts than you mate, I can assure you of that.
We would have won that flag without those 2 guys..........

You would be surprised. There was far more than two. I highly doubt you would have without the likes of them e.g. Dylan King, Matt Knowle etc

If they sign a contact it's within the clubs rights to not clear that player. If the club feels they are required then so be it. Its too hard to go out and replace that player this far into the season so the clubs have nothing to lose by not clearing them.
100% agree, a contract should be held otherwise we may as well have handshake agreements, but when can a club be held accountable for its actions?
Can a contract become void if a club doesn't hold up their end of it??? Duty of care, providing a safe workplace etc.

Please explain why Ben left . Did he do a Wayne Carey ?

Ex partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back