GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has the Andrew challis appointment come from?
Havnt heard anything about it?

Viola from g/West. Could he be available for a club. Didn't say he was definitely be having a year off?

You don't want him.
From listening and observing him, he's not worth any money at all let alone letting him be in control and the face of your footy club.

I bet he's a ripping guy away from footy but as a coach, there is much wiser choices out there.

You don't want him.
From listening and observing him, he's not worth any money at all let alone letting him be in control and the face of your footy club.

I bet he's a ripping guy away from footy but as a coach, there is much wiser choices out there.

Corio would have given Challis the title to get him to the club & Ricky will do all the coaching and speeches.

How concrete is the Challis appointment? I was led to believe Nolan had another year to run! Massive coup if this is correct.
Will they be co-coach or Challis one out? Super fit and talented player

I guess its not concrete until it is officially announced but my source seemed pretty certain that it was a done deal....

Who else do you think he could bring with him from his East Geelong days and from Darley where I believe he is currently playing.

I guess its not concrete until it is officially announced but my source seemed pretty certain that it was a done deal....

Who else do you think he could bring with him from his East Geelong days and from Darley where I believe he is currently playing.
I would think alot of water to flow yet under the bridge .East would be mad not to do the same Challis coach .Ric bench coach.Would be a smart choice depending on $$$$$$

Corio would have given Challis the title to get him to the club & Ricky will do all the coaching and speeches.
How about Challis coaching, Ric sitting in the goal square and bringing back all the old players either just finished playing e.g Jason Huhn, Ricky Lazzarich etc or guys playing at other clubs e.g Steve Richert. They might not win a lot of games but at least they can rebuild there culture and be more competitive. This to go with there youngsters and all of a sudden a club on the up again! Just a thought.

Last edited:
How about Challis coaching, Ric sitting in the goal square and bringing back all the old players either just finished playing e.g Jason Huhn, Ricky Lazzarich etc or guys playing at other clubs e.g Steve Richert. They might not win a lot of games but at least they can rebuild there culture and be more competitive. This to go with there youngsters and all of a sudden a club on the up again! Just a thought.

If ric's coaching, how many losses do you give him before he pulls on the red and white again?

If ric's coaching, how many losses do you give him before he pulls on the red and white again?
None, limited pre season, maybe 4-6 weeks then straight into the action round 1. It's his life, lives and breathes the game. Could easily kick a ton if he plays predominantly full forward, as long as the ball gets in there enough! If they could get some of the oldies back as l said before they could be competitive. Imagine the spine if they had Ric at FF, Jase Huhn at CHF, Brad Huhn in Centre, Steve Richert at CHB, Tim Van Zyl at Full Back? Throw in Challis and a couple of other recruits. Get BJ fit and going again and all of a sudden there competitive again. It's wishful thinking but hey nothing wrong with that!!

None, limited pre season, maybe 4-6 weeks then straight into the action round 1. It's his life, lives and breathes the game. Could easily kick a ton if he plays predominantly full forward, as long as the ball gets in there enough! If they could get some of the oldies back as l said before they could be competitive. Imagine the spine if they had Ric at FF, Jase Huhn at CHF, Brad Huhn in Centre, Steve Richert at CHB, Tim Van Zyl at Full Back? Throw in Challis and a couple of other recruits. Get BJ fit and going again and all of a sudden there competitive again. It's wishful thinking but hey nothing wrong with that!!

this is the stupidest thing iv ever read. i hope ur not involvd in any club champ coz with backward steps like that ull b sittin in division 4 for a long time. ruben didnt work n him n the other coach will step down ruben faild 2 bring many n lost a few he woz never the right guy 4 the job... bt leave those other blokes in 2014 ffs. the key to east takin steps fwd is juniors n if its 2 hard to do on there own merge juniors with stalbans like north geelong will do with north shore n west geelong hav done.. i stil cnt believe ur solution is ric smh

this is the stupidest thing iv ever read. i hope ur not involvd in any club champ coz with backward steps like that ull b sittin in division 4 for a long time. ruben didnt work n him n the other coach will step down ruben faild 2 bring many n lost a few he woz never the right guy 4 the job... bt leave those other blokes in 2014 ffs. the key to east takin steps fwd is juniors n if its 2 hard to do on there own merge juniors with stalbans like north geelong will do with north shore n west geelong hav done.. i stil cnt believe ur solution is ric smh
Are you talking about East?

Are you talking about East?
yeh i thort you were talkin about ric at east coz u said he wouldnt pull on the white n red... well u can apply everything i said 2 corio. instead they merge juniors with lara. both can use the kids. bringing bak the has beens is stil a dumb move n bakward step bt corio hav less options than east. corio cant get a good coach extrnally. nobody any good will b dumb enough bt im sik of hearin bour ric, corio is about to set a world record for most presidents across 5 years so i dnt think it matters wat hapens on or off the field corio will b a div 4 side forever until they fold if gdfl arnt their to keep a pulse beating

Not sure where I said he wouldn't pull on the red and white? Where i said "none" referred to the question "lf ric's coaching, how many losses do you give him before he pulls on the red and white again" to which "none" means no losses, he will be there playing round 1. Bringing back the so called has beens is not about winning games. It's about creating stability on and off the ground. Creating a good environment once again, developing juniors, generating turnover, enticing sponsors and members and no longer being a laughing stock. Sure they have had trouble in their hierachy in past years, but geez time to move on from that. Corio need people in there corner. I am sure they are tired of being continuously kicked to the ground, and I'm sure other clubs feel the same way for them. Corio need to prove to the knockers that they can turn it around, and if that means getting some "old has beens" then so be it. They have nothing to lose but everything to gain. And if that means that Corio do happen to turn it around, albeit in Div 4 then so be it. There seems to be a lot of negative attitude towards towards the so called Div 4 but unless you are the "Premier club" in Div 1 then I guess we all have work to do. At the end of the day is Div 3 really going to be some sort of achievement? Is achieving Div 2 status going to be that much better again? Probably not. All we want to see is every club prosper, from your St Joeys and Newtown's all the way down to your Corio's, Newcombs etc. Not to much to ask!

Not sure where I said he wouldn't pull on the red and white? Where i said "none" referred to the question "lf ric's coaching, how many losses do you give him before he pulls on the red and white again" to which "none" means no losses, he will be there playing round 1. Bringing back the so called has beens is not about winning games. It's about creating stability on and off the ground. Creating a good environment once again, developing juniors, generating turnover, enticing sponsors and members and no longer being a laughing stock. Sure they have had trouble in their hierachy in past years, but geez time to move on from that. Corio need people in there corner. I am sure they are tired of being continuously kicked to the ground, and I'm sure other clubs feel the same way for them. Corio need to prove to the knockers that they can turn it around, and if that means getting some "old has beens" then so be it. They have nothing to lose but everything to gain. And if that means that Corio do happen to turn it around, albeit in Div 4 then so be it. There seems to be a lot of negative attitude towards towards the so called Div 4 but unless you are the "Premier club" in Div 1 then I guess we all have work to do. At the end of the day is Div 3 really going to be some sort of achievement? Is achieving Div 2 status going to be that much better again? Probably not. All we want to see is every club prosper, from your St Joeys and Newtown's all the way down to your Corio's, Newcombs etc. Not to much to ask!
Division 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure thats the best strategy. infact im sure thats a bad strategy for any club. u obviusly u giv a s**t n r informed so i dnt get y u wuld suggest sumthing so bakwards. all those guys will want more than they r worth. if they loved the place enuf to do it for free or cheap they wuld b there now. they dnt care anymore. better option wuld be find a gfl player with a good rep n tht will bring half a dozen.. pay him 25g a yr for 4 yrs n all the rest 300 eahc. clear out the trash start all over again. ud throw 40g a yr at nathan peoples or a tony armstrong.. align ur juniors with shore or lara n share the kids. might take time bt ur future proofing the club not just slappin the ric otoole bandaid on for another yr b4 it falls apart again

Division 4?
Maybe a little misunderstood. Was trying to say that if the club were to go to Div 4 but were to become more successful on and off field, then Div 4 as a starting point is not the end of the world. Getting back up the ranks will be no easy feat but by all reports the club will more than likeley start there anyway, which is not what anyone wants, but lets be honest with ourselves, thats where its headed.
I'm not of the opinion a coach, whether playing or non playing would be anywhere near worthy of $40k, l don't think even the top GFL/BFL playing coaches would get anywhere close, but could be wrong. In all seriousness what would a top quality playing coach be worth in the GDFL? Mid to top range GFL player or top end BFL player that is? This is all an opinion, nothing more. I might be completely wrong on some aspects but not all! Thats what makes this forum great!

Yep, that's never going to happen.
The Torquay 2nd side is 10 years away at best, and that's only one team, where do the other 7 teams come from to fill a Division 4?

Lee Hartman really is a flog I'm afraid, and that's me being nice.......
Where did you get 7 teams from?

Current proposal:
Div 1- 10 teams
Div 2- 10 teams
Div 3- 8 teams
Div 4- 6 teams
Currently 34 teams plus 2nd Torquay side means more than likely 1 team would need to go going by the proposal. The maths dont add up Mr Hartman! I'm still for leaving things as they are!

Maybe a little misunderstood. Was trying to say that if the club were to go to Div 4 but were to become more successful on and off field, then Div 4 as a starting point is not the end of the world. Getting back up the ranks will be no easy feat but by all reports the club will more than likeley start there anyway, which is not what anyone wants, but lets be honest with ourselves, thats where its headed.
I'm not of the opinion a coach, whether playing or non playing would be anywhere near worthy of $40k, l don't think even the top GFL/BFL playing coaches would get anywhere close, but could be wrong. In all seriousness what would a top quality playing coach be worth in the GDFL? Mid to top range GFL player or top end BFL player that is? This is all an opinion, nothing more. I might be completely wrong on some aspects but not all! Thats what makes this forum great!

for the sake of guessin lets use paul carson when he came n assume he was gonna coach n still had 4 yrs in him.

lock him in for 60-70 goals as a fwd or in the top few mids in the comp ud be looking at 600 a weke 2 play n a good gdfl coach is on 15g so prolly 25g.
bt if u can get some1 elite to corio n they change the club ud pay watever u hav 2 thomson spend 30g a yr on howell n taylor n they went nowere in 3yrs its all a risk bt my point was id rather spend 40g on a guy like nathan peoples than spend a cent on ric n his mates in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back