GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corio would have given Challis the title to get him to the club & Ricky will do all the coaching and speeches.

Apologies, that was not meant to be aimed at Challis If it came across that way. He's a gun and a good bloke as well. My last post was in regards to The out going GFL west coach.

Last edited:

Yeah, yeah.
They've been saying that about Collendina for years, and Jan Juc, Torquay North.....
Won't happen.

No, no they havent.
Jan Juc wont happen now that Surfcoast Suns (proposed Torquay North) are a reality.

I know for 110% fact mate that the new Ocean Grove team is and will happen. Wont be based out of Collendina oval either. Will be based out of the brand new oval in the new Oakdene Estate. Collendina will be the possible name, there is a committee formed to get the wheels in motion and it is going to happen. If the current structure was going to stay the same, they would be entering into what is currently the GDFL. By that stage it will be Div 3 or 4 depending on numbers.

No, no they havent.
Jan Juc wont happen now that Surfcoast Suns (proposed Torquay North) are a reality.

I know for 110% fact mate that the new Ocean Grove team is and will happen. Wont be based out of Collendina oval either. Will be based out of the brand new oval in the new Oakdene Estate. Collendina will be the possible name, there is a committee formed to get the wheels in motion and it is going to happen. If the current structure was going to stay the same, they would be entering into what is currently the GDFL. By that stage it will be Div 3 or 4 depending on numbers.
Been saying that for years have Collendina.
That new oval isn't fit for Senior footy either, and never will be.

Been saying that for years have Collendina.
That new oval isn't fit for Senior footy either, and never will be.

Collendina have never ever once in their short history had the intention of having a senior football team. Not even a passing thought. The club was formed because Ocean Grove refused to have anything to do with under 12 footy back then. They had the first year and a lot of success, Ocean Grove then jumped on board hence the change from Collendina to Ocean Grove Collendina. The oval at Collendina is way too small for senior footy, its way to small at times for under 14s! The new ground in the Oakdene estate is massive. Its well designed and having the facilities around it from the shopping centre it will be ideal for senior footy. Im not sure why you are scared of change Ros, but sometimes we have to accept that some things are going to be reality. This is one of them.

Punchy, lets assume Dylan Witney comes across (l think he will), and as Ash has stated, he wont be chasing BPH boys that played there this year, you would assume Beau McNamara (ex BPH from 2 years ago) is one of the Grovey boys in the pipeline?
Very unassuming player, quiet in nature, loves a beer, and a ripping bloke! Just gets the job done on the field. Quite often in Grovey's best this year. He is the type of person you want at a footy club. The fact he can play footy is a bonus!
As Rory Nicol from Newcomb has often stated, chase the good people in footy, and if they can play, even better

Punchy, lets assume Dylan Witney comes across (l think he will), and as Ash has stated, he wont be chasing BPH boys that played there this year, you would assume Beau McNamara (ex BPH from 2 years ago) is one of the Grovey boys in the pipeline?
Very unassuming player, quiet in nature, loves a beer, and a ripping bloke! Just gets the job done on the field. Quite often in Grovey's best this year. He is the type of person you want at a footy club. The fact he can play footy is a bonus!
As Rory Nicol from Newcomb has often stated, chase the good people in footy, and if they can play, even better

Well thats a nice mature response, thanks Mr Senior and Junior.
Lets just finish off this season heh mate, leave the silly stuff to the silly season as it gives us all something to do, dont forget tho that anyone playing at the moment is under contract so they cant sign, but Belmont as Ash said must retain most of the list plus any ex disgruntled players plus ex juniors back for 1 pointers plus pick up a couple, next year is a bloody long way off, good luck to the teams this year, I reckon Inva can do it from what i have seen. I am looking forward to the finals and Jason Young getting a win this win against Thomson.....we hope.

Collendina have never ever once in their short history had the intention of having a senior football team. Not even a passing thought. The club was formed because Ocean Grove refused to have anything to do with under 12 footy back then. They had the first year and a lot of success, Ocean Grove then jumped on board hence the change from Collendina to Ocean Grove Collendina. The oval at Collendina is way too small for senior footy, its way to small at times for under 14s! The new ground in the Oakdene estate is massive. Its well designed and having the facilities around it from the shopping centre it will be ideal for senior footy. Im not sure why you are scared of change Ros, but sometimes we have to accept that some things are going to be reality. This is one of them.
I'm not scared of change, just realistic.
Ocean Grove can't sustain 1 team without cheating, so this will never happen.

Thanks Punchy, a more mature approach from me from now on. Let's hope the strugglers can pull their finger out their backsides and do what Geelong West have done and have some sort of relevance again. Good luck against Thomson, it's a good feeling beating those sides from the East side of town!! Hopefully our boys bring home tge chocolates too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously mate everyone's getting sick of the personal vendetta against Ocean Grove, AFL Barwon and such. If you've got something to actually contribute to a discussion then weigh in but otherwise butt out cause it's tiresome you derailing the thread with your own agenda.
I've got opinions, like it or not I don't care.
You just go with the flow.
That's your problem.
I contribute more than you ever have champ, and I know much more about local footy than you ever will.....

I've got opinions, like it or not I don't care.
You just go with the flow.
That's your problem.
I contribute more than you ever have champ, and I know much more about local footy than you ever will.....
F*ck here we go again. All you contribute is a vendetta against afl barwon and the media. You obviously have some underlying issues with everything apart from your own ego and nobody actually gives a f*ck about your opinion as it holds no basis apart from you attacking anyone that disagrees with it.

F*ck here we go again. All you contribute is a vendetta against afl barwon and the media. You obviously have some underlying issues with everything apart from your own ego and nobody actually gives a f*ck about your opinion as it holds no basis apart from you attacking anyone that disagrees with it.
And that post actually added what to the thread?
I have my opinions, you have yours, that's life.

And I don't have to use swear words to cover myself, and for emphasis.......
Just facts.

And that post actually added what to the thread?
I have my opinions, you have yours, that's life.

And I don't have to use swear words to cover myself, and for emphasis.......
Just facts.
... And what did your previous post add?

Just copying me now.
Go away....
Ok so I'll give you your time to shine...
Since this is a gdfl thread, how about you attempt to convince me that one of your gdfl related opinions is correct. I'm happy to be wrong but you also need to afford me the opportunity to respond without you personally attacking me.
Go....

Ok so I'll give you your time to shine...
Since this is a gdfl thread, how about you attempt to convince me that one of your gdfl related opinions is correct. I'm happy to be wrong but you also need to afford me the opportunity to respond without you personally attacking me.
Go....
Gee, you are immature.
Not playing your childish games I'm afraid....
You post what you want, and I'll post what I want, that's how BF threads work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back