GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anakie, Corio and East only hav 1 player each. Thats not well represented in my books. West and Werribee none. obviously the final cut will b made up from the stronger league clubs, but it is a league side. Each club should have minimum 3 players attending the training camps/in a squad of 50. Even if its just for networking or player/club development. Then they can bring info back to their respective clubs and the whole league improves from it.

Wouldn't it be bias to have to pick a certain amount from each club not just the best team? In past years they did that and players who wouldn't get a game at the top teams make up the team. Why should teams that lose by 100 to top teams have a player?

Does the All Australian squad pick players from everyteam? It's not under 10s where everyone gets a go. Jog on

Wouldn't it be bias to have to pick a certain amount from each club not just the best team? In past years they did that and players who wouldn't get a game at the top teams make up the team. Why should teams that lose by 100 to top teams have a player?

Does the All Australian squad pick players from everyteam? It's not under 10s where everyone gets a go. Jog on

The All Australian isnt a great comparison. if youre gonna mount an argument, don't compare apples to oranges.
I wouldnt expect any equality in the GDFL team of the year. But this team isnt built on paper. its made to give an on field account of the league. And should include leaders from every club in the league. youre saying just coz werribee lost by 100 points to thompson last week their leaders and best players couldn't contribute to the interleague squad of 50? Small minded views Phantom.

Pick the best players for the team you want regardless of team. Ppl will whinge either way. The coach has a job to win not provide some cellar dwellers with some experience of going to training with better players.
My point was they pick the best team for AA, not trying to represent the whole league. Same if they picked the team to go Ireland, how many Carlton or Brisbane players would be picked compared to hawthorn?

Anakie, Corio and East only hav 1 player each. Thats not well represented in my books. West and Werribee none. obviously the final cut will b made up from the stronger league clubs, but it is a league side. Each club should have minimum 3 players attending the training camps/in a squad of 50. Even if its just for networking or player/club development. Then they can bring info back to their respective clubs and the whole league improves from it.
You said "not represented" not "well represented". Two very different statements.

Was told the players were asked if they wanted to play also so we wouldn't know who said no .
Yep, that's always the case with interleague so their not publishing an initial list only to then having to replace a dozen blokes.

Think the interleague squad should be the best available players. Understand quite a few players would enjoy the week off and let thier bodies recuperate and dont find it beneficial for them but for some it is good to play at a bit of a higher standard. Whether each team is represented i dont have a problem with. The only way that could maybe change is if each club nominates there best 2 players to be in the initial squad and the rest be chosen. In the end they will get cut anyway.

Onto the weekend previous, inverliegh being 32 points down at quarter time to win is a great effort regardless of a breeze. Bph put another good win on the board, sounded a bit fiery. Inverliegh and bannockburn is a cracker this week. Really see where bannockburn are

Bannockburn are going well but they are not as good as this time last year although have got Tom, Tyquin and Milburn they have not covered their outs in Curtis, Mullane-Grant, Hickleton, Nic Peters and Burke. Expect hill to get cracking in Next few weeks they are clearly still the bench mark

Think the interleague squad should be the best available players. Understand quite a few players would enjoy the week off and let thier bodies recuperate and dont find it beneficial for them but for some it is good to play at a bit of a higher standard. Whether each team is represented i dont have a problem with. The only way that could maybe change is if each club nominates there best 2 players to be in the initial squad and the rest be chosen. In the end they will get cut anyway.

Onto the weekend previous, inverliegh being 32 points down at quarter time to win is a great effort regardless of a breeze. Bph put another good win on the board, sounded a bit fiery. Inverliegh and bannockburn is a cracker this week. Really see where bannockburn are
Best available what a joke if you look at the list, 14 players have not been in there clubs best players this year, 13 players once, 13 players twice , and only 1 player been in the best for the 3 games, there are some players there that i think have run there race as inter league players, this list surely has not been picked on form but reputation.

Bannockburn are going well but they are not as good as this time last year although have got Tom, Tyquin and Milburn they have not covered their outs in Curtis, Mullane-Grant, Hickleton, Nic Peters and Burke. Expect hill to get cracking in Next few weeks they are clearly still the bench mark

Any news on when and if Matt Jones will be taking the field for BPH?

Best available what a joke if you look at the list, 14 players have not been in there clubs best players this year, 13 players once, 13 players twice , and only 1 player been in the best for the 3 games, there are some players there that i think have run there race as inter league players, this list surely has not been picked on form but reputation.

I get your point but 'the best' players in the paper are in no way representative of form. I know clubs who purposely leave players out to mask the attention players get. You also get role players in the best etc. it's hard on 3 games with such a lop sided league, some teams played no one good or maybe 1 team so too early for form. The best player for west might be 14th for Bannock.

Name who you put in and take out? Again don't know who said no

I get your point but 'the best' players in the paper are in no way representative of form. I know clubs who purposely leave players out to mask the attention players get. You also get role players in the best etc. it's hard on 3 games with such a lop sided league, some teams played no one good or maybe 1 team so too early for form. The best player for west might be 14th for Bannock.

Sulics, Barlow, Ellmer, lentini, Edge, Blair, Logue, Lymer, Peters, Phyllis, Sauni OUT In: Jones, Prymke, Kelly, O'Callaghan, Leamer, Wood for a start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen a few games and the North boys look old and slow, Phillis at Anakie a gun i also seen Beardsell at Anakie coming from GFL surely should get a look in ethridge at BPH only seen 1 game but as a small forward (10goals) and pinch hit on ball and previous gdfl team of year, Carson is good but from all reports a spud this year but he will come good. I think not much scouting of the league has been done surely W`bee have a player that could be of value, just seems that that they are sticking to the past players that have played before (and i might add are getting on) and last years result showed too slow. I have only watched Anakie, Nth Geelong, this year

Sulics, Barlow, Ellmer, lentini, Edge, Blair, Logue, Lymer, Peters, Phyllis, Sauni OUT In: Jones, Prymke, Kelly, O'Callaghan, Leamer, Wood for a start

So take out the best on in the grand final? Isn't that form. You'd only have 2 bph players in the squad? Peters was best on round 1 against bph and leamer was prob worst on last week. Kelly back from overseas for a few days.

Also a few players mentioned I know didn't do much pre season for clubs due to different things so may not be in best shape right now.

See who they pick, can't be worse than last year when some real spuds from lower teams played.

So take out the best on in the grand final? Isn't that form. You'd only have 2 bph players in the squad? Peters was best on round 1 against bph and leamer was prob worst on last week. Kelly back from overseas for a few days.

Also a few players mentioned I know didn't do much pre season for clubs due to different things so may not be in best shape right now.

See who they pick, can't be worse than last year when some real spuds from lower teams played.

Hopefully if there was a bolter from a club then that wouldn't/shouldn't exclude them from making the squad. Is there any rule against that?

Hopefully if there was a bolter from a club then that wouldn't/shouldn't exclude them from making the squad. Is there any rule against that?
Nope not at all. It quite often happens where they add a player or two later on.

each clubs most in form players judged by the 'best' on sportingpulse. Might not mean much but interesting nonetheless;

Anakie- Phillis, White, Illig
Bannackburn- Peters, Fulton
Bell Post- Ettridge, Holzfiend, Lovitt
Belmont- Boal, Augar, Watkins
Corio- J Huhn, Robertson, Cadman
East Geelong- Cox, Rabbas, Barry O'toole
Inverleigh- Diblasio, M Grozdanovski, Hamer
North Geelong- Throw a blanket over them
Thomson- Brent Macleod, Martinu, Sims
Werribee- Nyawela then the field
West Geelong- O'callaghan, Dwyer, Cole
Winchelsea- R Sauni, Carracher, J Smith

Absolute ripper between thomson and bph. Both teams hard at the ball. Thomson may have run out of legs in the end after going into halftime thinking the game was won. Holzfiend is a great pick up for the hill who looks like he wants to play footy again. Games between the top 3 or 4 sides are going to be vital for the double chance come the end of the year

Can anyone deny the top 5 is already set in stone? Possible swapping of a few places, North have an easy draw

Not sure it matters what type of draw north have. They'll be making up numbers as that 5th finalist unless belmont wakes up and takes the 5th spot but doubt it. There just not the same team. Inverliegh have bph and thomson coming up soon and thomson against banno which will shake the top 3 or 4 a bit more

Talk dried up in here.

Huge game today out at inva.

Watched a half of inverleigh and belmont last week and carson threatened to rip the game apart more than he did. Real big job for addie today. Think inverliegh will be too strong especially out there but should be a cracking game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back