GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk dried up in here.

Huge game today out at inva.

Watched a half of inverleigh and belmont last week and carson threatened to rip the game apart more than he did. Real big job for addie today. Think inverliegh will be too strong especially out there but should be a cracking game

Ive seen them both recently, BPH by 6 goals, we will see what sort of a judge I am come 5pm.

PS RIP Hot Dog from Anakie, great bloke, great clubman, great burgers.

Ive seen them both recently, BPH by 6 goals, we will see what sort of a judge I am come 5pm.

PS RIP Hot Dog from Anakie, great bloke, great clubman, great burgers.

Bang on with the hill. Cracking game. Windy conditions made it tough, two hard at it sides. Carson went down early which made it tough and bph had wood, tarr and kelly not playing. Bit of a recurring theme with inverliegh for 3 or 4 players but they will want to maybe change their thinking of intimidation tactics, against a battle tested side like bph where it doesnt work its more than likely going to cost them big time with a few goals if they make a grand final and ultimately could be the flag.

Aftee the break we have thomson suit up against bannockburn and then inverliegh. Good two weeks of football

Not sure it matters what type of draw north have. They'll be making up numbers as that 5th finalist unless belmont wakes up and takes the 5th spot but doubt it. There just not the same team. Inverliegh have bph and thomson coming up soon and thomson against banno which will shake the top 3 or 4 a bit more

KRock Footy:

DANIEL Kee has stepped down as coach of North Geelong.

Magpies president Jason Habib confirmed this morning that Kee met with the club earlier this week to confirm his resignation for personal reasons.

KRock Footy:

DANIEL Kee has stepped down as coach of North Geelong.

Magpies president Jason Habib confirmed this morning that Kee met with the club earlier this week to confirm his resignation for personal reasons.

Anyone know the story behind this if any?

It said he has O.P & will need an operation so needs to focus on that as coaching takes up alot of time

Is he still involved in the club at all? I would have to think theres a bit more to it then the osteitis pubis. Think that might be just the excuse to everyone else. Could be just that but was seeing if anyone knew a bit more

Why quit as coach it's a lot easier to be just coach than playing coach

I agree its easier im only going off what i read but i would imagine it is a hell of alot of hours if you are a good coach to put in on a weekly basis and if he has alot of rehab to do plus work then i would imagine its eating into his private life

Werribee host North Geelong this week, could be an interesting game ....... anyone give Centrals a chance, they are only 4pts off 5th?

I dont think they are a realistic chance.
They could push for a long time though.
Fantastic effort from a young team down at the duck pond. Had a heap of blokes leave and went with youth. Great to see so many guys playing in both grades that are products of a solid junior program.
Big tick to the guys leading the club.
Seem to have the ducks in a row at the moment.
Not finals material just yet but give them time and 2 or 3 quality inclusions over next couple of years and they will be back up playing some consistent footy against the stronger clubs.
✔✔✔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super quiet on here for the last month so thought I would ramp things up again....
With the top 5 now set, are Thomson and North just making up the numbers?
Will anyone get close to Brent Macleod in the Whitley Medal?
Any truth to the rumor that Jase Tom is struggling week to week with his injury and Tyquin is out for the season?

Super quiet on here for the last month so thought I would ramp things up again....
With the top 5 now set, are Thomson and North just making up the numbers?
Will anyone get close to Brent Macleod in the Whitley Medal?
Any truth to the rumor that Jase Tom is struggling week to week with his injury and Tyquin is out for the season?

Thomson "MacLeod" Tigers single handledly took on and beat Belmont on the weekend, watched the game, Brent will win the Whitley and the Goal Kicking, cocky bugger tho but good luck to him. His brother is a bloody good player too. BPH v Inverleigh granny for mine but the elimination final North v MacLeods could be the game of the finals.

Surely bannock over Thomson and north, those two don't quite have enough depth in the backline. The banno boys have been given no credit thus far this season despite knocking off perennial premiers bell post.

Thomson "MacLeod" Tigers single handledly took on and beat Belmont on the weekend, watched the game, Brent will win the Whitley and the Goal Kicking, cocky bugger tho but good luck to him. His brother is a bloody good player too. BPH v Inverleigh granny for mine but the elimination final North v MacLeods could be the game of the finals.
o

Tips for this week:
Bannockburn by 24pts
BPH by 30pts
No surprises with the Whitley medal, an amazing effort for anyone to kick 90 goaks in a season, never mind a bloke playing 50-60% in the midfield! Congrats to Macleod!

watched all finals thus far, after this weeks results, Bannockburn red hot favourites, Thomson bad luck, Macleod best in league by a mile but must perform in the big ones (maybe the week got to him) Inverleigh still can win it but with hotheads in Hutchinson and Achenni maybe there downfall, Bell Post Hill they have several players in the forward line that can kick a score but after 2 weeks not enough from Costello and Page and with an injury to Barlow. Grand final will be Bannockburn V Inverleigh with the tigers victors by 6 goals.

Great weekend of footy. Banno looked great with the week off, real fresh. Tyquin was everywhere and jake peters first half set up the whole game. Inverleigh looked borderline shocked when banno put the burners on in that 2nd quarter. Going to be tough to beat if banno come to play like that in 2 weeks time. Have also heard whispers its going to be tough for brauman to be right in 2 weeks time?

Bph werent mucking round sunday to book in a another match up with inverliegh. Intensity was high and pressure everywhere. They played well in containing brent mcleod who plays like he needs to do everything. I dont know many within the thomson inner sanctum but there comes a time where they surely have to be embarrassed by jackson mcleod and his antics, cant control himself on multiple occassions and theres no place in football for his dirty sniping ways. If i was jacko id be more worried about getting a kick against a good defender

What are peoples thoughts on the upcoming inverliegh and bph match up. Can either trouble bannockburn?

Newbie spot on, surely inverliegh must be worried having achenni so deep in defense with any free kick or 50 most likely becoming goals

I think BPH will have the goods when it really matters. There depth and overall eveness over the whole ground will be the factor on Saturday. Remember you are only as good as your bottom 4-5 players and this is where BPH's strength lies. They say forwards kick goals and backs win matches, and I think BPH's backs will out do Inverleigh's forwards. Cam Addie has got the better of Carson throughout the season but St Albans is a different ground altogether, more space for him to lead into and therefore more contest in the air. Should be a great contest between these two. Joel Page is going to be super hard to stop up forward and if David Holzfiend plays anywhere near his best, might end up with leather poisoning. Will start in the middle, Huybens v Lovitt with Huybens to be more effective around the ground however wont be enough to get them over the line. BPH by 6 goals plus.

Have Inver failed in not making the Grand final this year after going out and buying Carson in the hope of winning a flag? Where to now for Inver? Will they try and get Dale Carson??

Don't be surprised to see East Geelong with a new coach next year.

I think Banno will win the Saturday.

Have Inver failed in not making the Grand final this year after going out and buying Carson in the hope of winning a flag? Where to now for Inver? Will they try and get Dale Carson??

Don't be surprised to see East Geelong with a new coach next year.

I think Banno will win the Saturday.
Surely they will approach Dale Carson, they need to get bigger bodies around the contest, I think they cant rely on speed alone to get them over the line. Having said that, do they approach a guy who is at the end of his career or go with someone younger who can stick around for a few more years and perhaps one day coach and lead the club for years to come? I would prefer the younger approach and more than likely, hopefully stick around for years to come.
Not sure on the East situation, the problem there is the juniors or lack of! They have a great, committed committee but to attract players they need to recruit from outside. The juniors they have brought into the seniors in recent years are great young kids, but as for delivering them success, I'm not to sure.
It wont be long until silly season starts and all the rumours and innuendo about who is going here and who is going where fires up.
As for this week, BPH by a kick in one of the more exciting GF's in recent years. Hopefully its a shootout!

I did hear a rumour that the Corio footy club is in big financial trouble. Some players haven't been paid a cent this season. The players had been told they would be paid on presentation night but this didn't happen. I know the silly season has started but I hope this isn't true.

Surely they will approach Dale Carson, they need to get bigger bodies around the contest, I think they cant rely on speed alone to get them over the line. Having said that, do they approach a guy who is at the end of his career or go with someone younger who can stick around for a few more years and perhaps one day coach and lead the club for years to come? I would prefer the younger approach and more than likely, hopefully stick around for years to come.
Not sure on the East situation, the problem there is the juniors or lack of! They have a great, committed committee but to attract players they need to recruit from outside. The juniors they have brought into the seniors in recent years are great young kids, but as for delivering them success, I'm not to sure.
It wont be long until silly season starts and all the rumours and innuendo about who is going here and who is going where fires up.
As for this week, BPH by a kick in one of the more exciting GF's in recent years. Hopefully its a shootout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back