GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resigned, as in no longer coaching. Or re-signed as in extended their contracts?

Would find it odd, if they were given the door considering their rapid improvement over the last few years.

Have heard the same, thomson keen to move on. Pretty surprising the past 2 years. Must have something in the pipeline. Heard also justin white and holwell maybe back to drysy?

According to social media the Panthers have appointed past player/captain Brad Martin as Coach fo season 2017. Good football brain whom the group trust and get along with
No assistants announced , maybe that will be the outside influence they advertised for?

According to social media the Panthers have appointed past player/captain Brad Martin as Coach fo season 2017. Good football brain whom the group trust and get along with
No assistants announced , maybe that will be the outside influence they advertised for?
Is there any news on whether Stoofa will be hanging around to oversee the fitness of the playing group as in previous years prior to coaching?

what about dylan smith , ryan robertson goose dylan shelley brian devlin luke cornwell,jeremy large good young players who you would want to keep around the club another year or 2 in them they will be good players then you have players in there 2s good enough to play ones like blake podnar ridley and marlin nobby if need be they won 4 games this year and lost 5 by under a goal they turn those 5 and 4 they won into wins plus a extra 2 they will b pushing finals next year evrey year people bag corio i love playing them and watching them if they get a permant ruckman next year keep there list with a few extras comeing in they will be pushing for a top 5 finish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a matter of time before merger talks start with another northern suburb football team.
Nev was howled down a few years back for even considering talking about it openly but after the last few committees now disbanding now it may be time to put it on the agenda for the club members.
Or just maybe turn it into a junior club for members in the area taking the money out of the equation for a while. Just administrate and coach the kids in the region well

Corio's president and coach are both gone.
3 different coaches in 2 years
4 different presidents in 3 years
Time for the GDFL to step in before there is no Corio.
Maybe the GDFL or anybody for that matter should ask the 3 different Coaches and the 4 different Presidents what there views on the continuing problems are at Corio land I suspect there is a underlying cultural problem and some long term Corio people that need to be moved on.

They have a junior Coach suspended indefinitely and AFL Barwon have investigated junior players from Corio that are facing suspensions.

Just been reading updates on Facebook. Matthew Worland is returning he will add some class.
Returning from where? Getting on a bit, can be classy but from what I remember, really disinterested, no second efforts and no forward pressure. Hope he proves me wrong, but wouldnt count on him to win games.
As I said, hope he proves me wrong!

Returning from where? Getting on a bit, can be classy but from what I remember, really disinterested, no second efforts and no forward pressure. Hope he proves me wrong, but wouldnt count on him to win games.

What I remember is he can play forward or back with a good footy brain.

Matty main asset as a recruit for Winchelsea is his social networks
His body should be fresh after not playing too much footy due to his sport radio career over the past years. Watch this space as more high profile friends of his that can and have played the game at a high standard consider joining

Only a matter of time before merger talks start with another northern suburb football team.
Nev was howled down a few years back for even considering talking about it openly but after the last few committees now disbanding now it may be time to put it on the agenda for the club members.
Or just maybe turn it into a junior club for members in the area taking the money out of the equation for a while. Just administrate and coach the kids in the region well
A YOUNG Corio man has fronted court over an alleged attack that left a man looking like this.
The image, exclusively obtained by the Geelong Advertiser, shows the extent of Hamlyn Heights man Wally Janeczko’s injuries immediately after an alleged assault by a stranger in his home.
Kyle Elston, 19, of Lofty Ct, Corio, was arrested early yesterday in relation to an alleged home violent home invasion and then faced Geelong Magistrates’ Court.
Police will allege Mr Elston visited... the Chaucer St address on August 22, where he threatened Mr Janeczko’s 93-year-old father with a knife before flooding the property to lure him outside.
They will allege he then entered the home and set upon Mr Janeczko, beating him in the head in front of his father and leaving him injured with severe bruising and swelling.
He allegedly used a knife to cut the 67-year-old’s wallet from his back pocket.
At the time, Mr Janeczko’s father ran out of the home to get help from a neighbour who raised the alarm.
Days later a bruised and battered Mr Janeczko told the media he was “in a lot of pain” after the alleged attack which he believed had lasted more than 20 minutes.
Mr Elston has been charged with aggravated burglary, armed robbery, intentionally cause injury, recklessly cause injury and assault with a weapon.
During his filing hearing on Friday he wore a black T-shirt and jeans and looked around the courtroom where a woman, who is believed to be known to him, held a baby up to the dock.
His lawyer, Stephanie Mawby, said her client had not been in custody before.
When asked by Magistrate Ann McGarvie about any custody management issues, the court was told Mr Elston was withdrawing from ice, marijuana and alcohol.
Mr Elston made no application for bail and was remanded in custody for a committal mention on January 13.
Ms McGarvie said Mr Elston’s lawyer was likely to apply for bail before that date.

See More

A YOUNG Corio man has fronted court over an alleged attack that left a man looking like this.
The image, exclusively obtained by the Geelong Advertiser, shows the extent of Hamlyn Heights man Wally Janeczko’s injuries immediately after an alleged assault by a stranger in his home.
Kyle Elston, 19, of Lofty Ct, Corio, was arrested early yesterday in relation to an alleged home violent home invasion and then faced Geelong Magistrates’ Court.
Police will allege Mr Elston visited... the Chaucer St address on August 22, where he threatened Mr Janeczko’s 93-year-old father with a knife before flooding the property to lure him outside.
They will allege he then entered the home and set upon Mr Janeczko, beating him in the head in front of his father and leaving him injured with severe bruising and swelling.
He allegedly used a knife to cut the 67-year-old’s wallet from his back pocket.
At the time, Mr Janeczko’s father ran out of the home to get help from a neighbour who raised the alarm.
Days later a bruised and battered Mr Janeczko told the media he was “in a lot of pain” after the alleged attack which he believed had lasted more than 20 minutes.
Mr Elston has been charged with aggravated burglary, armed robbery, intentionally cause injury, recklessly cause injury and assault with a weapon.
During his filing hearing on Friday he wore a black T-shirt and jeans and looked around the courtroom where a woman, who is believed to be known to him, held a baby up to the dock.
His lawyer, Stephanie Mawby, said her client had not been in custody before.
When asked by Magistrate Ann McGarvie about any custody management issues, the court was told Mr Elston was withdrawing from ice, marijuana and alcohol.
Mr Elston made no application for bail and was remanded in custody for a committal mention on January 13.
Ms McGarvie said Mr Elston’s lawyer was likely to apply for bail before that date.

See More

What's that got to do with anything? According to SportingPulse, this kid hasn't played in four years so it's irrelevant.

What's that got to do with anything? According to SportingPulse, this kid hasn't played in four years so it's irrelevant.
15 games in 2015, could play ok, not the clubs fault he went off the rails, but a coach of any player is there mentor and a father figure something that corio juniors have lacked

15 games in 2015, could play ok, not the clubs fault he went off the rails, but a coach of any player is there mentor and a father figure something that corio juniors have lacked
Don't agree at all. A junior coach can "control" a young bloke for 5-6 hours a week (2 x training sessions and 1 match) for 6 months of the year, that's it. What they do outside of that is neither the clubs nor the coaches responsibility whatsoever. Where's his parents, his brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties? They are responsible, oh and the kid himself. It's always someone else's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back