Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie2015

Rookie
Nov 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Well said footyman. When is the kid going to take responsibility for his own actions? After all he is 19, which constitutes him being an ADULT!
What has any of this got to do with the Corio Football Club, its administration or its coaches?
Well said footyman. When is the kid going to take responsibility for his own actions? After all he is 19, which constitutes him being an ADULT!
What has any of this got to do with the Corio Football Club, its administration or its coaches?
All the top clubs keep an eye on there players that are prone to be heading in the wrong direction even in the off season, something obviously Corio and the lower division sides don`t do

gdfl follower

Senior List
Jan 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
All the top clubs keep an eye on there players that are prone to be heading in the wrong direction even in the off season, something obviously Corio and the lower division sides don`t do

Clubs can not monitor what young kids or even adults do in all their time away from the club..

Good and bad clubs in all leagues and standards have off field problems with people, major or minor and whether they like to admit it or not. Clubs with less success have the spotlight shun a bit more bright.

Regardless the club isnt held responsible,

B.O.G

Senior List
Feb 14, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi guys,

Just trying to get a bit of info from other leagues in regards to electronic scoreboards.

Do all teams in your comp have them? is their many teams looking to get them?

of the teams who have them, do people rate them?

Cheers

demon14

Rookie
Feb 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys,

Just trying to get a bit of info from other leagues in regards to electronic scoreboards.

Do all teams in your comp have them? is their many teams looking to get them?

of the teams who have them, do people rate them?

Cheers

Most teams in the BFL have them with some quite simple with just text and numbers but others can show photos and animations (Torquay & Ocean Grove)
Only thing I would say is stay away from red coloured text, especially if it faces into the sun later into the afternoon. It's very hard to read.

Leo the Lion

Debutant
Mar 31, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Mikali Harrison from belmont is going to North Shore.
No real loss if this is the case,a great kid,but really plays for himself rather than the team.Davenport would need to set stringent ground rules right from the start.Im tipping that even at North Shore this kid will play a fair bit of reserves football,will find it all too hard and want to go back to Belmont Lions.I hope I'm wrong as I would like too see him set it alight at the top level and help Shore to climb the GFL ladder

Kick it forward

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
No real loss if this is the case,a great kid,but really plays for himself rather than the team.Davenport would need to set stringent ground rules right from the start.Im tipping that even at North Shore this kid will play a fair bit of reserves football,will find it all too hard and want to go back to Belmont Lions.I hope I'm wrong as I would like too see him set it alight at the top level and help Shore to climb the GFL ladder

That's an interesting view. When I have seen him play he looks very classy. I think he finished top 10 in the league bnf.

Kick it forward

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Leo I heard today that Brodie Edge is not playing in season 2017? He would be a big loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sportsman89

Draftee
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Very interesting view.
being his only what 20-21
And finished the highest for Belmont in the league 2 years straight (top 10) and hasn't hit his prime yet. Also having 3 or 4 junior league medals. I'd say that's a pretty big loss for Belmont

KickittoRAZ

Debutant
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Big news if Leamer to Inverleigh is true, anyone back this up? If 5-6 others are out the door then not great signs for Tanner.

Harrison could benefit a lot from the tutelage of someone like Davenport but could be in for a wake up call at a higher level.

stewart dew

Senior List
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Doggy Ryan appointed North coach 2017 after a thorough search of the region for the best candidate according to Geelong Addy.
Translation.. His brother was in charge of appointing a coach. Nobody else wants to coach that shithole arrogant club on the way down the ladder so he begged his brother to take the job

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Doggy Ryan appointed North coach 2017 after a thorough search of the region for the best candidate according to Geelong Addy.
Translation.. His brother was in charge of appointing a coach. Nobody else wants to coach that shithole arrogant club on the way down the ladder so he begged his brother to take the job
geeze bit harsh...no need to go all out against them. On another note, alex Gubbins from grovey to winch. Good pick up and should play interleague if the selectors are switched on.

Fantastic Fox

Debutant
Sep 7, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Disagree. North have bottomed out already. Missing the finals is the equivalent of their wooden spoon in the context of the competition and I don't expect that to happen on Doggys watch.
The committee should be able to focus more on the senior team success now the ELITE women's program has been taken off their hands by Geelong FC.
They have active members, good depth in numbers but do get too excited about winning RESERVE premierships in the district comp. If you haven't heard 4 in a row. Going for 5

stewart dew

Senior List
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
bfl bigfooty thread says Brent Mcleod signed at Ocean Grove over the weekend.
some blokes i know at Thomson confirmed. big loss for the interleague squad.. good result for thomson coz i herd hes a huge flog

Leo the Lion

Debutant
Mar 31, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
bfl bigfooty thread says Brent Mcleod signed at Ocean Grove over the weekend.
some blokes i know at Thomson confirmed. big loss for the interleague squad.. good result for thomson coz i herd hes a huge flog
Stewie your right, a guy who should be playing VFL, goes and signs on at BFL level, only ranked by VCFL about 2-3 rungs higher than GDFL. You would think at the very least he would have a crack at GFL. Obviously likes to be a big fish in a small pond, and therefore rightfully deserves to be called a FLOG !!!!!,

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Stewie your right, a guy who should be playing VFL, goes and signs on at BFL level, only ranked by VCFL about 2-3 rungs higher than GDFL. You would think at the very least he would have a crack at GFL. Obviously likes to be a big fish in a small pond, and therefore rightfully deserves to be called a FLOG !!!!!,
Without a doubt GDFL's biggest FLOG

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Big news if Leamer to Inverleigh is true, anyone back this up? If 5-6 others are out the door then not great signs for Tanner.

Harrison could benefit a lot from the tutelage of someone like Davenport but could be in for a wake up call at a higher level.
Not sure what Davenport has got that Tanner hasn't. Davenport is currently coaching the worst team GFL has probably ever seen and they don't seem to be going up in a hurry

Kick it forward

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have heard from both Corio and Belmont people that the gdfl are going to loan them money to pay outstanding player payments and other bills. These clubs are both extremely lucky that the gdfl have so much money.

Sportsman89

Draftee
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure what Davenport has got that Tanner hasn't. Davenport is currently coaching the worst team GFL has probably ever seen and they don't seem to be going up in a hurry
Davenport is coaching in a better league and his also a player so he can lead by example and how he wants other to play by demonstrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back