GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anakie have gone backwards. They improved in 2017 and all the pre season talk about them playing finals in 2018 is over. They will again be a bottom 4 side.

Played with them in Geelong, that nails it down to about 40 blokes lol, no longer play now but still follow GDFL pretty closely
This is what Swamp Dog is on about.
I'm definitely on the money here with Jase Young.
Ex Corio boy, now at Belmont. Works in the canteen, eats a bit! Talks the Talk, doesn't walk the walk. FACT

This is what Swamp Dog is on about.
I'm definitely on the money here with Jase Young.
Ex Corio boy, now at Belmont. Works in the canteen, eats a bit! Talks the Talk, doesn't walk the walk. FACT
You sir, are not all there, it’s obvisouly someone that has a tie with inverleigh to give the Bourne’s a wrap, played with them at Corio , wonder who went to inverleigh from there.....

If Jason is at Belmont , I’m not sure why he would rave on about the Bourke brothers being at a different club? Maybe if they played at Belmont a good assumption, it’s obvisouly someone who has a tie with inverleigh/ maybe past Corio, I don’t see why someone from a different club would rave on about them being a gun if they had no association with that club?
My initial comment was, exceptional footballers and ripping blokes. I can absolutely assure you all I am not Jason and I am not associated with Inverleigh.
I will say I am gob smacked at the fuss over this but all in good fun, good for a laugh and keeps things interesting.
As for raving on about the Bourkes, I just appreciate good, hard footballers, they were fun to watch. Bit of madness mixed with talent

Anakie have gone backwards. They improved in 2017 and all the pre season talk about them playing finals in 2018 is over. They will again be a bottom 4 side.

Mick Leamer got 2 weeks, could be an interesting clash under lights Sat night - Giants v Lions....
Also last crack for Anakie? v Werribee, Winch host North? Thomson Host Bannock?
Thoughts and winners?
Corio cop BPH and East have to go to Inverleigh.

Mick Leamer got 2 weeks, could be an interesting clash under lights Sat night - Giants v Lions....
Also last crack for Anakie? v Werribee, Winch host North? Thomson Host Bannock?
Thoughts and winners?
Corio cop BPH and East have to go to Inverleigh.

Are Winch a legitimate top 3 chance this year or is it too early to call. Good wins against Thomson and Bannockburn but stunk it up against the Giants.

Are Winch a legitimate top 3 chance this year or is it too early to call. Good wins against Thomson and Bannockburn but stunk it up against the Giants.

You would have to say yes. Everyone had inver and bph top 2 with banno and Thomson fighting for 3rd and Winch beat both of them. Winch only play inver and bph once so they are right in the mix for finals and top 3

You would have to say yes. Everyone had inver and bph top 2 with banno and Thomson fighting for 3rd and Winch beat both of them. Winch only play inver and bph once so they are right in the mix for finals and top 3

100% yes and would be aiming for finals within thier group but I'd say after Thomson and banno wins secretly thinking top 3. bit of a 2 totally different halves with bph and inverliegh. Few guys from both sides to come back in, hopefully couple more cracker meetings between them to come. Any word on how challis is going with corio's group ? Bit of a spanking to belmont

It's great to see the best players wanting to play interleague. The biggest concern is a lack of a quality ruckman.

Correct. Wilson just isn’t up to it

JKH looks in a fair bit of trouble. Could barely walk coming off the ground. They knew he was sore, why would McDowell risk him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the hit by Bourke on Stack at the 21min mark of the last qtr Corio v Inver, league reckons no case to answer, looks like a bit of favouritism creeping in here. Full blown front on head high shirt front an no case to answer, Bull s**t, league needs to have a second look at this one but I bet they won't.
Corio should challenge it.

Anyone see the hit by Bourke on Stack at the 21min mark of the last qtr Corio v Inver, league reckons no case to answer, looks like a bit of favouritism creeping in here. Full blown front on head high shirt front an no case to answer, Bull s**t, league needs to have a second look at this one but I bet they won't.
Corio should challenge it.

If AFL Barwon don't take a second look at this there is something wrong !!! with the system its worth 2 weeks all day long it is a 20 mtr charge head high Come On AFL Barwon.

Watched Winch on the weekend, they are a good, quick, well coached side, no 3 Foot (I think) is a gun.
Interested to see if they can knock off BPH at home this week, will be a good game.

Other interesting games....
Giants host Inva ???? margin hawks way?
Anakie host East???
Bannock host Lions...
North host Centrals???
Thomson v Corio...

Watched Winch on the weekend, they are a good, quick, well coached side, no 3 Foot (I think) is a gun.
Interested to see if they can knock off BPH at home this week, will be a good game.

Anakie host East???
Bannock host Lions...
North host Centrals???
Thomson v Corio...

Bph over Winch 18 pts
Inverleigh to beat Giants 50 pts
East over Anakie 5pts
Bannock over Lions 80pts
Nth Geel to beat Werribee 9pts
Thomson to thump Corio 150pts.

Anakie host East???
Bannock host Lions...
North host Centrals???
Thomson v Corio...
His mame is Will Ford. South Barwon junior, went to Barwon Heads for last few years of colts. Played some 1's at The Heads and a few colts games. Can certainly play! Could be heading towards 60-70 goals for the season from a kid who is just 18 or 19 years old.
Was a bit of a hot head in juniors but has got that out of his game. Credit must also go to Brendan Forrsman. A great teacher of young players. Takes more than just holding up a white board to be able to coach successfully.

Thoughts on the round?
Great to see Anakie finally get the break through, Plenty of noise about Winch now too.

That is surely the top five locked away now. In what order it will stay im not sure but we certainly have our finals contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back