GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior v Junior

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
What about Adam Wiseman for Thomson coach????
Has connections at both South Barwon and Barwon Heads. Not sure if his work commitments would allow for such, but l would be going hard for Wizza.

beaublazer

Debutant
Jan 12, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I would assume he is just tyre kicking but apparently Matt Tyquin is in talks with Winchelsea. Would be a strange move considering what he achieved at Bannockburn this year so might just be talk. Think it had something to do with employment as well.

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would assume he is just tyre kicking but apparently Matt Tyquin is in talks with Winchelsea. Would be a strange move considering what he achieved at Bannockburn this year so might just be talk. Think it had something to do with employment as well.

Matt Tyquin has been chased hard a number of times over the last few years but always stays at Banno.
Hopefully he stays there, still nice to see loyalty in local footy which is rare these days and unlike the big league, local clubs don’t often dump players so the journey men are just chasing $

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Allfooty77

Rookie
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Early days but anyone able to give me some info on a few clubs in this league? Thinking of coming over due to my work situation changing and looking at Bell Post Hill, North Geelong or Thomson.

I'll be 30 starting next year so I'd probably prefer a slightly older group.
Bit late on this uptake
But western dogand Melbourne saint are on the money I would say east will be a good place next year and pushing to go further in finals in the ones and the twos are in good stead for another really good year.

Bell post have dropped off but know how to win so would also be a good spot but just depends on what your looking for. There are a lot of clubs to look at before you make your choice.

Hawk202

Senior List
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Whats the whispers everyone is hearing?
BPH look like they can make a fairly big return next season. Each year the comp gets better and better.

BUZZ58

Debutant
May 14, 2012
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
They certainly have been active at Myers Reserve and not sure they're finished yet, by all reports a real buzz around the place and woudn't be surprised to here a few more recruits announced in the coming weeks? Can only help the standard of the league. Bennet, Carey, Williams shoud all prove valuable assests to their respective cubs. Be interesting to see who else is coming to the GDFL when clearances open in a few days.

Allfooty77

Rookie
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Few teams have picked some good players so far.
who will be the big movers on the ladder this season?

banno Thompson Werribee winch and east I think will make the top 5 not sure in which order.

PUNCHY

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2007
Belmont Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Few teams have picked some good players so far.
who will be the big movers on the ladder this season?

banno Thompson Werribee winch and east I think will make the top 5 not sure in which order.

Yes that seems a fair assessment plus factor in Anakie and North recruited well and quietly confident plus BPH have reformed the band and then the Giants will be in the mix, gonna be a very even competitive season....

zacjahn18

Draftee
Nov 20, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey guys. First time posting on here. I know this isn't a recruitment or job seeking page but just wanted to put the feelers out here as I don't do facebook and the likes. My wife and I are looking at moving back down to Geelong and will be looking for a club to get involved with. If anyone knows any plumbers who are involved with clubs I'd love to have a chat, hopefully get some work sorted and come down for a kick.
As for footy, I played juniors down here (Sth Barwon, Belmont) then moved to QLD and played senior footy up there (Gladstone, Ipswich) . Had the previous season off due to work commitments in the NT but been running around in the wet season local comp where I work. Any help would be much appreciated, ideally chasing more of a family orientated club as we are expecting our first child in February 👍
Cheers

BUZZ58

Debutant
May 14, 2012
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey guys. First time posting on here. I know this isn't a recruitment or job seeking page but just wanted to put the feelers out here as I don't do facebook and the likes. My wife and I are looking at moving back down to Geelong and will be looking for a club to get involved with. If anyone knows any plumbers who are involved with clubs I'd love to have a chat, hopefully get some work sorted and come down for a kick.
As for footy, I played juniors down here (Sth Barwon, Belmont) then moved to QLD and played senior footy up there (Gladstone, Ipswich) . Had the previous season off due to work commitments in the NT but been running around in the wet season local comp where I work. Any help would be much appreciated, ideally chasing more of a family orientated club as we are expecting our first child in February 👍
Cheers
Bell Post Hill is full of tradies and quite a few little one's running around. Their President is Bill McAuliffe and has his own business - McAuliffe Plumbing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allfooty77

Rookie
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Cheers
If I was you mate I would just go to a few different clubs and train get a feel before just going off what anyone says in here.
You will know what club suits you best after heading to a couple of different ones

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes that seems a fair assessment plus factor in Anakie and North recruited well and quietly confident plus BPH have reformed the band and then the Giants will be in the mix, gonna be a very even competitive season....

Getting the band back together, absolutely perfect assessment of BPH.
Problem is the band is looking a bit like the Rolling Stones

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I do tend to agree a bit. They will be 100% more competitive but I just can’t see them becoming the powerhouse they once were. Not sure what else is left in the well.

Its very easy to slide down the ladder but always difficult getting back up, at least they will be competitive this year which is a good start to build on

BUZZ58

Debutant
May 14, 2012
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Its very easy to slide down the ladder but always difficult getting back up, at least they will be competitive this year which is a good start to build on

[/Q
Tend to agree, but they did lose a lot of quality players and were also smashed by injuries. Early in the year when able to field a team that was close to full strength than ran Bannockburn to a kick and beat Werribee when Centrals were on a roll late in the year. If the 10 or so players that have lodged clearances are grantedl and they stay on the park a return to the finals could be on the cards?

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Same could be said for a number of clubs.
In actual fact if a few of the blokes returning to BPH could have had a crack at their previous club, previous clubs fortunes may have been somewhat different but thats old news now

Lemms

All Australian
May 7, 2007
Birthplace of the Ashes
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rupertswood FNC – 2019 RDFNL Premiers are seeking clubs for practice matches leading into the 2020 season.
All grades of football and Netball are preferable. ( Football Sen, Res U19 and Netball A, B, C & U19).
We are looking at mid to late March as a potential time frame.
Interested clubs please contact Rod – 0478 303 273.

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2020 is finally here, any one prepared to submit predictions for the coming year.
Personally i reckon Blues or Hawks for premiership and the Lions for the spoon, lost a heap of players and no real names to replace them

BUZZ58

Debutant
May 14, 2012
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Brandon Ferfurth signed with Nth Shore. Monfries also a big chance to be there this year.
I know it’s local footy news but probably should be posted on the GFL site. Pretty sure most GDFL followers only interest in North Shore is when one off their players comes to the GDFL or a GDFL players crosses to them.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I know it’s local footy news but probably should be posted on the GFL site. Pretty sure most GDFL followers only interest in North Shore is when one off their players comes to the GDFL or a GDFL players crosses to them.
Sorry - thought it was the same league - so which teams are in the GDFL?

Allfooty77

Rookie
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
2020 is finally here, any one prepared to submit predictions for the coming year.
Personally i reckon Blues or Hawks for premiership and the Lions for the spoon, lost a heap of players and no real names to replace them

Werribee east and banno toP three in no order.
Thompson and the blues finish out the 5

Corio for the spoon

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back