GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Well.

Who saw that coming.

Incredible win, great game, well deserved Banno (and the A netball too) and well coached Riccardi.
Were Thomson cocky or Wiseman loss didnt help?
Will coaches stay on at Thomson? or Brett Macleod back?
Lots of recruiting going on, you can lock Kennedy Hunt to Winch in plus some more handy ones.....

Incredible win, great game, well deserved Banno (and the A netball too) and well coached Riccardi.
Lots of recruiting going on, you can lock Kennedy Hunt to Winch in plus some more handy ones.....

Totally agree Punchy, fantastic game. Don’t think Thomson were cocky, Banno just hung in beautifully all day. I’m sure they would have spoken about trying to get into a position late in the game to challenge and they did it perfectly.
Reece and Squizz have done a great job over 5 years. If that was their last game, I say well done.
How many retirements from both grand final teams? The 2 oldest teams in the comp.
Interesting whispers coming out of Apollo Bay and not all positive!
What makes you think Kennedy-Hunt to Winch?

Id love to dedicate our win over the weekend to a loud mouth former Thomson president and all his middle aged cronies that follow him around week after week.
Cant hide behind the word "passion" when nothing but abuse comes out of that group.
Can only imagine the excuses that have been thrown around since.

Bring on 2020, up the Tiges!

Hawk202 - Heh mate, done deal, plus some handy other additions, flag this post as the earliest prediction in big footy history ha ha, Winch for Premiers or at least granny and I dont particulary like them! Must be some rich farmers down there.....

Speaking of coaches, you would be well placed to know who will coach Belmont next year, c’mon mate let us all in on the secret

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think winchelsea should focus on making finals before being crowned grand finalist. Some mental demons out there, Fell in an absolute heap with a pretty good side on paper, only gets harder with no mark Blake putting it down their throats either.

Also I think Brent mcleod stepping down is a very very nice way of putting it

I think winchelsea should focus on making finals before being crowned grand finalist. Some mental demons out there, Fell in an absolute heap with a pretty good side on paper, only gets harder with no mark Blake putting it down their throats either.

Also I think Brent mcleod stepping down is a very very nice way of putting it

Care to elaborate on Macleod ?

Would be a shame to see Taylor and Howell leave after the hard work they have put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Speaking of coaches, you would be well placed to know who will coach Belmont next year, c’mon mate let us all in on the secret

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We had meet the coach night last night, we have a playing coach bringing some handy bigger body recruits but focus on keeping our pretty good young list who are all pretty excited, officially announced tomorrow so I better not piss off the president ha ha

We had meet the coach night last night, we have a playing coach bringing some handy bigger body recruits but focus on keeping our pretty good young list who are all pretty excited, officially announced tomorrow so I better not p**s off the president ha ha

Initials N.B. Punchy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Bennett from Werribee VFL (ex Corio) alongside younger brother Toby to return to Corio. Joel to share coaching role with Darren with a succession plan in place. More players to follow. Watch this space!

Care to elaborate on Macleod ?

Would be a shame to see Taylor and Howell leave after the hard work they have put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I’ve heard around multiple people is Brent was pushed out and kinda a “don’t come back” type of pushed out. Has a bit of issues that bubbled over and then involved people throughout the club. Not great stuff to be honest.

That’s greats news and great get for Corio, hopefully can build on that signing and get some more guys back and help build on that

What do people think about the bisset apppontment. Didn’t see that coming at all

From what I’ve heard around multiple people is Brent was pushed out and kinda a “don’t come back” type of pushed out. Has a bit of issues that bubbled over and then involved people throughout the club. Not great stuff to be honest.

That’s greats news and great get for Corio, hopefully can build on that signing and get some more guys back and help build on that

What do people think about the bisset apppontment. Didn’t see that coming at all

Ive heard some fairly big accusations this week about that whole situation. Talking a fair bit of money involved.

Their wouldnt be many clubs left that would take a punt on having him at your club. Left Ocean Grove in a bad way and has now left Apollo Bay in similar fashion.

How has Inverleigh been allocated 42 player points for next season. Surely they have been successful enough on field over the past 5 years to be awarded the minimum 40 points.
Only Thomson, Bannock and Werribee been allocated with 40🤔. I'm not getting this at all!

Early days but anyone able to give me some info on a few clubs in this league? Thinking of coming over due to my work situation changing and looking at Bell Post Hill, North Geelong or Thomson.

I'll be 30 starting next year so I'd probably prefer a slightly older group.

Early days but anyone able to give me some info on a few clubs in this league? Thinking of coming over due to my work situation changing and looking at Bell Post Hill, North Geelong or Thomson.

I'll be 30 starting next year so I'd probably prefer a slightly older group.
No doubt everyone will have a different opinion but I'd certainly speak to Bell Post Hill. So instead of people jumping on here and bagging other clubs as a way to promote their own probably best to look at they have achieved. Until this year they played in approximayely 14 finals series in a row, including a run of 10 consecutive Grand Finals up until 2017 and won 7 flags. Played in a Prelim final in 2018 with a pretty banged up list and this year a lot of players left to pursue other goals or retired and on top of an horrendous injury list they had a very average year. Sounds like this year has renewed their energy and desire to get back on the winners list and have been very active in their recruiting. What they do offer is a very good culture, mature list blended with some younger talent where they play for one another and want to get back to the finals. What is your footy CV

Thanks for the info mate much appreciated.

Sounds like they have been a pretty strong group. I'll definitely look into them further, any word on North Geelong / Thomson?

I could play a bit when I was younger but now its more for fun. I don't really want to leave the club I'm currently at but the travel factor is real so its probably either give it up or find a club in geelong.

No doubt everyone will have a different opinion but I'd certainly speak to Bell Post Hill. So instead of people jumping on here and bagging other clubs as a way to promote their own probably best to look at they have achieved. Until this year they played in approximayely 14 finals series in a row, including a run of 10 consecutive Grand Finals up until 2017 and won 7 flags. Played in a Prelim final in 2018 with a pretty banged up list and this year a lot of players left to pursue other goals or retired and on top of an horrendous injury list they had a very average year. Sounds like this year has renewed their energy and desire to get back on the winners list and have been very active in their recruiting. What they do offer is a very good culture, mature list blended with some younger talent where they play for one another and want to get back to the finals. What is your footy CV

There will be a real buzz around East Geelong next year. Back in the finals this year after a few years down the bottom. Good family club and looking to really have a big crack in 2020. Great oval, new facilities and a real positive vibe around the club. Was the only GDFL club to field a junior team in every division so plenty of good kids developing for future years. Won the Reserve grade Premiership too beating favourites and arch rivals Thompson. Lots to like down at East.

Last edited:
There will be a real buzz around East Geelong next year. Back in the finals this year after a few years down the bottom. Good family club and looking to really have a big crack in 2020. Great oval, new facilities and a real positive vibe around the club. Was the only GDFL club to field a junior team in every division so plenty of good kids developing for future years. Won the Reserve grade Premiership too beating favourites and arch rivals Thompson. Lots to like down at East.
Totally agree and the reserve team wasnt filled with former Senior players but good young group on the way up.Exciting times ahead. Great coach as well

The oval is horrendous. Other stuff prob true

Apart from the centre wicket area that can get muddy it’s seems pretty good to me. As it’s used as a turf cricket oval in summer the council put plenty into it making sure it’s in top nick. As it’s all cooch grass it is in a dormant stage over winter and yellows off. Comes back quickly though and looks a treat as the weather warms up. Good enough for AFL Barwon to play all junior finals there this year. I certainly wouldn’t call it horrendous.

Apart from the centre wicket area that can get muddy it’s seems pretty good to me. As it’s used as a turf cricket oval in summer the council put plenty into it making sure it’s in top nick. As it’s all cooch grass it is in a dormant stage over winter and yellows off. Comes back quickly though and looks a treat as the weather warms up. Good enough for AFL Barwon to play all junior finals there this year. I certainly wouldn’t call it horrendous.
They played a couple of finals but definitely not all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back