GDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Have you looked at Corio. Definitely struggled the past 5years or so and been belted on the scoreboard in the past. They have recruited a lot of young fellas that are very committed. They are under no illusion that they Still have a long way to go, but have very good coaches and support staff and I believe will have the best onballers in the league for 2020. Yes to all followers you may disagree with the onballers but everyone is entitled their own opinion. They have added 10 senior players to their list in the pre season and I’d doubt anyone would disagree with me when I say the best pick up by far for the league in Joel Bennett.

Handy to say the least but teams rarely succeed because of 1 player but good pickup just the same

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What position you play may help determine the club based on their needs.Where have you played previously?

Probably worth checking out a few clubs to get a feel but if you're travelling from Melbourne and happen to be using the ring road Bell Post Hill is an easy exit and been very succesful over the last decade. Sure they'd be happy to talk to you, as most other clubs would. Senior or reserves player?

Probably worth checking out a few clubs to get a feel but if you're travelling from Melbourne and happen to be using the ring road Bell Post Hill is an easy exit and been very succesful over the last decade. Sure they'd be happy to talk to you, as most other clubs would. Senior or reserves player?
Would more than likely be reserves for the time being, I havnt played in afew years due to work commitments but more so just looking to join a team where I can be able to train once (maybe twice a week) and have no issues playing on Saturday.
I probably should have been abit more clearer on my first post, I previously used to live in Geelong and have just relocated back, had played for Geelong West in the GFL many years ago.

2020 is finally here, any one prepared to submit predictions for the coming year.
Personally i reckon Blues or Hawks for premiership and the Lions for the spoon, lost a heap of players and no real names to replace them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Top 5:
Banno
Thomson
Werribee
North
Inverleigh
Premier: Banno
Spoon: Belmont
Whitley: Bennett/Bataglia
Leading goal kicker: Bailey Ettridge

Darley Football Netball Club are looking for new players for their under 19 boys team. Membership will be half price, socks and shorts provided. Training will be Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:15pm. If you are thinking of playing and want to be guaranteed a game please call club president Mark Shelly 0418 518 862

Hey all,
i’m interested in people’s thoughts.
There has been a lot of controversy over restructuring the 3 Geelong leagues in recent years and while the concept seems ok, i’m caught up in between tradition and history but what if ?
Geelong currently has 34 teams playing district wide, if you were to convert that into two 17 team comps, each team would play each other once and you could do the final 8 system, hence no real less games per year.
It’s just a hypothetical conversation but one worth thinking about.
Obviously one team from each league would go up or down depending on their circumstances or maybe 2 teams

Long time between posts. Surely some recruitment and preseason news from the GDFL. Word is the boys from Werribee are flying, look out

Long time between posts. Surely some recruitment and preseason news from the GDFL. Word is the boys from Werribee are flying, look out
Inver the team to beat for mine. Hutchy, Best, Grundell, Robertson and Tyquin big in's. Gonna be a great year for GD in general. Some great players running around.

Inver
Thomson
Werribee
Banno
North

BPH
Winch
West
Corio
East
Belmont
Anakie

Whitley: Bennett
Leading goal kicker: Grundell

I think it’s time to call it as it is, The Belmont lions are in a relentless cycle of uni students just wanting to piss it up or older players who just want the coin but don’t give a *, it’s never going to change that club unless they ditch the uni students and pick up some decent standard players which is gfl reserves players for Gfl . I watched their performance against West and left at half time, no skills and no footy nouse, but who had it when they were 19?

I think it’s time to call it as it is, The Belmont lions are in a relentless cycle of uni students just wanting to piss it up or older players who just want the coin but don’t give a fu**, it’s never going to change that club unless they ditch the uni students and pick up some decent standard players which is gfl reserves players for Gfl . I watched their performance against West and left at half time, no skills and no footy nouse, but who had it when they were 19?

Bit rough mate. Pretty hard when you don’t have juniors for the past 10 years. Now they do have juniors and the juniors are a stable base coming thru. I am not a Belmont supporter either. The current coach is having a red hot dip who recruited players that want to play for him. Give them a few years. There building slowly, but they must stick the course with proper support. It will take a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to my old side the Inverleigh Hawks for breaking their 31 yr drought and winning the flag yesterday.
Winning the Reserves flag too earlier to make a nice double for the club.

Afl Barwon just needs to do it, never listen to self interest or nothing will ever happen, just start the re structure in 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back