GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Went out and watched the second half of centrals v thomson. Dont get to watch a heap of gdfl footy anymore and was hoping centrals would win, but gee the crowd absoultley gave it to Thomson players from every direction of the ground. I dont like Thomson but i dont think they will forget what happened yesterday. I hope Centrals can back it up on a dry day in September because they wont forget the abuse from yestetday.

Went out and watched the second half of centrals v thomson. Dont get to watch a heap of gdfl footy anymore and was hoping centrals would win, but gee the crowd absoultley gave it to Thomson players from every direction of the ground. I dont like Thomson but i dont think they will forget what happened yesterday. I hope Centrals can back it up on a dry day in September because they wont forget the abuse from yestetday.

A trip to Werribee has never been a fun day out, different breed up there but yesterday’s win is truly what the league needed right about now, at least we know they can be beaten

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What possible upsets could happen today?

East and banno??
Do or die for winch vs inver ?
North and BPH?

North will get over bph
Inver to good for winch
East to upset banno
Anakie win
Werribee win
Thompson will be breathing fire today

What possible upsets could happen today?

East and banno??
Do or die for winch vs inver ?
North and BPH?

North will get over bph
Inver to good for winch
East to upset banno
Anakie win
Werribee win
Thompson will be breathing fire today
Great response from the Panthers in front of their past players.
Some real soul searching after the Nth game
The GDFL is the only competition in the area where intensity compressed into 3 hrs of play can cause any of the teams to create a result against the formguide.
Especially when playing at home against flakey opposition.
Can we trust that form going into the next round V Belmont ( A)?
Who knows in 2019.
Good luck to you if you can tip the card over the remaining rounds

Some massive games today. Will shape the finals race thats for sure
Werribee and East is huge for both sides.
West and Winch is also massive. Winch need to win desperately.
If North can knock off Inver it opens up even further again.

Some massive games today. Will shape the finals race thats for sure
Werribee and East is huge for both sides.
West and Winch is also massive. Winch need to win desperately.

5th Spot? Winch choking......? 6pts clear of East, 8pts clear of West....
Just checked the ladder, Anakie can roll Winch at home this week then Winch have Thomson....
East have Belmont then BPH, West still a chance after their win at Winch, they can beat Banno at home next week, then have North....
Could get interesting but Winch have a good percentage.

5th Spot? Winch choking......? 6pts clear of East, 8pts clear of West....
Just checked the ladder, Anakie can roll Winch at home this week then Winch have Thomson....
East have Belmont then BPH, West still a chance after their win at Winch, they can beat Banno at home next week, then have North....
Could get interesting but Winch have a good percentage.
It's massive week this week!
Can winch hold off Anakie who seem to be playing real good footy atm
East should beat belmont at home! Who is tipping who this week??

It's massive week this week!
Can winch hold off Anakie who seem to be playing real good footy atm
East should beat belmont at home! Who is tipping who this week??

Your right it’s a huge week, would assume east Geelong win the next two so a lot of pressure on winchelsea coming up. There was an article about Forssman adding substance to their side over the last few years. There would be people that argue all they see is a bunch of front running lippy blokes that have not achieved anything. Getting a bit of a downhill skier reputation around the league from a number of guys I’ve spoken to from different teams.

Your right it’s a huge week, would assume east Geelong win the next two so a lot of pressure on winchelsea coming up. There was an article about Forssman adding substance to their side over the last few years. There would be people that argue all they see is a bunch of front running lippy blokes that have not achieved anything. Getting a bit of a downhill skier reputation around the league from a number of guys I’ve spoken to from different teams.
Yeah I'm hearing that too, even from people within the club

Inverleigh to beat Werribee by 15 but should be a great game
Anakie in an upset by 5
Winch grossly overrated
East but just, Belmont playing reasonable footy at present and could upset in crappy conditions
Thomson by 100
North by 200
Banno by 10 just to put the nail in the West coffin
Probably 4 really good games this week so be interesting to see what will be game of the week on the pulse radio,
Getting fed up listening to Thomson Banno or Inver most weeks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I'm hearing that too, even from people within the club

Cheer Cheer the red and the blue - Never thought I would say "Go Anakie" ha ha
Belmont rolled Winch on wet and windy day so I think the Roos over Blues to shake 5th spot.
Inverleigh v Werribee - close - a draw?
Thomson easy over BPH (those massive goal posts will be swaying around)
Corio to put up a fight against North
East playing for finals spot - maybe over a much improved young Belmont
Giants to roll Banno in upset

Enjoy the footy, take beanies, coats and gumboots.

Good call. Seems that substance doesn’t translate to their actions on field. Don’t think there will be too many disappointed opposition clubs throughout the league if Winchelsea don’t make it to St Albans as it looks like now. Pathetic performance from a bunch of players who were screaming that “it’s our time now” to opponents earlier in the year before the grounds got wet and muddy and required a bit of heart to play in.

Good call. Seems that substance doesn’t translate to their actions on field. Don’t think there will be too many disappointed opposition clubs throughout the league if Winchelsea don’t make it to St Albans as it looks like now. Pathetic performance from a bunch of players who were screaming that “it’s our time now” to opponents earlier in the year before the grounds got wet and muddy and required a bit of heart to play in.

Please! Every team in all competitions are good on the lip when things are going their way.
The best part is that the competition has evened up and teams have to bring something close to their best every week or face the prospect of losing.
And that’s good for local football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please! Every team in all competitions are good on the lip when things are going their way.
The best part is that the competition has evened up and teams have to bring something close to their best every week or face the prospect of losing.
And that’s good for local football.

Competition has definantly evened up I agree. It’s great for the comp. but winchelsea would have to come close to biggest underachievers in the last couple years. The way they rate themselves and who they have brought in. They have an afl premiership ruckman putting it down their throats every week, what more do they need. By all reports forssman is a great bloke and coach but somethings obviously not right there and when your all mouth when your winning and early in a season gotta be able to take the lumps when you fall in a heap. And i disagree about the lip, not every side is like it and from what I hear around winch is always mentioned. Unfortunately for them they need to beat the best side in the Comp next week otherwise they’ll miss out because you’d think east Geelong will make work of bph.

Anyway this sounds all against winch so what are people’s thoughts going into finals? Can Werribee banno or inva challenge Thomson? Banno made a little statement against west today also

Competition has definantly evened up I agree. It’s great for the comp. but winchelsea would have to come close to biggest underachievers in the last couple years. The way they rate themselves and who they have brought in. They have an afl premiership ruckman putting it down their throats every week, what more do they need. By all reports forssman is a great bloke and coach but somethings obviously not right there and when your all mouth when your winning and early in a season gotta be able to take the lumps when you fall in a heap. And i disagree about the lip, not every side is like it and from what I hear around winch is always mentioned. Unfortunately for them they need to beat the best side in the Comp next week otherwise they’ll miss out because you’d think east Geelong will make work of bph.

Anyway this sounds all against winch so what are people’s thoughts going into finals? Can Werribee banno or inva challenge Thomson? Banno made a little statement against west today also

Werribee certainly hitting finals with form and confidence.
Look to be the main threat.
Will relish the space at St.Albans with players that cover the ground well.
Thomson still have the experience and will be no pushover.
Bannockburn quiet achievers at the moment.
Think it’s out of those 3.
Inverleigh just off the pace in the past month.

Werribee certainly hitting finals with form and confidence.
Look to be the main threat.
Will relish the space at St.Albans with players that cover the ground well.
Thomson still have the experience and will be no pushover.
Bannockburn quiet achievers at the moment.
Think it’s out of those 3.
Inverleigh just off the pace in the past month.
If east make I think they will be able to upset and sneak in a win or two!

Only just lost to inver and banno! Jeremy power would have to be in contention for coach of the year!

But Werribee would love the space in on the bigger ground!
I think it will be Thompson Werribee grand final but you just never know with the Comp being a lot closer this year

If east make I think they will be able to upset and sneak in a win or two!

Only just lost to inver and banno! Jeremy power would have to be in contention for coach of the year!

But Werribee would love the space in on the bigger ground!
I think it will be Thompson Werribee grand final but you just never know with the Comp being a lot closer this year
Totally agree Jeremy Power has done a terrific job. Terrific ruckman and mids .Not far off the mark if not this season possibly next.

Looks like it’ll be the last game Holwell will coach for Thomson from what I’ve heard this morning.
Apollo Bay guys are saying that Brent McCleod Is leaving and going back to Thomson to coach next season.
Thoughts?

Looks like it’ll be the last game Holwell will coach for Thomson from what I’ve heard this morning.
Apollo Bay guys are saying that Brent McCleod Is leaving and going back to Thomson to coach next season.
Thoughts?
I heard Brent had signed on again at Apollo Bay

I've also heard Jai Thompson from Leopold heading to East Geelong, perhaps as joint coach. Couple of old BPH boys returning in Dyl Witney and Costello which was obvious[/QUOTE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back