GDFL U/18's 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a big call before pre-season has even started, but they would have to be favourites at the start of the season
they only lose 6 players nxt yr, Ricketts, Anderson, Young, Kenyon, Parker, Rickard and gain about 10 premiership under 16s!!
should b clearly favourites!!

they only lose 6 players nxt yr, Ricketts, Anderson, Young, Kenyon, Parker, Rickard and gain about 10 premiership under 16s!!
should b clearly favourites!!

I hear they got a new coach.There CHAMPIONSHIP coach has retired ,so that leaves a huge pair of shoes to fill.Top coach that cooky.

I hear they got a new coach.There CHAMPIONSHIP coach has retired ,so that leaves a huge pair of shoes to fill.Top coach that cooky.
hey u havnt even showed ur face down at nths training think u no the new coach has a lot of experience he has coached seniors so thats a big positive 'but after saying that u did a great job over the last few years so lets see how the new coach goes he has got a already made top group of talented players so good luck hab .dont be too shy cookie sure the guys wld luv to see u so come down and meet the new coach.:thumbsu:

So how are all the teams doin. Would of loved the G.D.F.L. too have had an U/18 interleague team to go curtain raiser to the senior game,but North V Corio should be a cracker of a game. Thoughts.

interleague would of been great ,wonder what the team would of looked like ?
i have watched north geelong in the past 2 weeks, they have been lucky and have played well under presure to come away with wins, a couple of calm heads out there to hold the team up
but i see the pressure that will come from corio, to be too much for north geelong to handle .I see north going down by more than 5 goals but north with the potential to improve to a greater level than corio is able to reach
i pick corio to be minor premiers but for north to claim the title that matters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how are all the teams doin. Would of loved the G.D.F.L. too have had an U/18 interleague team to go curtain raiser to the senior game,but North V Corio should be a cracker of a game. Thoughts.

Yeah should be a great a game there's nothing between the two sides a goal either way I recon

wasnt as gooda game as it was made out to be... north obviously still the bench mark, with second on the ladder comming nowhere near them, nothings changed at corio, still undisiplined as ever even at junior level.. good players wnet missing for corio as soon as it got a bit tuff.. j hutchinson shut down d wrighte, young ricketts i think younger brother of last yrs ricketts shut down lane.. for best on ground houners for them 2 players. scott and taylor spose to be great players, where as noths younger blokes showed them up, whne north put 4 quarters together,, i dont think any1 will get near them!!

i now see corio falling apart as they did on the field
i believe the likes of inverleigh and east geelong to be much better sides and will not be suprised to see corio slip down the ladder .was not a great game, could of watched north play a lower side for the same result .gavin the coach down at north is a superior coach to what any other team has and will see him in a senior coaching job next year
north 10

i now see corio falling apart as they did on the field
i believe the likes of inverleigh and east geelong to be much better sides and will not be suprised to see corio slip down the ladder .was not a great game, could of watched north play a lower side for the same result .gavin the coach down at north is a superior coach to what any other team has and will see him in a senior coaching job next year
north 10
gavin the coach is the same gavin that did nothing with anakie for the last 2 years, ok obviously different cattle to work with but i think he should just stick to doing the 18s and hopefully build wat is already a successful into an even bigger empire of success

gavin the coach is the same gavin that did nothing with anakie for the last 2 years, ok obviously different cattle to work with but i think he should just stick to doing the 18s and hopefully build wat is already a successful into an even bigger empire of success

i myself dont see gavin who did have no success at anakie sticking around doing the 18s, i feel that he believes that he can do bigger and better things .he has the potential just depends if he can gain respect and success where ever he wants to go

would love to hear peoples thoughts on players and teams heading into finals time
teams to be able to mix it and the players who can change a game

would love to hear peoples thoughts on players and teams heading into finals time
teams to be able to mix it and the players who can change a game

I think there are a couple of boys that can swing the game in there teams favour.
Nth Geelong: Kingwell can play well any were
Belmont: Dubbledam with his pace and big kick
Belmont: Vermulan another with pace and aglitly
Corio: Taylor goal kicker
Nth Geelong: Podnar if he plays 18s
Belmont: Adam Cleal good ruckmen
Nth Geelong: Riccardi good midfielder
Nth Geelong: Doak can kick goals

what do people think personally i think the first 3 are guys capable of swinging a game but i have not seen everyside play this year

I think there are a couple of boys that can swing the game in there teams favour.
Nth Geelong: Kingwell can play well any were
Belmont: Dubbledam with his pace and big kick
Belmont: Vermulan another with pace and aglitly
Corio: Taylor goal kicker
Nth Geelong: Podnar if he plays 18s
Belmont: Adam Cleal good ruckmen
Nth Geelong: Riccardi good midfielder
Nth Geelong: Doak can kick goals

what do people think personally i think the first 3 are guys capable of swinging a game but i have not seen everyside play this year

I have seen Vermulan and Dubbledam play those boys can change a game quite easy they are great to watch as well. if Belmont are to go anywhere in finals those boys will take them there i think.

I have seen Vermulan and Dubbledam play those boys can change a game quite easy they are great to watch as well. if Belmont are to go anywhere in finals those boys will take them there i think.

The Belmont Junior structure has been in place for 7-8 years now and it is great to see these two boys playing well and the team sitting equal 2nd on the ladder. Many of the boys have come up through the ranks and it would be a great reward for the club if the under 18s play finals and manage to make the Grand Final which is possible if they play as a team. Full credit must go to the coach who is actually the senior president as well. :thumbsu::):thumbsu:

The Belmont Junior structure has been in place for 7-8 years now and it is great to see these two boys playing well and the team sitting equal 2nd on the ladder. Many of the boys have come up through the ranks and it would be a great reward for the club if the under 18s play finals and manage to make the Grand Final which is possible if they play as a team. Full credit must go to the coach who is actually the senior president as well. :thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Hey there punchy is it true all so that the vice president of Belmont is a coach as well of a team? i have herd good reports about him and the way he coaches and he has a great rep with all his players(is that true punchy?)that is a massive effort if they both coach it is a fantastic effort for Belmont.

Hey there punchy is it true all so that the vice president of Belmont is a coach as well of a team? i have herd good reports about him and the way he coaches and he has a great rep with all his players(is that true punchy?)that is a massive effort if they both coach it is a fantastic effort for Belmont.

Yes mate, Mick put his hand up to help the club and took on the role of senior vice president at the start of the year. He has coached the u16s for the past 3 years and is a passionate person when it comes to the Lions. The players love him, they are in divvy 2 but have a massive crack each week against some pretty good teams. He is one of 4-5 people at Belmont responsible for the quality kids they have coming through their junior system, these boys are the future of the Lions. I could pump him up abit more but he will probably read this at sometime.:thumbsu: to Mick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back