Game Day GDT: Melbourne Vs Hawthorn MCG @ 13:45 (Round 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was a really good effort today. I felt we had a lift from the players that needed to in order for us to become a better rounded unit. What I was really impressed about was the following;
1. Intensity - we couldn’t spell the word for 6 weeks but today we just got around it. Tackling, running, smothering, pressuring, hunting the ball carrier. It was a much better performance.
2. We didn’t allow Hawthorn to much free ball usage with the uncontested space. We were able to act on them very quickly to force pressure and force error.
3. A more even spread of players stepped up; ANB, Stretch, Lockhart, Hore, Hibberd and Hunt. It was great seeing ANB get back into some touch.

I think in order for us to put together some more wins over the next month there can be no regression. That’s just got to be the building block to get better and that intensity and effort is a non negotiable.

Gold Coast
West Coast
GWS
Crows

That’s our next month. It’s big. Really big. Two wins from that and I’ll accept its where we are for 2019. But seriously? We are good enough to win at least 3. We win 3 and it’s 5-6 and we could come home with a wet sail.

Stop white knighting him ffs he’s always been a sore loser. Coaching version of Selwood
* off, Selwood is a gun.... was giving a talk in the huddle in the GF in his first season. That’s how much respect he commanded. It’s only the morons that don’t appreciate him that focus on his ducking.

As far as Clarkson? Yeah is a sore loser but he is right about us.

**** off, Selwood is a gun.... was giving a talk in the huddle in the GF in his first season. That’s how much respect he commanded. It’s only the morons that don’t appreciate him that focus on his ducking.

As far as Clarkson? Yeah is a sore loser but he is right about us.

Don’t give a s**t how good Selwood is he’s a sore loser just like clarko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back