Game Day GDT: Melbourne vs Richmond(H) MCG @19:25- The Melbourne Ashes. Dust to Dust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/20/melb-v-rich

Match preview: Melbourne v Richmond
Sarah Black July 30, 2019 12:40 PM​

Where and when: MCG, Saturday August 3, 7.25pm AEST
TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide
What it means for Melbourne:
With the pressure increasing on both Simon Goodwin and Melbourne's playing list, a top-four scalp would open the valve somewhat. It would also be only the Demons' third win in their past 11 games.

What it means for Richmond: The Tigers' percentage took a battering at the start of the season but has slowly been on the improve. Saturday night could be a chance to boost it further.

The stat: Final term fade-outs have been a big issue for the Dees recently. Over its past four matches, Melbourne has conceded an average of 28.5 points in the final quarter, while managing an average of just 13.3 itself.
The match-up: Michael Hibberd v Dustin Martin
Hibberd held Martin to just 17 disposals the last time these sides met, the superstar Tiger's second-lowest tally for the year. The Dee, ranked 191 in the AFL Player Ratings, is versatile enough to take on Martin (11th overall) whether he's forward or in the middle.
It's a big week for: Simon Goodwin
After storming to a preliminary final last season, it's been a disastrous year for Goodwin and his Melbourne charges. The Dees have now dropped a game below Carlton in 17th place and are staring down the barrel of falling 13 places in 12 months.
698640_ll.jpg

Big call: Dylan Grimes is in red-hot form behind the ball and will finish with 12 intercepts.
Prediction: Tigers by 35 points

....... No Comment

NO Stream on GDT. You know.​

It’s hard to see any result other than us being slaughtered. I had a similar feeling pre game v the eagles. We did ok that day. But the tigers are absolutely building. This could get ugly.

Two teams with near identical game plans. Tigers will look to turn the ball over at our 50 and rebound. Dees will DEFINITELY turn the ball over at our 50 and watch it rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeahhhh Kennedy Harris!!! Hope you enjoyed your toast and VEGEMITE today mate, savoured every bite did you!?!? Last time you get to wake up and call yourself an AFL footballer you dog, hope you cherish every moment out there because it's the last time you'll be seeing the MCG unless you pay for it like every other prick. Nah just kidding- go out there and prove me wrong you dumb sack of potato!

How good is it that Melbourne get all these SICK prime-time, Free-to-air TELEVISIONS slots after they re-discover their Neeld 2012 form???

Anyway Melbourne is literal s**t at football rn, but I reckon we'll fluke this one anyway.

Go Dees!!!

Sports Bet have Melbourne head to head at $4.60 and 1 to 39 points at $4.50. Work that out. I know it won’t make any difference because Tigers to win 60 plus.

I'm a bitter man but seeing Geelong implode gives me more satisfaction than anything MFC can provide at this point of the year.
That’s pretty much how my year has gone. Enjoying watching other supporters descend into the abyss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back