Game Day GDT: Melbourne vs Richmond(H) MCG @19:25- The Melbourne Ashes. Dust to Dust.

alphatool

Senior List
Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Petty should smash somebody, at the moment everyone is pushing him around like a kid, if he goes in hard people will respect him and think twice before a contest. Getting suspended for a few weeks would be worth it.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Free kicks 12-4. Reckon they missed at least 6 or 7.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
A bit to like in that first half. Just need to stop Richmond’s forward exit from stoppages. And more forward 50 pressure. You can see when Richmond get out of forward 50 we struggle to defend the space.

Petty should smash somebody, at the moment everyone is pushing him around like a kid, if he goes in hard people will respect him and think twice before a contest. Getting suspended for a few weeks would be worth it.

Literally the only 'key forward' we have at the moment. Pruess is hopeless. I'm sure that'll get him in the good books with the coach.

Pile driving someone into the ground (fairly) however, I'm all for.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Reasonably happy so far.

Scoreboard is close despite playing vs 25. We all know it will blow out to 40 points by the end but can't fault the scoreboard pressure so far.

Liking the work of Petracca in the middle.

And most importantly, Lever went (in my mind) from career in limbo to back on the ground in the space of 10 minutes.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
And we got the first 2-3 of the game.

Took a while for the umps to come to their senses and get with the program.

Reasonably happy so far.

Scoreboard is close despite playing vs 25. We all know it will blow out to 40 points by the end but can't fault the scoreboard pressure so far.

Liking the work of Petracca in the middle.

And most importantly, Lever went (in my mind) from career in limbo to back on the ground in the space of 10 minutes.

Feels a bit like ANZAC Eve. Doing lots of things ok, Richmond haven't got out of 3rd gear though.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like the fact Melbourne are taking the game on.

I thought JKH was a bit of a quiet achiever that half.

Quietly achieving mediocrity? He is frustratingly predictable and sloppy with his ball use. He's a dangerous player, just not for the opposition.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
And we got the first 2-3 of the game.
The other was an out on the full. Feels like every 50/50 going their way very frustrating. Still the skill errors is more frustrating and probably the cause of a few free kicks. Same story each week we just need to be cleaner. Also as mentioned too many players with low iq how often we see 3 players go for the one ball leaving opponents free at ground level.

Demon4123

Senior List
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Preuss has had too many free kicks paid against him. Keeps holding their ruckman in contests.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Preuss has had too many free kicks paid against him. Keeps holding their ruckman in contests.

I think the problem is he's a big, dumb lump of a ruckman.

Back