Game Day GDT: North Melbourne vs Melbourne @ Blundstone Arena @ 14:10 AEST- The Cursed Train-wreck comes to an end. Finally!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

FOR VIC VIEWERS

FOR TAS VIEWERS

https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/23/nmfc-v-melb

Match preview: North Melbourne v Melbourne
Marc McGowan August 21, 2019 2:34 PM​

Where and when: Blundstone Arena, Saturday August 24, 2.10pm AEST
TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide
What it means for North Melbourne: The chance to win double-digit games. That might not seem a significant milestone, but it's a solid effort after starting the year with a 2-7 record – and would be a good platform for 2020.
What it means for Melbourne: Honestly? Very little at this stage. This season provided major disappointment after major disappointment, and last week's capitulation against Sydney was another. Maybe the Dees can salvage some pride.

The stat: Melbourne ranks last for scores and goals per inside 50 percentage, one of the stories of its season.
The match-up: Todd Goldstein v Max Gawn
If nothing else excites you about this match, then look out for this ruck contest between All Australians Gawn (No.1 in AFL Player Ratings) and Goldstein (No.6). Few who watched their titanic clash at Blundstone Arena in round three, 2016 will ever forget it.
It's a big week for: Jordan Lewis
The four-time premiership Hawk's magnificent playing career comes to an end on Saturday, although it will be in red and blue. Lewis spent the past three seasons playing for the Demons and will be keen to sign off in the right fashion.
707789_ll.jpg

Big call: Jake Melksham kicks five goals in a lone hand for Melbourne, but his efforts aren't nearly enough to haul his side across the line.
Prediction: North Melbourne by 40 points
What a cursed season eh!?.

No streams for GDT.​

Why the hell are we playing some of our best players in this game???? Honestly if Gawn goes down from injury Goodwin should be sacked on the spot. I hope we don't embarrass Lewis too much, he's been a good servant.
Yes I also believe we shouldn’t embarrass Lewis by playing our only competent ruck

Well, the Bluey Truscott Trophy has definitely been decided at this point and, according to the 426, so has the Sid Anderson, the Ron Barassi Snr and the Ivor Warne-Smith. Even the Harold Ball is locked in (though that was months ago).

Says something when the only thing players are fighting for in the last round is the Dick Taylor and the race to 25 goals.

Side fact: First time since Round 8 that the Top 12 of the 426 are going to play together.

Now we've hit the end, I'm genuinely more despondent than I was at the end of 2011 or 2012. At least I had naïve hope back then that things would get better. This year has been utterly disgusting. Couldn't really give a toss that its game day.

Probably not the thread for it, but if you’ve got Foxtel look at the Geelong v Carlton 1994 SF on now. Just to get an idea of the state of the game. Brilliant skills, intensity absolutely brilliant. Who said that the game is better now. It isn’t.

I tell you what, the goal kicking was brilliant as well. And Billy Brownless was an excellent set shot. Players kept the ball low on the drop and directed it on the boot.

Topkent

Last edited:
Why the hell are we playing some of our best players in this game???? Honestly if Gawn goes down from injury Goodwin should be sacked on the spot. I hope we don't embarrass Lewis too much, he's been a good servant.
Are you concussed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a thing of beauty last night. That pitch is actually playing quite fast. Stokes looked unplayable at times. The 3 fasts Australia selected are perfect combination for the pitch.
Love our bowling line up. And love the posters calling for Starc to be included prior to the test because he bowls ‘150’.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back